Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid A855 (aka Tao/Sholes/Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    Droid RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickster357
    agreed and if you're a runner why would you use this phone and not lets say an ipod to listen to music? kinda silly. unless you're going to expect a call if you're exercising or want to see where/how far you went, but if that's the case get the nike+ thing. it's like 20 bucks.
    I gave up my ipod+ Nike setup for a BB Curve 8330 because I want to be able to squeeze out that last 911 during the inevitable heart attack happening in the most isolated area of my run.

Device(s)
    Motorola XT1103 Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorcancer
    Nap owners correct me. But didn't you just use the 3.5mm jack to plug in some AV cables?

Couldn't the same be done with Tao?
    The Nap only has a 2.5mm jack, I think. I believe that the Nap also has some sort of AV out, but I personally never used it. I think that the fact the Nap had 2.5mm as opposed to 3.5mm was a bummer to some (as it was with the Ozone).

As for the Tao, it will have a 3.5mm, but as for AV output, that remains to be seen.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1650
    You don't have to put it your hand, I use the front shirt pocket test. I carry the 4 ounce phone in my front pocket and the left side of my shirt does not droop. A 6 ounce phone and my shirt is lopsided, that simple. Try it with the TP2 (about the same weight) , it droops.

Get it?
    Explain to me how you want a phone to have a larger screen, a more solid build, to have adequate battery life (which means a larger battery), a good camera, a nice touchscreen and STILL be as light as a phone that has none of this? How is that supposed to happen?

You mean to tell me the phone has a larger screen than an iPhone, much higher resolution, a much better camera, much better build quality, a larger battery and somehow manages to weigh slightly more than a dumbphone with none of this? You have to be realistic. Slightly heavier phones are far more comfortable to use and feel much better in your hand, anyway. If you want a cheap toy, Lucky Goldstar makes lots of stuff to suit you.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was looking forward to the BB S2, but now after seeing this, I may have changed my mind.

Device(s)
    LG Dare (Current)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by norbert
    Does this mean the Sholes will be out of date by the time the rest of the Android phones are released (by Christmas)?
    Heck no the Sholes will be a full featured phone. Some of the other phones coming by Motorola will be more simplistic phones with less features. The first Verizon LG droid will be mega sick because they have been all about the Schneider lens for the cameras. But yes several Android phones WILL be available for Christmas so hopefully you have been a good bunch of mobilephiles this year
    TeKNoTroNiK
    Previous VZW Customer Support Technician

Feedback Score
    God I hope this is going to be $200 on contract, though the amazing specs are leaving me kind of wary that VZW may try and push the price up a bit.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've been following this thread (and the phone) for quite some time and I'd like to say thank you for giving us all this info. Its really surprising to see such a (hopefully) awesome device come to Verizon and I think I'll have to be forced to pay full-retail when it comes out since I don't have an upgrade available to me.

My question is can you tell us more about the Eclair interface? How different is it from the current iterations of Android? Does it use multi-touch gestures? Are the graphics and icons different from previous versions? Does it still have the Scroll-Up folder? You don't have to be specific for obvious reasons.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Multi-touch and 'flick scrolling' capable?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    It's been stated countless times throughout this thread that it will support multi-touch.

No one has mentioned flick scrolling yet AFAIK and I've read every post in this thread since the day it was created many, many months ago.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What plan will be required to use this phone on Verizon's network?
    Currently we have a NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY plan, I'm assuming at the very least I would want/need Connect family plan? Would this allow tethering? If not, at least Pandora use, web browsing, email etc?

The fine print says: "On select smartphone devices, if you do not subscribe to a Data Plan or Data Feature, data usage will be billed at 1.5¢ per KB ($15.36 per MB), unless you add a data block or subscribe to a Wireless Email Feature. Other smartphone devices and all BlackBerry® devices require a Data Plan or a Data Feature."

So does that mean, the Sholes being a smartphone, that if I want to use it properly, I have to pay an additional $40 a month for a data plan on top of what I'm already paying for "Unlimited Data" which is touted as a feature of the Nationwide Connect family plan?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nobnoobody
    What plan will be required to use this phone on Verizon's network?
    Currently we have a NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY plan, I'm assuming at the very least I would want/need Connect family plan? Would this allow tethering? If not, at least Pandora use, web browsing, email etc?
    No. Connect plans won't be compatible with this. It's a smartphone and would require the $29.99 data feature. You will probably be able to tether (Verizon's network can take it) with the $29.99 tethering feature. Don't ask if you need both to tether, it's a silly question.
    Hi-Keeba!!!

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by servo086
    No. Connect plans won't be compatible with this. It's a smartphone and would require the $29.99 data feature. No idea on tethering.
    That's some **** that they feature "Unlimited Data" as a feature of the family plan then... and if I'm paying $30 for data, it had better include tethering. This is why Verizon still manages to piss me off.

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That's some **** that they feature "Unlimited Data" as a feature of the family plan then... and if I'm paying $30 for data, it had better include tethering. This is why Verizon still manages to piss me off.
    Find another thread

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    LOL @ this thread over the past day....

What was someone saying about the "Chocolate Touch thread" just a day or so ago?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Downgrade your plan to just a NW Basic plan, add a texting feature and get the $29.99 package. You don't need your Connect plan. That's for dumbphones.

Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 114 ... LastLast