Page 92 of 152 FirstFirst ... 42 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2273

Thread: Motorola Droid A855 (aka Tao/Sholes/Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread

Phone
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Its probably going to hit in November. Here's hoping for no launch mishaps on the hardware or software.

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I love HoFo and this forum in particular and I'm very happy to see it getting some attention and traffic.
    It's been in the doldrums for a long time because of the lack of exciting phones from Moto.

I think this thread, for all it's faults, has generated some very good information and mostly excellent discussion about this phone thanks to bill23 and others, "known facts" notwithstanding.

I am very thankful for all the input from everyone, it's been extremely entertaining as well as enlightening.

Whatever my reputation has been on this forum for past contributions in Moto hacking/modding, I am going to be a complete noob all over again in many ways and have a lot to learn about Android and Linux and everything else involved with the new generation of phones.

I'm really looking forward to it...we all need a little humility.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Phones
    Moto Droid
    BB Storm / Curve (retired)
    treo 700w (Retired)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Maybe we should run a poll when everyone thinks the announce & release date will be.

Phone
    DROID 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    ...and while you guys wait til december for a release ill chuckle some more when it pops up way sooner in stores.wait til you see the commercial on *** ** shortly.
    Lol! You're terrible!

Here's the BB playbook on BGR if you guys haven't seen it yet. I particularly enjoyed the "key dates for new devices entering the assortment" bit.

Phones
    LG Dare
    Motorola Sholes/Tao
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So is the Motorola Calgary a competitor to this phone. Should I curb my enthusiasm on the Sholes for the Calgary? Will it even be coming to Verizon?

Phone
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh
    Lol! You're terrible!

Here's the BB playbook on BGR if you guys haven't seen it yet. I particularly enjoyed the "key dates for new devices entering the assortment" bit.
    I'm guessing somewhere around the 23rd, if it doesn't air this week.

Phones
    LG Dare
    Silver RAZR V3m (kinda bricked it)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nobnoobody
    So is the Motorola Calgary a competitor to this phone. Should I curb my enthusiasm on the Sholes for the Calgary? Will it even be coming to Verizon?
    According to the thread on these boards about it, the Calgary won't be out till 2010, and if the Calgary thread is to be believed it will be on VZW as well.

Couldn't quite understand whither it was going to be a standard phone or another android device.

I do believe that the Droid or w/e the name is this week will be a more powerful device than Calgary. Again from the aforementioned thread.

Phones
    Sansung SCH-I515~AOKP JB mr1
    Moto Droid A855~SS5.6
    Moto A4500 Napoleon 01.31.00
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    Whatever my reputation has been on this forum for past contributions in Moto hacking/modding, I am going to be a complete noob all over again in many ways and have a lot to learn about Android and Linux and everything else involved with the new generation of phones.
    As do I. I respect your humility, but find it hard to believe that you would remain as much of a n00b as I or others, since you have ALWAYS been about the first guy to find the way and then show the others the way, first chance you get.

Phones
    Sansung SCH-I515~AOKP JB mr1
    Moto Droid A855~SS5.6
    Moto A4500 Napoleon 01.31.00
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    but since this thread has gone so far off topic and off track i wont post anymore and just sit back an enjoy my device amongst other prototypes im working on.
    and while you guys wait til december for a release ill chuckle some more when it pops up way sooner in stores.wait til you see the commercial on *** ** shortly.
    Just wanted to say, thanks. I never was in on the Nap pre-release thread, I read it after the fact and saw the changes in your sig after I had one. And thanks for the many *cough*'s, here and elsewhere. . . . .

You don't know me, but I do know how to read, read, read, and then maybe post, hope I'm OK.

So, again, thanks, sorry this thread went FUBAR, but don't blame you for sitting the rest of it out.

Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    There's no reason why anyone should be anything other than excited about this phone. I am, even if I don't buy it (which will probably be the case) but I just like seeing what the future of tech holds. But it certainly is nowhere near important enough to me to make me upset/depressed/angry. Seeing the leaked pics/specs only makes the imminent release more exciting to me.
    To anyone who is obsessed with this phone or the UI or the button layout or something so insigificant...just wait. We're going to find out soon enough what the phone looks like.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous9200
    There's no reason why anyone should be anything other than excited about this phone. I am, even if I don't buy it (which will probably be the case) but I just like seeing what the future of tech holds. But it certainly is nowhere near important enough to me to make me upset/depressed/angry. Seeing the leaked pics/specs only makes the imminent release more exciting to me.
    To anyone who is obsessed with this phone or the UI or the button layout or something so insigificant...just wait. We're going to find out soon enough what the phone looks like.
    i agree some people take this way to seriously.. artist get upset when we download their music, that doesnt stop millions from downloading it..

I cant wait for this phone either but no reason for any arguments..

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    this guy cracks me up.motodev. "known facts" lol.
    yes i know them and i annouce them.
    but since this thread has gone so far off topic and off track i wont post anymore and just sit back an enjoy my device amongst other prototypes im working on .
    and while you guys wait til december for a release ill chuckle some more when it pops up way sooner in stores.wait til you see the commercial on *** ** shortly.
    i appreciate everything you have given this site, so much in fact, i went back 50 or so more pages from where i started to see what you and wrussel were saying.. i didnt come to this site til those pics were posted last week..

thanks for everything, i would sure love to get some more hints towards that commercial your talking about, i know BGR just showed a doc with a verizon android phone along with others being released within a certain period of time (oct 4th to November 21st) so right there that tells me it will be out before december if its the correct vzn phone.. if im warm or cold on this please gimme some hints

Phone
    DROID 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Look closely and you'll see a Dec 13th date as well. I'm just going to expect it next year so the announcement bomb has more impact.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh
    Look closely and you'll see a Dec 13th date as well. I'm just going to expect it next year so the announcement bomb has more impact.
    i see what your saying but id be willing to bet money that its talking about one of the other phones that no ones talking about yet. well see but i think im pulling a picture together here.. been doing alot of research.. lol

Phones
    DROID beast 7.6 @ 1.2 GHz
    LG Dare
    HTC 2125/3125/8125 w/ cingular
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    you can look forward to next year if you want, but if bill says before december, im goin with before december...

Page 92 of 152 FirstFirst ... 42 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 142 ... LastLast