Page 56 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 106 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 2273

Thread: Motorola Droid A855 (aka Tao/Sholes/Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread

  1. #826
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    3,672
    Phones
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    USA made Moto Napoleon A4500 in Brown
    Moto Devour (looking to be sold)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MYhofoUSERNAME
    so how tall is this thing? seems really long...
    Just under 4.5 inches if memory serves me correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by sadmedic
    So will the phone have eclair? Because with donut just being released, I can't imagine the phone being released this month with eclair. With an awesome looking screen like that, It would be ashame to release it without multitouch support.
    Yes it will have Eclair running on it. FYI it is the first phone to the market that will have Eclair running on it.

  2. #827
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    917
    Feedback Score
    0
    eclair yes
    oversized dare but made of metal and very heavy ,yes
    battery life is good but gps will wear it down quick
    battery is very tiny
    it is droid 2.0
    and has a app market so you can dl tons of free apps or paid apps
    youtube plays in full HQ,my pc doesnt even do that
    the music player plays very clear and just loud enough.
    the soft qwerty is so damn accurate it isnt funny
    the hard qwerty board is like the htc i would say
    phone is super slim and thin but like a large dare
    the load time of pages is lightning fast.

    i wish i could post h/w pics or screen shots but its under wraps tight.
    i wonder where the other fellows are getting there pics from? *cough*
    Moto Razr

  3. #828
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    446
    Feedback Score
    0
    what are the differences between eclair and donut? i did a google search and couldn't find much difference.

    very good to hear the browser is fast.

  4. #829
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    3,672
    Phones
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    USA made Moto Napoleon A4500 in Brown
    Moto Devour (looking to be sold)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    eclair yes
    oversized dare but made of metal and very heavy ,yes
    battery life is good but gps will wear it down quick
    battery is very tiny
    it is droid 2.0
    and has a app market so you can dl tons of free apps or paid apps
    youtube plays in full HQ,my pc doesnt even do that
    the music player plays very clear and just loud enough.
    the soft qwerty is so damn accurate it isnt funny
    the hard qwerty board is like the htc i would say
    phone is super slim and thin but like a large dare
    the load time of pages is lightning fast.

    i wish i could post h/w pics or screen shots but its under wraps tight.
    i wonder where the other fellows are getting there pics from? *cough*
    thanks for the details on it bud. One thing that caught my eye and is really nice IMO is the fact it is made out of metal instead of the elcheapo plastic garbage we see from most other mfgs. Also nice to hear the soft Qwerty does a good job.

    In your opinion how does the touchscreen in general hold up compared to an (yea I know I'm asking for trouble on this question) iPhone?

    As for the battery life sounds good to me by what you say. As it seems to me any device use a lot of GPS kills the battery fast no matter what. I had to give up using the standard battery on my Napoleon because of that issue. When out on the golf course using my GPS app the darn thing wouldn't make threw 18 holes which is only around 4.5hrs.

  5. #830
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    243
    Phones
    Moto Droid rooted and OC'd w/Cyanogen Mod
    Q9m (Q9c unbranded Winmo 6.1)
    3rd V9m (USC FW)
    Carriers
    Currently Verizon
    Was AT&T: 1yr contract and hated it after it switched to Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark6
    The only reason I really care for it is that I really don't want to buy a phone now, only to be able to use it for 6 months of the 2 year contract, and I'm kinda reluctant to switch to ATT or Tmo for service.

    And if that's the case, is Motorola cooking up some Tegra or Snapdragon handsets for 2010?
    The Flash? We barely have any info on that phone besides it will have an 8MP camera and no QWERTY keyboard.

  6. #831
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    3,672
    Phones
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    USA made Moto Napoleon A4500 in Brown
    Moto Devour (looking to be sold)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wickcity
    what are the differences between eclair and donut? i did a google search and couldn't find much difference.

    very good to hear the browser is fast.
    One big thing is 2.0 has the mutlitouch feature if I'm not mistaken where the older version do not.

  7. #832
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    368
    Phones
    BB 9000
    iMate 6150 (backup)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Talking

    Very cool! Can you snap a pic of the keyboard? Thanks!
    E90 Backgrounds - E90 Video Settings

    Ericsson GF 788 -> Nokia 9000il -> Ericsson T28 -> Ericsson T39 -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Sony Ericsson P900 -> Motorola V600 -> RIM 7100t -> RIM 7105 -> SE M600 -> BB Pearl -> BB 8800 -> Nokia E90 -> iMate 6150 -> BB 8820 -> Nokia E71 -> BB 9000 -> IPhone 3GS -> Droid

  8. #833
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    187
    Phones
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    DROID X
    OG DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    you guys make me want to throw my tour out the window.

    is the screen glass of plastic?

  9. #834
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    3,672
    Phones
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    USA made Moto Napoleon A4500 in Brown
    Moto Devour (looking to be sold)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gsibble
    Very cool! Can you snap a pic of the keyboard? Thanks!
    Not as of yet they can't. Needs to stay quiet still or there will be people who get in serious trouble. And IMO that is the last thing we need to do is get one or any of the contacts in trouble. We'd just be shooting ourselves in the foot for futures device info if that happens.

  10. #835
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    3,672
    Phones
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    USA made Moto Napoleon A4500 in Brown
    Moto Devour (looking to be sold)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by d1andONLYm
    you guys make me want to throw my tour out the window.

    is the screen glass of plastic?
    Well seeing as the device is metal and not plastic like so many other devices if I had to guess it is tempered glass.

    As for your Tour you more then likely will once this device is released. Heck I have 2 friends that just took there Tours back within the 30day trial period because this thing is coming. And they refused to get a Storm2 seeing as they both hated the original Storm which is why they went to the Tour.

  11. #836
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    446
    Feedback Score
    0
    how did they refuse to get a storm 2 when the storm 2 is not even out yet?

  12. #837
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    6,479
    Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Simply by deciding they aren't interested I would imagine...
    kbman

    Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

    If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

    Read more, post less.

  13. #838
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    446
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is that like people deciding to get the Sholes when they don't even know what it looks like(if it looks different from the original pictures) or what it feels like in the hand or even if it works like its suppose to?

  14. #839
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    187
    Phones
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    DROID X
    OG DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    Well seeing as the device is metal and not plastic like so many other devices if I had to guess it is tempered glass.

    As for your Tour you more then likely will once this device is released. Heck I have 2 friends that just took there Tours back within the 30day trial period because this thing is coming. And they refused to get a Storm2 seeing as they both hated the original Storm which is why they went to the Tour.
    no returning the tour for me, i got it the day it was released.

    CHRISTMAS!!!

  15. #840
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    3,672
    Phones
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    USA made Moto Napoleon A4500 in Brown
    Moto Devour (looking to be sold)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    Simply by deciding they aren't interested I would imagine...
    That would be absolutely correct which is why they grabbed the Tour. And needless to say that didn't last long either.

Page 56 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 106 ... LastLast

Bookmarks