Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 22 72 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2273

Thread: Motorola Droid A855 (aka Tao/Sholes/Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread

Phones
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 (Retired)
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As long as they ditch the crappy outdated 528mhz chip and go with something current I'll be looking. If not I'll keep going.... I personally really like my service with At&t, but they have no Android phones which I kinda prefer to my iPhone especially since developers have started jumping on board.
    ~DWin -

iPhone 5

Someday they'll see the light. Or they won't, either way I don't care. I'll keep shining.

Phones I've owned

Phone
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klstewart80
    I agree I think it has been smoothed out and the silver edge removed. Looks sleeker. If you look at the bottom of the phone on the leaked pic of the silver (frame?) and the top of the pic from today you can see the silver frame is gone and it is more rounded.

I like how the Verizon CEO's finger is where the prototype serial # would be. Its also the same reason that no insider is risking taking pics of the bottom...or the keyboard becuase the serial # is within sight of the D pad. And I'm suspecting the D-pad is grey BTW.

And you Motofans are either really excited about this phone...or are complete postwhores.

Phones
    Motorola DROID
    Voyager - destroyed
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    those phones look about the same shape, i think the silver and angle of the picture is just throwing it off.

also, the reason for one having brushed aluminum is probably because motorola went through many different builds of the phone. just like bill said he got many builds of the phone with the red, brown, etc d-pads.

Phones
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    USA made Moto Napoleon A4500 in Brown
    Moto Devour (looking to be sold)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    Also, the metal frame on the Nap has a similar rubberized coating on it that gives a very nice feel and solid grip. If that is the finish on the Sholes then, once again, I am very happy.
    I'll second that as I really like the build & feel of my Nap also. Just can't wait to see what this thing actually looks like in person.

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by A.C.Sanchez
    Hi All,

Been lurking here for about 30-40 pages, and thought I would add my $0.02. I know somebody who knows somebody who tells me that I will have my new S/T/D soon, and I quote, "hopefully you can wait just a couple more weeks to get one hot off the assembly line...."

This was today, and this person works for either Verizon or Moto, I won't say which since I really don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Sounds like 10/30 to me... I hope so anyways.
    well, they are very very wise people that you know young grass hopper.
    Moto Razr

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by The_Knight

well, that's that I suppose. No reply is needed from bill23 after all. The CEO is already holding the device, and posing for shots.

There are 3 possibilities:

1) Sholes is running Android 1.6; bill23's phone doesn't have 2.0 with Eclair.
    2) Eclair looks exactly like 1.6; with no cosmetic enhancements or OpenGL ES 2.0 effects.
    3) bill23 has a 2.0 device, it just doesn't have Eclair on it; which wouldn't justify the jump from 1.6 to 2.0.

(sigh....)
    why would you doubt the almighty me?
    fact,2.0 droid eclair on the units and mine.
    it goes through s/w changes daily as the launch gets closer each day.
    google verizon,moto fine something new everyday to fix,correct,change.
    and remember they let you see what they want you to see. maybe they wnt to display 1.6 and then when it comes out ,boya its got 2.0 eclair.

Phones
    Voyager
    Casio GZ-One
    Green EnV
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If this is an Android phone and Verizon says it is "Open" doesn't that mean I can install just about any kind of app I want? Even "Format" the phone with a completely different OS?

Feedback Score
    Why would you buy an Android based phone and then want to put a different OS on it? Kind of defeats the purpose, if you ask me.

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can install any app for certain, but whether we will have root access and the ability to load custom ROMs remains to be seen. In all likelihood, it's is just a matter of time and work to figure it out, but the chipset used in this phone has very sophisticated new security features that may present some serious challenges. Then you need some very smart folks to write the firmware itself.

Fortunately, there's a lot a smart people on the internet!
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Feedback Score
    You can put any apparently you want.but not sure about the OS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    You can install any app for certain, but whether we will have root access and the ability to load custom ROMs remains to be seen. In all likelihood, it's is just a matter of time and work to figure it out, but the chipset used in this phone has very sophisticated new security features that may present some serious challenges. Then you need some very smart folks to write the firmware itself.

Fortunately, there's a lot a smart people on the internet!
    I really really hope we can put the Sense UI on this.

It has the power to run it smoothly and it is so darn beautiful.

If not, I'll be happy with the stock UI, but the only reason the HTC androids are so nice is because of Sense.

Feedback Score

tao?

I believe you are right. I want a good moto!

Phone
    Moto Droid
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    well, they are very very wise people that you know young grass hopper.
    Thanks for the narrowing down of the release date Bill! It will be nice to have the phone by the end of the month!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by norbert
    Can't you see it now, "I got just got this cool Motorola Tao!"

Non-geek friend, "Towel? Why would they name a phone towel?"
    If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

Phones
    Moto Droid rooted and OC'd w/Cyanogen Mod
    Q9m (Q9c unbranded Winmo 6.1)
    3rd V9m (USC FW)
    Carriers
    Currently Verizon
    Was AT&T: 1yr contract and hated it after it switched to Cingular
    Feedback Score
    looks as if ANY Android phone can run ANY type of ROM check this out. MotoBLUR on a myTouch3G. Maybe SenseUI, MotoBLUR or PulseUI on Sholes if you wanted?

http://home.leakdroid.com/2009/10/06...ces/#more-1951

Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 22 72 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast