Page 68 of 152 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2273

Thread: Motorola Droid A855 (aka Tao/Sholes/Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG Dare
    E815
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
    I figure if I make fun of them badly enough they'll stop asking questions that have been answered many times or whining about not having pics But then again, I've always favored the tough love approach. If I could spank them, I would.

Look, I have been reading this thread since DAY ONE. DAY ONE! That's since June 11th. On top of that, I've been using an E815 since the very week it was released, which was in August 2005 if memory serves correctly. Few people on this entire WEBSITE have been following this thread as long as I have and have a phone as dated as I do, but there has been NOTHING in VZW's lineup for almost 5 years that has interested me. However, I am not about to whine and beg people to post pics when doing so will get them or their friends in trouble or fired from their job. Not only does that screw up someone's life over a dumb pic of a phone that'll be out in a month, but it'll screw us when it comes time for the next leak - that person won't be there to leak information and graphics to us anymore. So let's be a little respectful, here. Surely, if a guy that has been following this intently for almost 4 months and has had the same phone for over 4 years can have patience, a bunch of guys who just heard of this phone a week or two ago and just joined in this thread can do so.

SO BACK ON TOPIC! Preferably without the whining, complaining and redundant redundant questions.

I used the E815 for three years and was lured into the prospect of the Dare last summer. While its not a bad phone, I've grown really tired of it. VZW's current lineup is terrible, but I keep telling myself that by February I will hopefully have a smartphone that I desire (Sholes or Pre) without being on AT&T's terrible network.

Feedback Score
    Dude you need to get a life and quit treating this like a social networking site.

I figure if I make fun of them badly enough they'll stop asking questions that have been answered many times or whining about not having pics But then again, I've always favored the tough love approach. If I could spank them, I would.

Look, I have been reading this thread since DAY ONE. DAY ONE! That's since June 11th. On top of that, I've been using an E815 since the very week it was released, which was in August 2005 if memory serves correctly. Few people on this entire WEBSITE have been following this thread as long as I have and have a phone as dated as I do, but there has been NOTHING in VZW's lineup for almost 5 years that has interested me. However, I am not about to whine and beg people to post pics when doing so will get them or their friends in trouble or fired from their job. Not only does that screw up someone's life over a dumb pic of a phone that'll be out in a month, but it'll screw us when it comes time for the next leak - that person won't be there to leak information and graphics to us anymore. So let's be a little respectful, here. Surely, if a guy that has been following this intently for almost 4 months and has had the same phone for over 4 years can have patience, a bunch of guys who just heard of this phone a week or two ago and just joined in this thread can do so.

SO BACK ON TOPIC! Preferably without the whining, complaining and redundant redundant questions.

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm...this is getting much better...a surfeit of ancient e815 users joining the fray...don't get me started!
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Phone
    LG Dare (VX9700)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWalker2

I used the E815 for three years and was lured into the prospect of the Dare last summer. While its not a bad phone, I've grown really tired of it. VZW's current lineup is terrible, but I keep telling myself that by February I will hopefully have a smartphone that I desire (Sholes or Pre) without being on AT&T's terrible network.
    I am the exact situation as you (minus the E815). I picked up a Dare in the summer of 07' (content with the nice 3.2mp and touchscreen...sort of) and now with all these new phones I'm sick of its crippled abilities, especially not having some sort app store as opposed to phones on other networks. I'm really looking forward to the Sholes, hoping it will be somewhat of breakthrough for Verizon. Maybe then they'll realize the nice profit they would make from being a little more "open minded" with phones.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Motorola Droid A855
    Palm Pixi Plus (backup/fun)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I thought I was interested in it...until I went to the store and touched the touchscreen. What a piece of junk. Resistive touchscreens are bad enough. Do they have to be as soft as a rotten apple and as responsive as molasses? Not to mention the awful VZW UI (I was really hoping TouchWiz would run a little deeper than the homescreen), the terrible haptic feedback, the AWFUL red non-multitasking music player, the incredibly slow browser...30 seconds with that phone was all I needed to decide that I never wanted to touch or even see it again. It was that unpleasant to me.

I've never even moderately enjoyed a Samsung phone, so I should have seen it coming. The only phones I've seen that are worse are Lucky Goldstar products. I've always been a Moto guy, and this could seriously be the winner - Moto reception and sound quality, METAL build, potentially complete absence of all things VZW and still on the VZW network...I'll still piss and moan about the data plan, but now that I have a decent job I can afford it.
    Well that sucks that it did not work out.

You know I always wondered why you were interested in it. I mean reading through the Rouge topics I was like "Why would an E815 devotee upgrade to a Samsung?" Just seemed a little out of place.

Well hopefully the Tao will meet with your satisfactions. I just wish I could be as enthusiastic about this phone as the majority of the topic.

Phone
    DROID 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Some awesome info in this thread, but so far my favorite detail mentioned would be the metal like a V3C body! I've used my old Razr like a weapon on more than one occasion and it's been a tank. Thanks for the pictures guys!!

Hopefully this Moto's going to be enough to keep me from moving to ATT. I've had a new 3G touch for about 2 weeks and I can't praise the thing enough. Come on, Moto, pull through!

Phone
    Droid Original
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    any word on those "midnight pictures"?

Phones
    Motorola Droid A855
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanec
    any word on those "midnight pictures"?
    Midnight is subjective to where the person lives.

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Philadelphia From Poe's crypt...

"Quoth the raven...nevermore!"

Phones
    LG enV (VX9900)
    Samsung SCH A870 (retired)
    Samsung SCH-A630 (stolen)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i love this phone so much, its UI looks wonderful.

Phones
    DROID beast 7.6 @ 1.2 GHz
    LG Dare
    HTC 2125/3125/8125 w/ cingular
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    geekin...

i love new stuff. and im so happy that this'll probably be comin out right around the time i can ne2...ive never looked forward to a phone on verizon since i picked the dare for its cam and touch screen 1.5 years ago right when i came from att...im def lookin forward to one now.

Phones
    Motorola Droid A855
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What are the buttons at the bottom?

Clear/back
    Home
    Search (phone or internet)
    Menu?

I don't know... I would have rather have button for:

Home
    Dialer
    Call start
    Call End

Thanks for the photo though.

Phone
    Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    And the rumors begin...
    Courtesy of AndroidandMe

Phone
    DROID 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    December 1st!! Noo!

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola W376g
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

I want one

Wow

Page 68 of 152 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 118 ... LastLast