Thread: Cannot open jpg or png attachment in Mobile email and incorrect email time onTouch

Feedback Score

Cannot open jpg or png attachment in Mobile email and incorrect email time onTouch

Has anyone been successful in opening a jpg or a png (320x240) attachment in Mobile email with the Env Touch?

I have a security DVR (Geovision) that sends a small jpg or png file everytime someone comes to my front door. I have no problems viewing the file on any computer except on the Env Touch. I've tried several email accounts (verizon.net, msn.com) to view to no avail.

Is this one of the phones that cannot view picture attachments? On the "Your Guide" booklet in the Mobile Email page it states "Get alerts when new messages arrive and view picture attachments (attachments on select phones only)".

My email time is also incorrect on my all my Mobile Emails (4 hours ahead on my MSN account and 5 hours ahead on my Verizon account). Time is correct If I access the Msn email or Verizon email straight from their accounts without using the Mobile email application. I've tested all my email accounts by sending an email to myself and the location is all correct.

Anyone have any ideas?

Phones
    LG 11000
    LG 9900
    LG 6000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Time stamp is wrong on pictures as well... off by 4 hours.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1573
    Has anyone been successful in opening a jpg or a png (320x240) attachment in Mobile email with the Env Touch?

I have a security DVR (Geovision) that sends a small jpg or png file everytime someone comes to my front door. I have no problems viewing the file on any computer except on the Env Touch. I've tried several email accounts (verizon.net, msn.com) to view to no avail.

Is this one of the phones that cannot view picture attachments? On the "Your Guide" booklet in the Mobile Email page it states "Get alerts when new messages arrive and view picture attachments (attachments on select phones only)".

My email time is also incorrect on my all my Mobile Emails (4 hours ahead on my MSN account and 5 hours ahead on my Verizon account). Time is correct If I access the Msn email or Verizon email straight from their accounts without using the Mobile email application. I've tested all my email accounts by sending an email to myself and the location is all correct.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Mobile Email is strictly text based and doesn't support viewing attachments on any feature phone. The best you can do is forward an email with an attachment from within Mobile Email to a Gmail or Yahoo account and then login to that account via your web browser and view the attachment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman54
    Mobile Email is strictly text based and doesn't support viewing attachments on any feature phone. The best you can do is forward an email with an attachment from within Mobile Email to a Gmail or Yahoo account and then login to that account via your web browser and view the attachment.
    Thanks! Worked with gmail account through the web browser. I wonder why hotmail through the browser didn't work?

Now to figure out why Mobile Email time stamp is ahead 4 hours.

Feedback Score

Gmail through browser didn't work for me.

What is the gmail website address that you used to access email with .jpg attachments? For me, the mobile version only permits opening of text attachments (e.g., when I open a .pdf, it only shows text portions, not graphics portions).