Thread: Bill issue re: data airtime

Phones
    Moto Z6C (his)
    LG VX5500 (hers)
    Blackberry Bold (hers work)
    Feedback Score

Bill issue re: data airtime

I have a serious issue regarding some overages on data airtime I need to get resolved, but I'm getting nowhere with a) the people at the VZW store and b) the "helpful" lady on the other end of the 1-800 number. What's the best way to get a hold of some Tier 2 folks? Is there a better way than dialing *611 and asking for a supervisor?

Feedback Score
    Would the issues by any chance be along the lines of those discussed at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1518228?

Phones
    Moto Z6C (his)
    LG VX5500 (hers)
    Feedback Score
    It looks similar, but I don't think it's the same. Here's what happened, in case any of you can help?
    I was given a free Palm Treo in April (start of previous billing cycle). I activated it and bought the required monthly airtime package. That was on 4/20 (Monday). Later that week, I realized I couldn't use it with my work email like I hoped, so I reverted back to my old phone. I canceled the airtime package at the same time. That was on the night of 4/23 (Thursday). So I look at my current statement it shows that I'm 301 minutes over my plan. I narrowed it down to over 8 hours of continual "data airtime" on 4/24, starting at about 9:30AM, running through just after 6:30PM. It's broken up into random size chunks of 70, 80,110, etc. minutes. I have no flippin' clue what happened, but whatever it was counted against my airtime. Any ideas how I can approach this with Verizon? I tried a couple times, but since I use Get It Now at random times throughout the billing cycle (a few minutes here and there for ringtones, etc.), they think these charges are valid (Sir, since you do use the internet at other times throughout the month....) Grr.

Here's an example from the Bill. I know the formatting is jacked, but the time/date is at the front, and the minutes used is at the end.

24-Apr 9:34AM Peak PlanAllow,Data Data CL 23
    24-Apr 9:56AM Peak PlanAllow,Data Data CL 110
    24-Apr 11:45AM Peak PlanAllow,Data Data CL 1
    24-Apr 11:46AM Peak PlanAllow,Data Data CL 50
    24-Apr 12:36PM Peak PlanAllow,Data Data CL 1
    24-Apr 12:37PM Peak PlanAllow,Data Data CL 34
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 06-16-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Examples

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    It looks similar, but I don't think it's the same. Here's what happened, in case any of you can help?
    I was given a free Palm Treo in April (start of previous billing cycle). I activated it and bought the required monthly airtime package. That was on 4/20 (Monday). Later that week, I realized I couldn't use it with my work email like I hoped, so I reverted back to my old phone. I canceled the airtime package at the same time. That was on the night of 4/23 (Thursday). So I look at my current statement it shows that I'm 301 minutes over my plan. I narrowed it down to over 8 hours of continual "data airtime" on 4/24, starting at about 9:30AM, running through just after 6:30PM. It's broken up into random size chunks of 70, 80,110, etc. minutes. I have no flippin' clue what happened, but whatever it was counted against my airtime. Any ideas how I can approach this with Verizon? I tried a couple times, but since I use Get It Now at random times throughout the billing cycle (a few minutes here and there for ringtones, etc.), they think these charges are valid (Sir, since you do use the internet at other times throughout the month....) Grr.
    Yeah, that sounds somewhat different. Seems like the PDA data usage was charged at a time when you didn't have your PDA data feature on the account. Could be something with how all of the prorating happened, could be something that was in error perhaps, but you are right, you'd definitely need to speak to someone knowledgeable at VZW (which is something that's not exactly easy to stumble on) to get this actually resolved.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try using this link on the VZW web page:

http://aboutus.vzw.com/php/email.php?id=20

Briefly describe your problem with an explanation of how you would like to see it resolved. Maintain professionalism. You can just give your email address. I provided my cell phone number as well. I was very pleased with the outcome. This was after I tried the store, several csr's, and the warranty department. The girl who responded to my email was sincerely concerned about my problem and was able to get it resolved to my satisfaction.

Its worth a shot at least.

Phones
    Moto Z6C (his)
    LG VX5500 (hers)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback guys but I got it figured out after a 45 minute call to Customer Service yesterday, complete with a Supervisor escalation

Here's the gist
    -I canceled the airtime package, along w. the phone, at 11:30PM on 4/24 (not 4/23, I got my dates wrong). Because I dropped the airtime package before the nightly billing process ran, all data airtime accumulated since the previous night's billing process was charged against my airtime. And since my !#%!# PDA stayed connected to the internet pretty much all day, all those minutes hit my airtime instead of being free. They fixed it be rerating that bill cycle as if I'd paid the entire month of the airtime package. So I got all but $25 credited back to my account, which I'm ok with. So keep this in mind next time you decide to cancel your airtime package. At the time I was on America's choice so it counted against my minutes.