Thread: can any unlock cell phone work with metro pcs company?

Feedback Score

can any unlock cell phone work with metro pcs company?

hi

everyone, it is possible for any unlock cell phone to wook with the metropcs carrier?

thnks

Feedback Score
    I'm curious as well.. I'm in the process of purchasing a Helio Ocean, and in the event that the flashing to metropcs doesn't work, would unlocking it myself suffice?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    MetroPCS is a CDMA carrier. Unlocked refers to GSM phones, which are not compatible on the MetroPCS network. I have heard of some Sprint and Verizon phones being flashed over to work on MetroPCS, along with Alltel and possibly US Cellular.

Sony Ericsson doesn't make CDMA phones to the best of my knowledge, only GSM. Hopefully you can see where this is going....

Your best bet is to contact MetroPCS, and see if they are able to flash the device you want to work on their network. So you will want to find a CDMA phone, not a GSM phone (takes SIM cards).
    Current Device: White Out Moto X 32GB
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Feedback Score

Gsm and metro pcs

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    MetroPCS is a CDMA carrier. Unlocked refers to GSM phones, which are not compatible on the MetroPCS network. I have heard of some Sprint and Verizon phones being flashed over to work on MetroPCS, along with Alltel and possibly US Cellular.

Sony Ericsson doesn't make CDMA phones to the best of my knowledge, only GSM. Hopefully you can see where this is going....

Your best bet is to contact MetroPCS, and see if they are able to flash the device you want to work on their network. So you will want to find a CDMA phone, not a GSM phone (takes SIM cards).
    My LG Esteem from Metro PCS is a GSM phone. I don 't see any reason an unlocked phone would not work.

Feedback Score
    I was pleasantly surprised when I got my LG Esteem (a fine phone) to find out it was a GSM phone. I was also under the impression that they were a CDMA carrier.

Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Hi guys, I am actually a Metro pcs dealer in Los Angeles market and no not all unlocked phones will work with metropcs. Metropcs is a CDMA carrier and you can only "flash" another CDMA phone (from Sprint or Verizon for example) to Metro pcs. LG Esteem is also NOT a GSM phone it is a 4G LTE phone, that is why it has a sim card in the phone but that doesnt mean the phone is GSM. If you need more info on how to flash PM Me. we are also located online at dnzwireless.com for phones and accessories.

Feedback Score

ESTEMM sim card

Hello Gentlemen,question can I get a replacement sim card fro Metro LG ESTEEM, thank you in advance