Thread: MTKBTDEVICE bluetooth

Feedback Score

Question MTKBTDEVICE bluetooth

ok, i'm new to this forum. i searched the bluetooth forum for this and got a no results answer.

the question is:

what does MTKBTDEVICE mean for bluetooth and how does one find a bluetooth device that is/does/whatever this?

i bought a cool phone from china but can't use my bluetooth with it and the source i bought it from is zero help.

current bluetooth is

motorola hs820

of course it works with my current nokia phone just not with the cool new phone i want to use it with.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    for using while mountain biking??? dunno
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Feedback Score
    pretty sure that's not it.

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What device *is* the MKTBTDEVICE?

MKT could be the brand name...BT (bluetooth) DEVICE makes sense. Is your new Chinese phone identifying itself as MKT?

What brand is it?

-- Chuck Knight

Feedback Score
    yeah, the bt part and the device part do make sense. mtk?? no idea. bought it from an online distributor called chinavasion. they market lots of electronics. come to think of it, mtk could just mean market. i sure hope not. i had hoped that mtkbtdevice might be some kind of bluetooth specific category that i was just unaware of. when i asked the distributor for help, they just referred me back to the importance of using an mtkbtdevice w/o any further explanation of what it meant, where i might find one or who made them or anything. i haven't been able to determine who makes the phone but i do know it uses nokia batteries which is probably a pretty big clue. also, they won't divulge any info about the operating system except that it is proprietary. i have to say that at the moment i am feeling kinda ripped off. the phone works, looks cool and all that -- but w/o bluetooth and w/o figuring out how to use its internet connection either, which they were also no help on, i'm really not very happy with the distributor. and another odd thing is that my motorola bluetooth headset works with my current nokia phone, so maybe the chinese phone using nokia batteries doesn't mean that much.

online references to mtkbtdevice using google search engine don't seem to be much help either so far except for listing it as the bluetooth type in devices for sale. apparently there is something called mtkbtdevice pc suite. anybody know anything about that? still looking. any ideas folks?
    Last edited by stevedude; 07-03-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Mega LTE & Sennheiser Presence
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Their acronym is most likely proprietary to the manufacturer/distributor and probably has no direct relation to an industry standard.

Feedback Score
    A lengthy Google search turned up info that MTK apparently is an acronymn for MediaTek Inc., a company that sells chips for mobile handsets (phones) among other things. The chips come with integrated software. Guess that's what the distributor meant by a proprietary operating system. Still not certain I can get an mtk bluetooth headset. Going to go to my phone company carrier service to get info re internet connection since the Chinese phone won't automatically connect to my carrier's internet connection. If I can get both of those things set up, I may see if I can find out from MTK what the phone's operating system is or at least what it is written in and how to access it.

Feedback Score

moe on the mtkbtdevice saga

Contacted MTK -- MediaTek and asked for their help. No response. Recontacted Chinavasion -- the company I purchased the phone from. No response. Next step is to go to an office/store for my cell carrier and try to get them to help me. What's up with companies today? Does no one think custimer service is important anymore?

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What is it that's wrong with pairing your headset...exactly?

Doesn't your phone have a "pair a new device" menu, and then you put your headset into pairing mode, and tell it to complete the pairing? That's how all of mine work, even the most primitive Motorolas.

-- Chuck Knight

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

getting responses to your query is not as common as it once was. when i had problems with my cardo 700 it was well over a month before they got back with me and that was before the recession and millions of Americans lost their jobs,many of them in the customer service industry. id do like you wrote and get with your carrier for help

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckknight
    What is it that's wrong with pairing your headset...exactly?

Doesn't your phone have a "pair a new device" menu, and then you put your headset into pairing mode, and tell it to complete the pairing? That's how all of mine work, even the most primitive Motorolas.

-- Chuck Knight
    Actually, it doesn't have such a setting/menu. Instead it has a bluetooth menu with the following options.
    1. Power - turns power to bluetooth off or on in the phone.
    2. Inquiry audio device - searches for devices (bluetooth headset?)
    3. My device - leads to inquiry new device - another device search
    4. Active device - <Empty>
    5. Settings - nothing here finds the bluetooth device
    6. About - info

When I use either of the device searches, it never finds my bluetooth headset device. Entering the headset device name into the phone didn't work either. Changing the power setting has no impact on finding the headset either except that it prompts me to turn it on before I can search for the headset.

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think your interpretation of the functions is spot on...and because of this, I would also suggest that the BT functionality on your phone is probably broken.

Were I in your position, I would return the phone for another. If it is incapable of connecting to a standard headset, this does not meet your requirements...if it is due to a flaw, it is the manufacturer/retailer's responsibility to make it right, within a reasonable period of time.

-- Chuck Knight