Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your 4G WiMAX speeds

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since 1999
    Feedback Score
    Okay great. I have a cradlepoint PHS300 that I use with my U727 but it doesnt support the U300. And thanks for the heads up on the info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati
    My fastest so far was in NW Portland, Oregon. The average around the metro area over the last 6 months has been 6-10Mbps

the only downfall i see (imo) is that ur paying extra $$ for it monthly and you have to have a usb dongle...

Until those speeds are available directly from a cell phone (tethered) ill pass.

Im not trying to seem like a cheap $$ a**, but i refuse to pay extra $$ for an air card when cell phone tethering is free...
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by celluser7

the only downfall i see (imo) is that ur paying extra $$ for it monthly and you have to have a usb dongle...

Until those speeds are available directly from a cell phone (tethered) ill pass.

Im not trying to seem like a cheap $$ a**, but i refuse to pay extra $$ for an air card when cell phone tethering is free...
    I get it, I was paying $4.99 for 3G tethering on T-Mobile. Later this year a Sprint 4G Android (Samaung?) will be available. There will be a way to tether it when push comes to shove right?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat
    Okay great. I have a cradlepoint PHS300 that I use with my U727 but it doesnt support the U300. And thanks for the heads up on the info.
    http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=23

Firmware update for 4G support.

"This firmware release is NOT compatible with the CTR350 or PHS300 models!"

Feedback Score
    I get it, I was paying $4.99 for 3G tethering on T-Mobile. There will be a way to tether it when push comes to shove right?
    im glad you get it cause there are some tight wads in here that will sit there and say how illegal and how wrong it is to tether without paying extra for it.. But thats a topic that we dont need to get into.
    But yea, if its a popular enough phone, someone will find the software to make it tether'able

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    im glad you get it cause there are some tight wads in here that will sit there and say how illegal and how wrong it is to tether without paying extra for it.. But thats a topic that we dont need to get into.
    But yea, if its a popular enough phone, someone will find the software to make it tether'able

I'm thinking since it will in fact be Android platform, can't imagine tethering "locked out" on it. Things will change when that/those 4G devices are released having that kind of speed available (voip?).

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking since it will in fact be Android platform, can't imagine tethering "locked out" on it.
    the way I personally see it, they WILL lock out tethering especially with those available speeds... that right there can easily over load the towers, think about it, up to ~12m down speeds... from a cell phone... and having the ability to tether that speed, that right there should tell them to lock out tethering abilities, but thats the way i see it. Granted people tether right now without paying extra for it, but at the same times, ive never seen speeds over 2M from my mogul, and yes 2M is fast for a cell phone, but having access to ~12M.... im sure sprint will start to crack down on those tethering people OR start to cap off the cell phone data plans as they do on the air cards or tethering plans..

Things will change when that/those 4G devices are released having that kind of speed available (voip?).
    i already have voip on my tilt & mogul and it works great. I use this to save minutes on my rate plan. I mean $2.95 a month for unlimited calls within the US cant be beat. Now on my mogul i dont use it at all cause i already have the unlim everything plan so im not worried about min's....

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since 1999
    Feedback Score
    http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=23

Firmware update for 4G support.

"This firmware release is NOT compatible with the CTR350 or PHS300 models!"

That sucks!!! They want you to buy the "new" Products!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    the way I personally see it, they WILL lock out tethering especially with those available speeds... that right there can easily over load the towers, think about it, up to ~12m down speeds... from a cell phone... and having the ability to tether that speed, that right there should tell them to lock out tethering abilities, but thats the way i see it. Granted people tether right now without paying extra for it, but at the same times, ive never seen speeds over 2M from my mogul, and yes 2M is fast for a cell phone, but having access to ~12M.... im sure sprint will start to crack down on those tethering people OR start to cap off the cell phone data plans as they do on the air cards or tethering plans..

i already have voip on my tilt & mogul and it works great. I use this to save minutes on my rate plan. I mean $2.95 a month for unlimited calls within the US cant be beat. Now on my mogul i dont use it at all cause i already have the unlim everything plan so im not worried about min's....
    But keep in mind there is an average of 120Mhz of spectrum per market. That is nearly double for instance what Verizon has available for LTE. They say theorehtically you need at least 40-60Mhz per market for a "good" end user experience.

You know I was thinking of trying out voip with the WiMAX on my notebook. That is, just purchase a cheap USB voip phone and try that same $2.95 deal Skype if I remember right?

Have you tried it out over Rev A. ?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat
    That sucks!!! They want you to buy the "new" Products!
    *nods*

L.A.M.E.

Feedback Score
    You know I was thinking of trying out voip with the WiMAX on my notebook. That is, just purchase a cheap USB voip phone and try that same $2.95 deal Skype if I remember right?
    im pretty sure its the same but dont quote me cause ive never used voip thru a computer program.... mine is strictly thru the cell

Have you tried it out over Rev A. ?
    ah no, my mogul is always on ev-do, ive never seen it on anything else, but then again, i have only used that voip once on the mogul just to test it out and it worked...

But on the tilt thru att, i have tried voip over EDGE and it still worked fine, but never even attempted it over gprs, dont see the point in trying it over dial up speeds.... hehe

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Downtown Portland, OR. @ 11:17am

Broadway & Salmon

Feedback Score
    Well for you guys that are already getting these 4G speeds.... How consistent are these speeds..??

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Downtown Portland, OR. @ 1:17pm
    SW 6th & HWY 405

Downtown Portland, OR. @ 1:40pm
    SW 2nd & Alder

I-5 @ Jantzen Beach 2:38pm

Vancouver, WA @ 2:54pm
    Columbia Way

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Well for you guys that are already getting these 4G speeds.... How consistent are these speeds..??
    80-90% of the time I see 5Mbps+ with the Sprint card, so far. The Clear data card I seem to get 6Mbps+ 80-90% of the time but far less upload speeds since it's capped around 500Kbps. I could be wrong but it seems the Clear data card pulls a better signal over all.

Clear's connection utility has a signal strength bar 1-10 (square dots left to right). While Sprint's is a traditional "bars" meter.

My only complaint really with the U300 is it's hell bent on keeping you connected So sometimes if 4G drops and it cannot reconnect right away it skips to 3G. But again, I'm driving 100-200 miles local so most of the time this wouldn't be an issue.

I really like the WiFi utility with the U300, still trying to set it up correctly.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast