Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Samsung Omnia II (SCH-i920) Pre-release Thread

Feedback Score
    So i recieved a official samsung email with the subject line "The Omnia II is Coming Soon, We'll Keep You Posted " Then it was basically the picture from the website where its shadowed. Dont know what this means but hopefully perhaps its going to be released soon? Or this could be a swerve tecnique to help the omnia 2 fans keep from giving in and purchasing the tp2? I dont know. . . I am just waiting impatiently like the rest of you guys.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Samsung Omnia II
    BB 9550 Storm 2
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Nextel 4 ever
    Feedback Score
    If i remember correctly last year when there was all the hubub about the BB Storm when it was released the Omnia was also released but no one really knew. Could the same situation occur hear since the "rumor" is the Storm 2 will be released B2B on the 29th and to everyone else on the 14th?This would go along with the other "rumor" that the O2 will be released between now and the 6th of Oct. HHHMMMMM............
    Every dog has its day, and every day has its dog

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How did you get "perhaps its going to be released soon" from that subject line "The Omnia II is coming soon"? That sir, is CRAZY speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by kjplaysguitar
    So i recieved a official samsung email with the subject line "The Omnia II is Coming Soon, We'll Keep You Posted " Then it was basically the picture from the website where its shadowed. Dont know what this means but hopefully perhaps its going to be released soon? Or this could be a swerve tecnique to help the omnia 2 fans keep from giving in and purchasing the tp2? I dont know. . . I am just waiting impatiently like the rest of you guys.
    Do or Do Not, There is No Try

Feedback Score
    This I do know, my wife's AMOLED screen and double led flash on her samsung rouge is keeping me from drinking the TP2 Koolaid not to mention the buisness card reader and voice to txt is also is a perk. But I do wish I could see a decent still or jpeg of the omnia 2's virtual qwerty keyboard. Anybody have any links to this?

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Samsung Omnia II
    BB 9550 Storm 2
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Nextel 4 ever
    Feedback Score
    it will take some time but i saw a video on youtube and a guy was using the i8000 on At&T network.I will search again for it but the virtual was nice.

Feedback Score

perhaps it will be after oct 6, link with omnia 2 specs showing 6.5?

These specs where taken from the Omnia 2 review at gsmarena.com
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i800...review-388.php

"Key features:
    •3.7-inch 65K-color resistive AMOLED touchscreen, 480 x 800 pixels
    Windows Mobile 6.5 with TouchWiz UI 2.0 and Media Gate 3D
    •Samsung S3C6410 800MHz processor; HW Graphic Accelerator
    •256MB RAM
    •5 megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash, geotagging, face detection, smile shot, image stabilizer, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
    •Records video in D1@30fps, QVGA slow-mo video recording
    •Tri-band 3G with HSDPA (7.2Mbps) and HSUPA (5.76 Mbps) support
    •Quad-band GSM support
    •Smart dialing
    •Wi-Fi with DLNA technology
    •Built-in GPS with A-GPS functionality
    •2/8/16GB internal memory
    •microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
    •FM radio with RDS
    •Bluetooth and USB v2.0
    •3.5mm standard audio jack
    •TV-out functionality
    •DNSe audio technology and SRS sound effect
    •DivX/XviD video playback
    •Proximity sensor for screen auto turn-off and ambient light sensor
    •Accelerometer sensor for automatic UI rotation, turn-to-mute and motion-based gaming
    •Office document editor
    •Full Flash support in the web browser
    Main disadvantages:
    •No xenon flash
    •No camera lens cover
    •65K color limitation of display results in banding in color gradients
    •microSD slot is under the back cover
    •Browser has issues with Flash support "

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Samsung Omnia II
    BB 9550 Storm 2
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Nextel 4 ever
    Feedback Score
    VZW loading something up on Testman, it is down....oompa loompa's are busy working maybe an O2??

Phones
    Touch Pro 2
    DROID (Going back)
    Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecrush6
    VZW loading something up on Testman, it is down....oompa loompa's are busy working maybe an O2??
    Any news on this?

D.

Feedback Score

Stalemate

Well heres my reply from samsung mobile.

"Dear Kevin,
    Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your interest in the Omnia II.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to provide information on any future release, as it may be inaccurate at the time of release.
    We appreciate your patience and understanding. We are taking the time to ensure that this product is thoroughly tested and up to the standards we set forth for Samsung products.
    For product availability and pricing please contact your local service provider.

• Online at http://www.verizonwireless.com
    • By Phone at 1-888-466-4646
    To be contacted concerning product announcements, exclusive offers, and usage tips, please visit www.samsungmobileusa.com and select Stay Connected to be added to our mailing list.
    Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System.
    It's like having your very own personal Samsung Technician at your fingertips.
    We do thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.
    Sincerely,
    Technical Support
    Leah
    "

Feedback Score

Ok so iam thinking more and more October 6th

this was taken from engadget mobile this morning.

"AT&T, Sprint, Verizon all signed up for WinMo 6.5 launches on October 6
    by Chris Ziegler posted Sep 16th 2009 at 2:57AM

Microsoft is saying that three of the US' big four carriers -- AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon, to be specific -- will be hitting the ground running with Windows Mobile 6.5 as part of its synchronized global launch on October 6. We've got to give Microsoft some credit on this one: launching a single device around the world on the same day is a feat in itself, but coordinating with countless manufacturers and carriers to get them to launch a bunch of different devices on the same day takes things to an entirely different level. Unfortunately, that's about all we know; hardware hasn't been unveiled, though we can safely guess that HTC will figure into the equation one way or another -- and we wouldn't be surprised to see something like LG's 20-key GW600 finally bow. What's everyone hoping to see out of these guys on day one?

Phone
    I95c
    Feedback Score
    So I was at a verizon store in NY to get my BB Tour checked out (problems w/ the trackball) and to see the TP2 first hand (which they don't carry on display) and I asked the technical support manager if she has heard/seen anything about the O2. She tells me that the Samsung rep was in the store showing the staff how to use the O2 and she said whenever they do that the phone usually is released shortly after that. I'm thinking the phone will be released the same week as the new windows mobile. I've been waiting for this phone for awhile now so lets hope to see it very soon!

Feedback Score
    I heard end of the month. I was in a Verizon store last friday with my parents trying to look at the new touch pro 2, which they did not have, but my mom ended up blurting out about the Omnia 2 and the lady said with pretty good confidence at end of the month.

Phone
    Samsung Omnia II
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm also hoping to get this phone. Verizon keeps sending me news that I'm ready for an upgrade but I'm waiting for this phone to come out. I'd also like a comparison with the TP2. So far, I'm leaning towards this phone.

Phone
    I95c
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I've been going back and forth with this phone and the TP2. I love the physical keyboard of the TP2 and I hear great reviews about the speaker and microphone on the other hand the O2 looks very sexy, has a better camera w/ led flash (no flash on TP2) and I hear great reviews on the AMOLED screen. I also like how you can switch from the touch flo to window mobile interface. We'll see when it comes out. Also I've just read on another site about the HTC Imagio being released on 10/6? It was also known as the HTC Whitestone. I'm really interested in seeing that phone as well. This decision would be soooo much easier if the Iphone was available for Verizon!!!!

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Samsung Omnia II
    BB 9550 Storm 2
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Nextel 4 ever
    Feedback Score
    Just found this out ,the folks to the North in Canada get the Omnia 2 before us trolls do??
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2009/09/17/sa...in-30-45-days/

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast