Thread: Calling in for the retention plan - Need advice!

Feedback Score

Calling in for the retention plan - Need advice!

Hi all,

This is probably asked before but I couldn't find a similar question...

I have been with Fido since late Jan (new plan) and I was wondering If I could call in for the $25 retention plan...

My current plan includes 100 mins, unlim e & w, unlim text. No caller Id, No SAF for $25...

Please let me know if it's possible.
    Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Customers on plans existing from Nov 4, 2008 and after are not eligible for retention plans.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I'm on the new plans without SAF.

If I'm willing to upgrade to an iPhone + data plan, would Fido be willing to give me a better plan (something like the retention plans)?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Feedback Score
    No, you're on a post November 4 plan. They will offer you the phone at full retail price minus any accumulated FIDO Dollars, and tell you to add the data.

Here's the thing about the iPhone: Apple and Rogers know that customers want it and most will do just about anything to get it, including be stupid enough to pay retail price. Yes, I find it downright STUPID to purchase the iPhone at full retail price.

With that said, you can search our BST forum for a much better deal. Don't forget to meet up locally when doing your deal and never use PayPal. After that? Call Fido and add the $30/6GB plan before it runs out on July 31st.
    "If I said it, I said it for myself, not for any carrier or company for which I may work. Therefore, don't use it against me."

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC
    Customers on plans existing from Nov 4, 2008 and after are not eligible for retention plans.
    I'm a few months into a 3 year contract with the same $25 plan as the op (after Nov 4) plus $10 value pack and a data plan with an iPhone.

Does your post mean that in 3 years when my contract is over I wont be offered a retention plan? They will only offer a new phone at full price minus my Fido Dollars?

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wutt
    I'm a few months into a 3 year contract with the same $25 plan as the op (after Nov 4) plus $10 value pack and a data plan with an iPhone.

Does your post mean that in 3 years when my contract is over I wont be offered a retention plan? They will only offer a new phone at full price minus my Fido Dollars?
    That is correct. New plans offered after Nov 08 are not eligible for retention offers or handset upgrades. FidoDollars only.

Secondly, this is not the forum nor the retention thread for this discussion.

FIDO $40/4GB BYOD
    PUBLIC $38/4GB BYOD
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB full speed)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible
    That is correct. New plans offered after Nov 08 are not eligible for retention offers or handset upgrades. FidoDollars only.

Secondly, this is not the forum nor the retention thread for this discussion.
    This is not true. I was on the 25 dollar garden plan after Nov 08 and have just got a great retention plan. I was not even on a contract. I called in said i was going to cancel and they gave me this plan

200 daytime
    U/L evenings and weekends at 5
    10 retentions value pack
    2500 sms
    CID
    VM
    -10 retention credit

17.50 + tax

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    something changed on march 18 now you can get a retention plan if you have been on a garden plan for 90 days
    Current Plan:
    -$25 200 Daytime Minutes/ Unlimited Evenings/Weekends
    -$0 Fido2Fido Local
    -$7 Caller ID/Name Display
    -$4 Caller ID Credit
    -$7 Voicemail
    -$7 Voicemail Credit
    -$30 6gb Data Option
    - SAF/911 Waived
    -$0 2500 Text Messages
    -0 Minute Tracker
    TOTAL WITH TAX: $64.96

CURRENT PHONE(S): Galaxy Nexus I9250M

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msavic6
    something changed on march 18 now you can get a retention plan if you have been on a garden plan for 90 days

oh ok that would make sense