Thread: Found Sidekick Slide

Feedback Score

Found Sidekick Slide

I found a sidekick slide and im trying to get to the contact list so i could get the phone back to the person who lost it. only problem is that when i turn it on it just goes to a screen with "Waiting for Activation." i realize i can go it to a t-mobile store and take that route, its just i dont want to go out of my way to get this thing back. is there anyway i could bypass this and get to the contact list or recent calls or texts?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    is there even a sim card inside it?

very likely, the phone was already listed as stolen, and replaced. Therefore the sim is inactive.

If you had another gsm phone, then you could get to the contacts.

If you really want to return it, just take it to the police.
    Disclaimer: If this is an answer to a TECHNICAL QUESTION, then MY ANSWER is correct, even if its contradicting something that a tech support rep, or anyone else said. I am not giving you the answer YOU WANT, I'll give you the answer I know is CORRECT.
    If this is about CARRIER POLICY, then you should probably be aware that carriers change their policy unexpectedly, and inexplicably. Even if the answer is correct when posted, it could very well be wrong in a day, or week.

Feedback Score
    there is a sim card inside it. i found the menu+L technique to get past that and there was nothing on the phone, no contacts, no msgs, nothing. i called my own cell phone with it and the call went thru so i dont kno what the deal is with it.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick LX 09 (Carbon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA/Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Your best bet would be to call T-Mobile at 1-800-T-MOBILE, get a representative on the phone, and give them the IMEI located underneath the battery in the Slide. They'll be able to identify who the phone belongs to and tell you what to do with it.
    rHG3|

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    You can go to a T-Mobile store, tell them you found a Sidekick Slide and you'd like to get it back to the owner. Then give them the sim card but tell them that you want to keep the phone and give it to them in person. (That way the sales wont take it and keep it, cuz it has happened)
    Follow me on:

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm what a great idea!

I have done just that a few times, just drop off the sim.. your contact info and the owner will contact you.

G

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcjduong
    You can go to a T-Mobile store, tell them you found a Sidekick Slide and you'd like to get it back to the owner. Then give them the sim card but tell them that you want to keep the phone and give it to them in person. (That way the sales wont take it and keep it, cuz it has happened)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockjock
    Hmmm what a great idea!

I have done just that a few times, just drop off the sim.. your contact info and the owner will contact you.

G
    haha, i've seen quite a few of your posts so i know

Feedback Score
    I think your advice is very useful and...thank you !