Thread: LG Dare Shortcut to Lock Phone

Phone
    Dare
    Carrier
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score

LG Dare Shortcut to Lock Phone

is there way to lock the phone other than settings & tools, phone settings and security. i read somewhere about on the shortcut menu pressing the phone button but how does this work? someone please HELP!!!! i need a easier and quick way to lock my phone.

Feedback Score
    You might be able to set a shortcut to the settings and tools menu, or perhaps even to the security section of it, but that's about as close of a shortcut as you could get, as I recall. You still basically have to go into the security menu and use the lock option there to lock the phone.

Feedback Score
    on the phone dial pad, hold down the "#" key for 2 sec. and it will lock the phone. You will still have to enter your security key to enable the lock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xqsmi
    on the phone dial pad, hold down the "#" key for 2 sec. and it will lock the phone. You will still have to enter your security key to enable the lock.
    Isn't that no longer available on all or at least most of recent/current (VZW) LG phones?

Feedback Score
    As far as I am aware even if you can put it on a shortcut key, you will still have to enter your lock code.

Phone
    Dare
    Carrier
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xqsmi
    doesn't work, it goes to vibrate mode.

Feedback Score
    Oh sorry, I'm on the Telus version. Must be different. Vibrate for me is holding down the "*" key