Thread: Phone Lock Feature

Phones
    Sony Ericsson S302 - new phone since June 2009 / primary phone
    Motorola V360 - replaced by SE s302 - gave to Bro to replace his 1st Gen Razer when it croaks
    Treo 600 - bought used 2007 - use as backup when battery out on primary - luv games/apps
    Carriers
    Rogers [AT & T] - gonna change when my contract's up - their customer care service sucks
    Feedback Score

Phone Lock Feature

The phone lock feature on Sony Ericsson does not seem to work the way Motorola does. I wanted a feature that would prevent people from snooping around my phone if it is left unattended. I enter a pass code for the phone lock feature but I can still get pass the key pad by pressing * and Unlock soft key button.

On my old phone, which was a Motorola, I could lock the keypad and you need the pass code to open phone for use or looking up contacts. You can still answer phone calls if one comes in without entering pass code. But after call is answered and closed, you get kicked out again.

Is there an application out there that can be added to my phone to do this?
    My mom has the same brand but different model of Sony Ericsson and I want to install it on hers too.

Hope to hear back soon!

Phones
    Sony Ericsson S302 - new phone since June 2009 / primary phone
    Motorola V360 - replaced by SE s302 - gave to Bro to replace his 1st Gen Razer when it croaks
    Treo 600 - bought used 2007 - use as backup when battery out on primary - luv games/apps
    Carriers
    Rogers [AT & T] - gonna change when my contract's up - their customer care service sucks
    Feedback Score

In Detail

I found out that I can only work the SIM protection feature on the phone . However, I need to completely close the phone [close supplier too] for it to work when you open up phone. I was looking for an application that would use password lock to open when I activate the screen saving mode [shut off but calls can still come through].

The Phone Lock feature in the Security Setting doesn't do anything , even though you set up a password. I can still open and access contacts with * & unlock. Does the Phone Lock feature supposed to do nothing or is this a glitch in my phone which won't activate this feature?

Does the Phone Lock feature work for other Sony Ericsson users out there?

Phones
    Sony Ericsson W995 - Cosmic Silver - T-Mobile USA
    Sony Ericsson W850i - Precious Black - Smart
    Motorolla V300 - Sun
    Carriers
    T-Mobile USA
    Sun
    Feedback Score
    I, too, want to know if there is any app or setting that will have the keypad code lock on the phone. (Using the W995 & W850i) Not the Automatic Keypad Lock.

The SIM Protection and the PHONE Protection just prompts you to enter the code when you turn your phone on.

My gf has the P990i and that has the keypad code lock feature but my W995 or W850i doesn't have it, is it because the P990i is a smartphone that it has the keypad code lock feature?