Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How to Negotiate With Retentions; Getting the Absolute Best Deal

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    jproy12,

Been a little while since your post.. just wondering if you've had any luck?

I've got an iPhone with mostly the same features and pay aprox. the same.

Might have to call in to rentention myself and work some magic!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jproy12 View Post
    I think I might have posted this in the wrong section, either way, posting it here also...

Alright, here is my plan with Bell mobility, I just want advice, and if its a good deal, or not...

Uber Value 15.25
    -3 Way Calling
    -Call Waiting
    -Unlimited Nights and weekends (6p.m. to 7a.m.)
    -200min Local Minutes

100min CDN LD (Ends at the end of my contract, Feb 2012)
    Bell Wireless Calling Promo (Bell to Bell unlimited) (Ends at the end of my contract, Feb 2012)

Blackberry Smart Bundle35
    -500 MB Personal Email (BIS) & Internet (I was sure I had unlimited)
    -BlackBerry Messenger
    -Windows Live Messenger
    -Unlimited sent and received Text Messages
    -Call Display
    -Message Centre • Attachment viewing

Sys Access Fee + 911 ($9.70)
    $ GSM Card – International Service
    SPC Premium Smartphone ($7)

I am paying 75.65$ a month tax-in, am I getting ripped off? (I think I am, and really bad) I still have a good year and 4 months to go, can I resign a new plan/contract before the end of the 3 years? Or will I have a penalty fee?

I was sure I had unlimited Internet usage, but after seing my last couple months bills, I only use on average 200mb/month, how can someone use way over 500 to 1gb? I want all the same features above, I use them allé

I have a blackberry Storm2, and really want the Blackberry Torch (9800). Can i upgrade before the end of my contract? It's been only a year and 8months since I signed for my 3 year contract...

Thanks
    JP
    You can renew for promotions once you get into the last 12 months of your contract (Feb 2011), there's obviously no cancellation penalties to do this but you may or may not have a hardware upgrade... depending.

PP looks common enough.

To your data question it's VERRRRY hard to use over 500mb on a blackberry device. I've only ever seen it happen twice in about 5 years of looking at bills.

Now on Iphones and Android devices you might go over that on apps and web-browsing, but RIM devices don't tend to be as browser friendly so people on them don't use it as often.

Device(s)
    Bell HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (recently switched to Bell)
    Feedback Score
    The retention department offerred me to transfer my exisiting CDMA plan with unlimited mobile brower to the new HSPA Smartphone, and she advised me to pick up the phone from any Bell store.

I went to different dealers and even Bell stores, they said only Bell store owned by corprorate (a lot of them in the malls are owned by dealer) can access the comments entered by retention center. Thus, they cannot do a HUP for me without a data plan !!!!!

Should I just go ahead and ask the Bell to mail me the phone instead?

By the way, does it matter if I change to another phone after I got the deal from the retention center? The hardware price she offerred basically goes by the 3 years contract price on Bell.ca.

And is there a time limit to take the offer? I am thinking to wait till Bell.ca drops the price further. Any advice?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hi,
    Can someone please tell me what i can do in terms of HUP - I been with Bell for less than a year (9months now) and i have a 3 year contract with them, I initially purchased HTC Legend which was complete crap and it broke last week. I called Retention this afternoon, trying to get iphone 4 and sign up for a new 3 year term but they said I can only purchase the phone for full price, and there is nothing they can do to help me?
    Is there anyway I can do to get an early HUP and get new phone preferably iPhone 4 for a decent price?

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by next2u View Post
    Hi,

Is there anyway I can do to get an early HUP and get new phone preferably iPhone 4 for a decent price?

Thanks
    The short answer is No.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Is there anything better than the Share 20 plan? I don't want to pay that much for so little. I'm coming down from a $50 student plan and I don't feel that what I am getting is worth it.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m3cabral View Post
    Is there anything better than the Share 20 plan? I don't want to pay that much for so little. I'm coming down from a $50 student plan and I don't feel that what I am getting is worth it.
    the general feeling i get with bell is that theyre willing to do more for you at higher price points than at lower price points.
    ie, i have $44 in discounts every month when my bill is only ~$40 a month.

however, if you go down to an extremely low price point, there are measures that are put in place to not give you more than let's say... caller id for free

my suggestion is to try to keep your price point at what it is now, and keep pushing to see what you can get as lowering your monthly bill will get you proportionally less.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Hell
    Feedback Score
    Did BELL come out with an unlimited everything plan yet to compete with Rogers???

I have 350 mins during weekdays right now but seem to always go over by 40-50 mins.

Any ways of getting them to throw in 50-100 mins extra a month without cost??
    Homer: No BlackBerry and Internet make Homer go...something...something...
    Marge: Go Crazy?
    Homer: DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!

My blog about everything and nothing.

Flickr Page

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible to get a retentions plan then buy the phone at Best Buy or Future Shop? I really want a Nexus S but in their infinite wisdom Bell doesn't sell it themselves, so I can only get it on contract from those stores. I currently have a normal phone with a non-data plan. As a programmer I really want a pure Android phone so I can be as up-to-date as possible.

Feedback Score
    Does Bell have certain accounts marked as 'let them go'? I called in to Bell to see about porting out one of my lines and they made no attempt to keep me. When I called I said 'cancel' when asked what I was calling about. The agent answered my questions but made no attempt to change my mind. I just called again to verify the contract end date on my second line and got the same thing. Answered my questions but made no attempt to keep me.

Device(s)
    Bell HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    They might want to drop you if you are having an unlimited browser plan.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthRhino View Post
    Does Bell have certain accounts marked as 'let them go'? I called in to Bell to see about porting out one of my lines and they made no attempt to keep me. When I called I said 'cancel' when asked what I was calling about. The agent answered my questions but made no attempt to change my mind. I just called again to verify the contract end date on my second line and got the same thing. Answered my questions but made no attempt to keep me.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthRhino View Post
    Bell --or some of their staff-- have been known to do this. They have also been known to beg people to come back, though rarely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acurardx View Post
    The retention department offerred me to transfer my exisiting CDMA plan with unlimited mobile brower to the new HSPA Smartphone, and she advised me to pick up the phone from any Bell store.
    My contract is up in September and I have 2 HTC Touch CDMA phones with the Unlimited Mobile Browser. Did you ever actually get Bell to transfer this to an HSPA phone? I'm looking to get maybe an Atrix or Samsung SGS2. Last year when they were hounding me to upgrade my handset I got a CSA to agree to do this but when I went to the stores they said it was impossible to apply the UMB (or whatever it is) code to any SIM card phone. The computer just won't do it. The unlimited mobile browser is the #1 feature for me.

Thanks,

Device(s)
    Bell HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was in the same boat. The customer rep on the phone can tell you something, but no store will give HUP for a Smartphone without a data plan (I tried 5 Bell stores and dealers). Forget about $0 for an Atrix with 3 yrs contract. It won't happen until you sign up a data plan. And most discount offers are for new customers not renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchMeBell View Post
    My contract is up in September and I have 2 HTC Touch CDMA phones with the Unlimited Mobile Browser. Did you ever actually get Bell to transfer this to an HSPA phone? I'm looking to get maybe an Atrix or Samsung SGS2. Last year when they were hounding me to upgrade my handset I got a CSA to agree to do this but when I went to the stores they said it was impossible to apply the UMB (or whatever it is) code to any SIM card phone. The computer just won't do it. The unlimited mobile browser is the #1 feature for me.

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acurardx View Post
    I was in the same boat. The customer rep on the phone can tell you something, but no store will give HUP for a Smartphone without a data plan (I tried 5 Bell stores and dealers). Forget about $0 for an Atrix with 3 yrs contract. It won't happen until you sign up a data plan. And most discount offers are for new customers not renewal.
    My current plan comes out to $39 including taxes and all, per month, per phone.

Off the top of my head:
    FUN 15: Unlimited Mobile Browser, 200 outgoing SMS and (?) incoming, voicemail light?
    Call display
    100 regular minutes
    100 bonus minutes
    Free Bell Mobility to Bell Mobility calling
    Free Evenings and weekends from 21:00(?)

Assuming a new minimum $25 plan as base. And assuming Bell brings back $30 /6GB for the launch of SGS2 or iPhone 5, or is willing to apply it through retentions, that makes for a far more expensive proposition. No wonder they might want to drop Unlimited Mobile Browser customers.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast