Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How to Negotiate With Retentions; Getting the Absolute Best Deal

Device(s)
    Bell HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (recently switched to Bell)
    Feedback Score
    Of course, this is why they are willing to subsidize you a $500+ phone for $0 with 3 years data contract. And they will try any method to have all exisiting UMB owners drop their plan. Imagine some people are using one of those $20 all inclusive (UMB as well) legacy plan.

If you want unlimited data, you can only go to those new providers, like Wind & Mobilicity. Unless you do what some people do, keep buying replacement Touch to stay on the UMB plan.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchMeBell View Post
    My current plan comes out to $39 including taxes and all, per month, per phone.

Off the top of my head:
    FUN 15: Unlimited Mobile Browser, 200 outgoing SMS and (?) incoming, voicemail light?
    Call display
    100 regular minutes
    100 bonus minutes
    Free Bell Mobility to Bell Mobility calling
    Free Evenings and weekends from 21:00(?)

Assuming a new minimum $25 plan as base. And assuming Bell brings back $30 /6GB for the launch of SGS2 or iPhone 5, or is willing to apply it through retentions, that makes for a far more expensive proposition. No wonder they might want to drop Unlimited Mobile Browser customers.

Device(s)
    Ipwn 4s
    Carrier(s)
    Bellus
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if I can renew my student plan.. lol unlimited data on 3g whoot.

Device(s)
    SH-01A
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys I was wondering if I can get any tips on my problem. I am moving aboard for school for about a year, which mean my phone will be given to my parents. We have been having a lot of problems with our home line, so we'll be cancelling it. As I need to reach my parents if needed, I need a plan that can allow them to answer or call wherever they are. I know that rogers offer a 50$ North America calling plan. As my parents live about 6-8 months in Canada the other 4 they stay in the states... would bell be able to offer anything? Would it help if I say that I have all the Bell services which has no more contract attached to them (home line, internet, hd satellite). Also, my parent especially my mom can speak forever on a phone which worries me a bit, I have the top 10 plan... and its not even enough to input all her friends' numbers.

Feedback Score
    I am thinking of switching from rogers to bell (only on account of getting a galaxy S2) so I do not have an account at bell mobility but I have had my internet with them for like 10 years. Can I go to bell mobility customer retention to negotiate a deal on a cell phone?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Hell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnrogar View Post
    I am thinking of switching from rogers to bell (only on account of getting a galaxy S2) so I do not have an account at bell mobility but I have had my internet with them for like 10 years. Can I go to bell mobility customer retention to negotiate a deal on a cell phone?
    I wouldn't make the mistake of signing up with Bell!!

BELL IS TERRIBLE! There plans are just terrible, there service is terrible.

I'm trying to get a Rogers plan.... Funny how it works huh, you want a Bell plan and I want a Rogers plan.
    Homer: No BlackBerry and Internet make Homer go...something...something...
    Marge: Go Crazy?
    Homer: DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!

My blog about everything and nothing.

Flickr Page

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnrogar View Post
    i'm not sure.. but i dont' think this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    I wouldn't make the mistake of signing up with Bell!!

BELL IS TERRIBLE! There plans are just terrible, there service is terrible.

I'm trying to get a Rogers plan.... Funny how it works huh, you want a Bell plan and I want a Rogers plan.
    Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. at the end of the day ALL companies have pros and cons.... and it just becomes a case of who you want to do business with. SHort of getting like a phenomenol deal.. companies all work within 5-10 plus/minus points of each other.

what one comepany doesn't do better the other does..
    BELL PLAN
    250 mins | Unlimited evenings and weekends 6pm-8am | Per second billing after the first minute | Caller ID, Vmail | SAF + 911 fee waived | Unlimited texting | Unlimited Local Incoming Calls | 0.08c and 0.15c LD in Canada and US respectively | Detailed Billing | Call Conference, Waiting and Forward | 6GB - 10%
    Total $55.37 incl. tax

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled2300 View Post
    Why does it say on my features list churnrisk? I know they are worried I'm going to buy out the remaining months of my contract and churn off the network but does it mean anything other then that.
    just a tracking code. does nothing to your account. anyone who has access to adding features can put it on.

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Cannot match because it depends on what kind of contract deal the corporation has made with the service provider and how long they signed an agreement for that rate for.. ( ex, 12 years till they can renew offer..)

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheidt View Post
    Cant believe this one....My corporate plan is coming due with Bell & I haven't been impressed with the offers so far. MY corporate plan is gone so they are pushing just regular personal plans which I can get the same or better with other providers.
    Now I get a corporate offer from Rogers, in writing, very clear & concise, looks completely reasonable...& Bell says they can't even match it?
    WTF? If Rogers can do it there is absolutely no reason Bell can't offer the same....I have been completely happy with Bell until I starting dealing with my renewal....Unbelievable.
    One last call to speak to someone tomorrow...(its the principal of the thing!!) & if no luck...Hello Rogers!

Cannot match because it depends on what kind of contract deal the corporation has made with the service provider and how long they signed an agreement for that rate for.. ( ex, 12 years till they can renew offer..)

Best bet is to contact an existing customer loyalty line and see what they can do to match. it is a bit trickier with corporate indv/epp vs consumer personal

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Hell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anunes View Post
    Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. at the end of the day ALL companies have pros and cons.... and it just becomes a case of who you want to do business with. SHort of getting like a phenomenol deal.. companies all work within 5-10 plus/minus points of each other.

what one comepany doesn't do better the other does..

So here are some interesting stats:

Total number of CCTS complaints:
    Bell: 2,348 complaints (29.32% of total complaints)
    Chatr Wireless: 4 complaints (0.05% of total complaints)
    Fido: 657 complaints (8.21% of total complaints)
    Koodo Mobile: 129 complaints (1.60% of total complaints)
    Mobilicity: 23 complaints (0.27% of total complaints)
    MTS: 72 complaints (0.90% of total complaints)
    Public Mobile: 3 complaints (0.04% of total complaints)
    Rogers: 1,355 complaints (16.92% of total complaints)
    SaskTel: 31 complaints (0.38% of total complaints)
    Solo Mobile: 226 complaints (2.81% of total complaints)
    TELUS: 1,387 complaints (17.32% of total complaints)
    Videotron: 153 complaints (1.91% of total complaints)
    Virgin Mobile: 637 complaints (7.95% of total complaints)
    Wind Mobile: 86 complaints (1.07% of total complaints)

So in the case of billing, seems like the grass really is greener!
    But i do agree with you to a certain limit. All telecom companies in Canada are worse that s**t!

Device(s)
    Palm Pre 2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Canada has no future in telecommunication thanks to the disgusting duopoly of Bell and Rogers effectively driving prices up and Harper putting up safeguards to ensure no one can compete with their market share. This country is in the stone age of technology.

Anyways, this is my current plan:

Samsung Galaxy S2 on 3-year contract

$65/month
    550 minutes
    6GB data
    Unlimited text
    Voicemail and Caller ID

Oh hey look, my bill for this month is $300 again. That's the third month in a row my bill has wrongly been in the triple digits and every time I've had to waste an hour of my day on the phone with these crooks to get it adjusted. Can I legally burn down their HQ already?

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    So here are some interesting stats:

Total number of CCTS complaints:
    Bell: 2,348 complaints (29.32% of total complaints)
    Chatr Wireless: 4 complaints (0.05% of total complaints)
    Fido: 657 complaints (8.21% of total complaints)
    Koodo Mobile: 129 complaints (1.60% of total complaints)
    Mobilicity: 23 complaints (0.27% of total complaints)
    MTS: 72 complaints (0.90% of total complaints)
    Public Mobile: 3 complaints (0.04% of total complaints)
    Rogers: 1,355 complaints (16.92% of total complaints)
    SaskTel: 31 complaints (0.38% of total complaints)
    Solo Mobile: 226 complaints (2.81% of total complaints)
    TELUS: 1,387 complaints (17.32% of total complaints)
    Videotron: 153 complaints (1.91% of total complaints)
    Virgin Mobile: 637 complaints (7.95% of total complaints)
    Wind Mobile: 86 complaints (1.07% of total complaints)

So in the case of billing, seems like the grass really is greener!
    But i do agree with you to a certain limit. All telecom companies in Canada are worse that s**t!
    I thought I saw these stats previously., for Rogers & Bell, note they aren't specific for wireless though? The company as a whole.
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Does the device you want to get affect negotiations with retentions? I.e. if you're bringing your own device they are more willing to give you more vs getting a brand new device? I want to get a Note 2 and the best they are doing is their standard $53 plan + Bundle 7 for $2. I currently have a pretty stellar corporate plan that is expired.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility $60 Fab 10 6GB w/ 400 min, unlimeve/wknd/incoming/txt/pic/ 100 LD, TV,
    Feedback Score
    I have $56/mth plus tax ( $60 less $4 bundle discount) (basically $27 in features free)
    Package:
    Fab 10 nationwide, 6GB data, with 400 daytime, unlimited incoming, evening and weekends, Unlimited Txt and video messaging, 100 Cdn Long distance, message centre and calling features, plus MObile TV ( that doesnt work with Nexus phone anymore)

I cannot upgrade my phone or I will lose this plan. That is the kicker. So I have to stay month to month.

The Wind $39 deal is great and I would switch but this is a good deal overall so for $15/mth ( $180/year plus tax) I guess I will stick with Bell.

We use our Wind phone when travelling as roaming rates in US and Europe is MUCH cheaper!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 32GB (iOS 10.3.2)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007celluser View Post
    I have $56/mth plus tax ( $60 less $4 bundle discount) (basically $27 in features free)
    Package:
    Fab 10 nationwide, 6GB data, with 400 daytime, unlimited incoming, evening and weekends, Unlimited Txt and video messaging, 100 Cdn Long distance, message centre and calling features, plus MObile TV ( that doesnt work with Nexus phone anymore)

I cannot upgrade my phone or I will lose this plan. That is the kicker. So I have to stay month to month.

The Wind $39 deal is great and I would switch but this is a good deal overall so for $15/mth ( $180/year plus tax) I guess I will stick with Bell.

We use our Wind phone when travelling as roaming rates in US and Europe is MUCH cheaper!
    Switching to WIND will be even more enticing once they get LTE (either on Mobilicity's AWS spectrum or whichever band they get for LTE700).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast