Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: How to Negotiate With Retentions; Getting the Absolute Best Deal

Carrier(s)
    bell
    Feedback Score
    I just tonight compared Bell to Rogers on a five-phone family plan. They were with a few dollars of each other, with Bell coming in cheaper on the purchase of three new phones, by $300. Each had one or two advantages, but overall, they were within $15/month of each other. The Rogers Roam Like Home plan may swing it, or not. Didn't remember to ask Bell how they could match it.
    I hate Bell.

Feedback Score
    Wasn't sure where to put this because i only spoke to reg customer services. But I think the end outcome fits. I have 3 phones A Sony X2 and 2 Iphone 5s for my nieces. We are on a share plan so all the plans plans include unlmtd local calling long distance caller id display call fwd etc but we share 2 gb between the 3 of us. Now normally with wifi it would be fun but these being teenage girls they sometime go over. So as I am want to do every now and then I call customer service to see if there are any new promos out for whatever (i do that with my home services as well) My bill for the month was 210 cad + taxes and whatever else the kids went over. Average bill was about 235-245 every month!. but with the 2gb of data
    So I search on line and see that they have $50 plans but it includes 300 local mins and unlimited calling after 6 only(the rest of the features stay the same. So I give them a call and ask them about their new promos and say that I am interested i getting this plan for all 3 phones but I want to add the 4 gb of data for $50 to share well she asks a few questions and bam she says all done all three have now been witched over to this new rate plan.
    So my new plan will be a total of 200 plus taxe.. I maybe loosing the local calling but I am gaining more data. The nieces dont use the call feature that much so it wont even bother them at all.

all in all I think it worked out o k

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your advise; I have an Samsumg 4S and would like to change it. If I am calling Bell and telling them that I will have a better price with rogers or Telus...do you think that Bell will throw an new phone to keep me? Really need your help

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mene4u View Post
    Thanks for your advise; I have an Samsumg 4S and would like to change it. If I am calling Bell and telling them that I will have a better price with rogers or Telus...do you think that Bell will throw an new phone to keep me? Really need your help
    They know that carriers don't really give good plans to new customers. As per hardware deals they'd probably want to see it in print somewhere and probably call your bluff. That said I think Bell has some kind of deal for the S7's right now or it may have been Rogers 1 cent or something on a 2 year share plan.

Feedback Score

How to Negotiate With Retentions; Getting the Absolute Best Deal

I had an interesting experience with both Rogers and Bell recently. I called Rogers to cancel my home phone and got tossed over to retention. The agent offered me the world to keep my home phone and in discussion I mentioned that my cell service was with Bell. My 6s is under contract but my wife has a 4s iPhone which is free and clear as far as contract goes and she shares my data. The Rogers agent offered me an iPhone 5SE 16 mg free for her with 250 mg of data for $55 a month. I almost took it but I have been Bell customer since the days of pagers and wanted to,see if they could match it. Long story short I got tossed to a loyalty rep who gave me an iPhone 5SE 32mg free for $50 a month, sharing my data as before. Needless to,say I took the deal.

Feedback Score
    Went to early upgrade my Xperia z5 because it's a piece of garbage, and they wanted me to change my plan to which meant a 20 dollar increase just to keep myself at 6gigs. So call customer service, and was straight with them, I wasn't going to pay 20 dollars more a month for their service. We ended up with 5 gigs data, 300 minutes as I had, and text voicemail and jazz for 85. I was pleasantly suprised I didn't have to cancel, and got to continue the run.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BasesLoadedWalk View Post
    Sounds like you lost 1 Gb in the process. Wouldn't call that a deal. I'm personally done with all this racket about phone upgrades forcing plan changes. I'm from this point on just buying devices outright and keeping the plan I'm on in tact.

It is only a deal compared to other current offerings. I'd agree to buying phones out right, but it doesn't make sense unless you're buying a basic phone. The z2 play I'm getting would cost 700 dollars. I'm not gonna save that in 2 years even by keeping a 90 dollar plan over a 110 dollar plan.
    Plus WiFi at work has curbed my need for 6 gigs 5 should work fine.

But I don't disagree, compares to four years ago my plan has now doubled in price, and I don't get half of what they used to give for the price either.

Feedback Score
    So has anyone dealt with Loyalty lately ? I have a S6 and am looking at getting a newer phone I have just under 7 months remaining on my contract and owe approx 183.00 left. I called Loyalty and they said if I wanted a new Iphone 7 or the new S8 that they would reduce the remainder i half but still would have to pay 200 for the phone plus get another plan at 95 but would loose my un-limnted calling and only go to local calling.
    I would like to not have to pay over 300 for a new phone. I told them this and they basically said it is what it is , they would not budge at all.

I was gonna try them in a week or so and speak to someone else. any advise or should seek a new phone elsewhere?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7