Thread: Getting my pictures off and onto my computer?

Phones
    LG EnV Touch
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Getting my pictures off and onto my computer?

I recently got the EnV Touch and I want to know if there is a way that I can hook it up to my computer and get all of my pictures and videos off?? I figured out the music syncing, but not the pictures. Can anyone help??
    --BTW all of my pictures are on my micro SD card--

Phones
    Touch Pro 2 VZ
    Env Touch
    LG Dare for a week the back to E815
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Get a card reader and save pics to memory card, then you can connect your card directly to your pc. If you wanna skip that you can always mail em to pixplace.

Phones
    LG EnV Touch
    LG Chocolate 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    you should have an adapter. my sd card came with one

Phones
    Palm Pixi Plus
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Go to Settings & Tools > Settings > USB Auto Detection > Ask On Plug

Once you've done that then you can hook up the USB cord to your phone then your computer. Of course you already know to go to Settings & Tools > Tools > USB Mass Storage...the phone will ask you if you want to do Music or Data. Choose data and the card should show up on your computer in the My Computer area if you have a PC. Your photos will be in 'my_pix'

I have an sd card and adapter but my notebook won't recognize it if I slide it into the reader. Hope this helps.

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (Steve's phone: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 480X800 LGE VX11000)

plug the phone into your computer.
    go to settings and tools, tools, usb mass storage.
    the phone will appear as a new removeable device

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Phones
    LG 11000
    LG 9900
    LG 6000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I always just take the card out and put it in a reader to copy stuff to the computer- or to move songs to the phone.

Phones
    LG EnV Touch
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I did exactly what you said to do but my computer won't read it. It pops up with the Found new hardware, please insert disc, but I don't have a disc. What should I do from here?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chantalrdj
    I did exactly what you said to do but my computer won't read it. It pops up with the Found new hardware, please insert disc, but I don't have a disc. What should I do from here?
    Download and install this: http://mobilephones.us.lge.com/uploa..._4.9.4_All.exe

Then your computer should recognize your phone as LG CDMA Modem or something similar to that.

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ParthG
    Download and install this: http://mobilephones.us.lge.com/uploa..._4.9.4_All.exe

Then your computer should recognize your phone as LG CDMA Modem or something similar to that.
    The USB mass storage mode requires no drivers on windows XP/Vista machines, since it uses the USB Mass Storage device protocol... just like a flash drive.

So when you first connect the phone it will try to detect and install and then ask for the drivers.. just cancel and then choose USB mass storage in the tools menu.

Think about it, you don't need it as a modem (and/or serial port).. just the storage device.

keep in mind this will ONLY work if you have a memory card in the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G
    The USB mass storage mode requires no drivers on windows XP/Vista machines, since it uses the USB Mass Storage device protocol... just like a flash drive.

So when you first connect the phone it will try to detect and install and then ask for the drivers.. just cancel and then choose USB mass storage in the tools menu.

Think about it, you don't need it as a modem (and/or serial port).. just the storage device.

keep in mind this will ONLY work if you have a memory card in the phone.
    Yeah that makes sense. It's just that usually if Windows asks for a driver from a disc, it usually means it couldn't find it by itself. Anyway, even if he does install the drivers, it won't keep bugging him about finding the drivers.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    EnV Touch
    VX8550 (Chocolate 2)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can also email them from your phone to your computer if you want. Just put the email address in the MMS recipient area.

Feedback Score
    You didn't mention if your computer has bluetooth or not so I'll add that option to the discussion. I transfer photos and videos to my computer that way and it beats plugging and unplugging a memory card, albeit it's a little slower if you are transferring huge files.