Thread: Zte c78 c79 Tethering

Feedback Score

Exclamation Zte c78 c79 Tethering

I was having some problems tethering a couple of zte phones as modems.
    But i finally managed to tether a few on Xp and vista.
    First problem i had was to ge the device detected and installed since they dont support any blue tooth tethering.
    I did a windows update one day and found the drivers under hardware.
    But the main point is to get the drivers to a machine that doesn't have any active internet connection so the update wont work.
    So i uploaded the files to driverguide.com, since you don't have to sign up to download them and there is never a limit on how many times or how long the files will be up.

so to begin

1. Download the Drivers

2. connect your zte handset to the usb cable, and it will be detected by windows. Now if you have the C79 youre going to have a problem getting it detected as a usb modem/data interface. But I have good news, I found out that if you want it detected as a modem you start the browser and as soon as it loads the metropcs page you connect the usb cable. Thats the best i can do on the c79, i found out by accident and for now its a hit or miss so just keep trying. You will know you're not in modem mode because a prompt in the phone will show in "udisk" mode when y ou connect the cable. Just keep trying it will work.

3 so once it gets detected, you will have to tell it where the drivers are.
    You need to select "install from a specific location"> "Search for best driver in there locations" then put a check on "include this location in the search" then just browse for the drivers.
    Hit next and youre done the drivers will install all by themselves in Vista and in XP.

4. You will need to create a new connection dial up connection in xp
    WIndows XP New Connection Wizard
    Click here for pretty images

4xp.1. Under the Start menu choose Control Panel and then choose Network Connections. Click on Create a new connection.

4xp.2. If this is your first time creating a dial-up connection on this computer, you will probably be taken to the Phone and Modem Options control panel in order to setup a Location and Dialing Rules. (If, however, you have setup a Dialing location previously, then you will not be taken to that control panel.)

4xp.3. If you are taken to the Phone and Modem Options control panel, you will be asked to create a New Location.

4xp.4. once the wizard opens select Connect to the Internet and click Next.

4xp.5. select Set up my connection manually, and click Next

4xp.6. You will be connecting using a dial-up modem so choose "Connect using a dial-up modem", and click Next.

4xp7. For ISP Name enter MetroPCS, and click Next.

4xp8. For Phone Number, enter #777, and click Next.

4xp9. When you see the screen asking you to enter your user name and password, enter your phonenumber follow by @mymetropcs.com and password can be metro, then click Next

4xp10. Click Finish to complete the New Connection Wizard.

In Vista
    Click here for nice pictures

4vst.1. Go to the Control Panel from the Start Menu

4vst.2. Click on "Network and Internet".

4vst.3. Click on "Network and Sharing Center"

4vst.4. Click on "Set up a connection or network" under Tasks

4vst.5. Select "Set up a dial-up connection"

4vst.6. Use the following configuration settings.

* Dial-up phone number: #777
    * User name: your phone number followed by @mymetropcs.com
    * Password: metropcs
    * Connection Name: MetroPCs

4vst.7. Click "Create".

Setting up the Proxies on programs

Most programs will look for proxy setting from internet explorer so it is important to set them in internet explorer.

in Xp

1. Under the Start menu choose Control Panel and then choose internet Options

2. Then select the connections tab from the windows

3. then in the dial up and Private Networks connections select metropcs then click on settings

4. On the metropcs settings windows on the proxy server you make sure that use a proxy server for this connection is checked.

5. Once they are checked you can put in the fields
    address: wap.metropcs.net Port:3128

On Vista
    1. Under the Start menu choose Control Panel and then choose Network and Internet then click on internet Options

2. Then select the connections tab from the windows

3. then in the dial up and Private Networks connections select metropcs then click on settings

4.3. then in the dial up and Private Networks connections select metropcs then click on settings

4. On the metropcs settings windows on the proxy server you make sure that use a proxy server for this connection is checked.

5. Once they are checked you can put in the fields
    address: wap.metropcs.net Port:3128

You should be able to get everything working from there, if a program doesnt work leave me a message and i will add it here.
    ps. In some programs for the proxy server you have to specify http://wap.mymetropcs.net

Carriers
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    you should be posting this in modding and flashing/tutorials
    HITMAN OF THE METRO MAFIA

Phone
    Huawei M735
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    In XP, I just press "safely remove hardware" in the taskbar to switch it from udisk to modem on the ZTE C79.

Feedback Score
    thank you for that information about the switch