Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the best NON smartphone for US Cellular?

Feedback Score

What is the best NON smartphone for US Cellular?

looking to get a phone that i dont have to pay an extra $25 a month. what do you think is the best phone? Are there going to be any cool non smart phones coming out that i should wait for????

Phones
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Motorola w385 (backup)
    LG Bliss (backup)
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    These things are a matter of personal preference and what one's user needs are.

That being said, here's my (admittedly n00b) opinion from having been visiting the US Cellular store a lot lately playing with phones and from reading these forum message boards.

If you're unwilling to pay the smartphone fee, then you're probably also unwilling to pay the premium mobile internet fee so I will bypass the Tritan, which is a very cool device.

The best nonsmart phones IMO are the Rhythm and the rereleased Hint. They both have quite a few nice features as well as good reviews. My current phone, the W385, is extremely dependable and high quality, but lacks any bells and whistles.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carriers
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ_McK
    These things are a matter of personal preference and what one's user needs are.

That being said, here's my (admittedly n00b) opinion from having been visiting the US Cellular store a lot lately playing with phones and from reading these forum message boards.

If you're unwilling to pay the smartphone fee, then you're probably also unwilling to pay the premium mobile internet fee so I will bypass the Tritan, which is a very cool device.

The best nonsmart phones IMO are the Rhythm and the rereleased Hint. They both have quite a few nice features as well as good reviews. My current phone, the W385, is extremely dependable and high quality, but lacks any bells and whistles.
    The best non-smartphone is the Tritan.

The best phone currently available without a mandatory data plan of any kind...I would concur with the Rhythm, although there are some nice new phones coming soon that supposedly won't require a data plan.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    I'll say the Hint.
    Better camera and better reception and voice quality than the Rhythm.

The only thing the Rhythm has over the Hint is the FM transmitter which sounds crummy anyhow through a car stereo.

Carriers
    VZW
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    id actually have to go with the samsung line. two step probly or the gloss. we almost never have to send any samsung phone in for repair. lg and moto are good phones but have been hit and miss in the software area lately.
    we now have a federal government who's only self acknowledged limitation is whatever it can get away with. - Judge Andrew Napolitano

I believe the best social program is a JOB - Ronald Regan

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Except that Samsung's have crappy reception.

Carriers
    VZW
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166
    Except that Samsung's have crappy reception.
    although motos are known for better reception, its rare that we have anyone complain about it with the samsungs. i can think of once in the last year.

Phone
    HTC 8X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i will say go for the lg rhythm

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    VE20
    compact durable and good signal
    Worn out retail warrior. Now retired on the golf course.

Phones
    Electify
    Desire
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    My lady has the Rhythm and I personally hate it...up here in Maine it gets horrible reception and drops calls constantly. Other than that it's a neat little phone.

My brother has the Hint and it has stood up well to his treatment of it.

I have the V9 which was discontinued, but I love it. It has the music player and has great reception.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE4284
    The best non-smartphone is the Tritan.

The best phone currently available without a mandatory data plan of any kind...I would concur with the Rhythm, although there are some nice new phones coming soon that supposedly won't require a data plan.

do you know what new phones that are coming out will not require a data plan?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carriers
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abc123abc
    do you know what new phones that are coming out will not require a data plan?
    Not off the top of my head. Search around for the threads discussing new phones. There were at least two of them going not too long ago.

Phones
    HTC 6800
    LG 830
    Moto Q
    Carrier
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    WOW I am really suprised on some of the responces!

Most durable and reliable would be the Motorola VE20

Phone
    HTC 8X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CkZX2
    VE20
    compact durable and good signal
    O i totally forgot about the ve20, i personally like Motorola better than lg, but lg to me has more style, so it probably would be best to choose from those brands.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Former slave of: T-Mobile, MetroPCS, ALLTEL, Verizon,Two cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellguy030
    id actually have to go with the samsung line. two step probly or the gloss. we almost never have to send any samsung phone in for repair. lg and moto are good phones but have been hit and miss in the software area lately.

My daughter has a samsung gloss. It's actually a neat lil phone. It has a full keyboard, an alright camera, SD Slot, music player, and it holds a great signal all the way up in northern maine, on the canadian border. If it weren't for the fact that it is pink, I might even walk around with it. But I like WM better.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Here's to you, here's to me, hope we never disagree.
    But if we do, SCREW YOU, Here's to me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast