Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What phone are you using on PagePlus?

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    Started out with an Amp'd Angel (QNC, but tether only), now have an SCH i600 w/QNC. Instinct someday...
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Device(s)
    Samsung A870
    Carrier(s)
    VirginMobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Samsung A870. I set a U340 up for a friend.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mingo (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    I am using a BB Storm, but since VZW appears to have cut off data/BIS I'm going to try out a Q9m for the physical keyboard and better battery life.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid, Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Palm Centro

It wouldn't program over the air, so I had to do it manually. It works perfectly though.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    If this $39.95 plan holds true I will eventually be coming here with my main line. Just wondering what type of device to get.

I have no idea what im doing when it comes to programming so it needs to be something easy or ready to go. I would love to have a full keyboard too. Web is nice but wont use it much for anything other than a quick check of the weather or something.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    If this $39.95 plan holds true I will eventually be coming here with my main line. Just wondering what type of device to get.

I have no idea what im doing when it comes to programming so it needs to be something easy or ready to go. I would love to have a full keyboard too. Web is nice but wont use it much for anything other than a quick check of the weather or something.
    Sounds like you want something like a Q9. It's a toss up between QNC unlimited or EVDO 20MB since you plan to use so little data.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HTC Mogul, Samsung A920, Katana DLX
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Sprint SERO,
    Feedback Score
    I currently don't have any phones activated on PP. I've had quite a few in the past but not at the current time. If these plans do come out though I will most likely be having my parents switch and then will probably let them use my LG vx8350. I would switch over to one of these amazing plans if I wasn't already getting a great deal with sprint.
    Do you ever feel like one phone isn't enough? That is the HoFo effect.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    Sounds like you want something like a Q9. It's a toss up between QNC unlimited or EVDO 20MB since you plan to use so little data.
    I am guessing QNC unlimited means unlimited 'free' internet? I wouldn't mind that... even if its slower... I am making due with Boost mobile's speeds right now, cant get much slower than that! lol

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HTC Mogul, Samsung A920, Katana DLX
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Sprint SERO,
    Feedback Score
    I am guessing QNC unlimited means unlimited 'free' internet? I wouldn't mind that... even if its slower... I am making due with Boost mobile's speeds right now, cant get much slower than that! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup
    PING time is about 350 ms, half that of Boost! Checked my balance and no deduct - free. Downloading speed is 1.35KB/s, half that of Boost. Because of the short PING time, it should be adequate for most mobile jobs - email, IM, telnet etc. Operamini should be OK too
    So as you can see it can get slower then boost lol. But at least it is free and unlimited.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjs01
    So as you can see it can get slower then boost lol. But at least it is free and unlimited.
    LOL, so why so slow? Also, Boost is about 15-20kbps isnt it?

And how would one set this up? I saw the sticky but I didnt see setup instructions..

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    LOL, so why so slow? Also, Boost is about 15-20kbps isnt it?

And how would one set this up? I saw the sticky but I didnt see setup instructions..
    QNC is slow because it's old and obsolete and based on emulated circuit switched data just like CSD mode on GSM. It's all CDMA had for data before 1X & EVDO were invented. Some networks can't even do QNC, and Verizon doesn't guarantee access so YMMV.

QNC ability depends on the handset. Older PDA's (< about 2004) work out of the box. New PDA's generally don't have the feature or have it disabled. Some newer PDA's, like the Q9C, can to be hacked to enable the feature. In addition, dumbphones need to be programmed to work with a proxy server.

Most all the info you need is in this forum if you are willing to hunt for it. We also have a Wiki. (We are here to help, but it does get tiresome when people refuse to do research and want to be spoon fed, so it's best not to cross that line.)

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Ahh, gotcha. I remember using CSD back in the day (on GSM). Thought it was the best thing ever!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Question

Lets hear those model #'s!
    I'm shopping phones now, trying to decide what to use so I would definitely like to see this thread grow. If anyone is using data [not QNC] (getting ready to use new data plan) on PP, can you please share which phone(s) you have used. How hard was it to make them work? How is your functionality? Speed? etc.?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Picked up the LG-VX5500PP (Pre-Paid Verizon Phone) at Walmart. Never activated on Verizon. Activated it on PP with no problem. Works fine, good basic phone for talking and texting.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mingo (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystones
    I'm shopping phones now, trying to decide what to use so I would definitely like to see this thread grow. If anyone is using data [not QNC] (getting ready to use new data plan) on PP, can you please share which phone(s) you have used. How hard was it to make them work? How is your functionality? Speed? etc.?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Data is working fine on my newly activated Q9c. I'm using the Windows Live App to push a Hotmail email to the device and pull email (once per day) from another non-Live/Hotmail account.

Browsing works fine. I downloaded a ~1MB file at just over 100KB/s (speed was increasing up until it was finished.

I would assume the same would be true for other WMO devices.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast