Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread: What phone are you using on PagePlus?

Holly Hill, South Carolina, United States
    Carrier
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ibeaguy View Post
    You got a clean esn fascinate for $89? Nice!

I upgraded from an original Droid to a Droid X. My fat, large fingers are loving it!
    Yeah the asking price was $100 or best offer.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    List of phones used on Page Plus...

Samsung Flipshot
    Droid Eris
    Motorola Droid
    Droid 2
    Samsung Omnia 2
    HTC PocketPC XV6700
    Presently: Droid X

Phone
    HTC Trophy
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadBumrush View Post
    Only current issue is with Premium Text Messaging, which prevents me from receiving security key texts from PayPal (I've emailed PP about this and am awaiting their response).
    In follow-up, PP was never able to resolve my issue, though I found an alternative solution that works with PayPal: Symantec's VIP Access app. Pretty nifty if you're into this sort of stuff.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadBumrush View Post
    In follow-up, PP was never able to resolve my issue, though I found an alternative solution that works with PayPal: Symantec's VIP Access app. Pretty nifty if you're into this sort of stuff.
    I had the same problem (needed the premium text message for Bank of America). I called Page Plus up and they set premium text message on my account. Texts from BofA then started working. Call em up?

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    New PP user as of yesterday. Evo 4G working great. Now just have to get used to not having Sprint's unlimited data - but I'm LOVING not getting the monthly cell bill from them anymore

KC
    Cedar Falls, IA

Phone
    HTC Trophy
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Oddly, I never had any issues with receiving security texts from BofA (with or without premium text messaging). PayPal was the only merchant that seemed to be unable to reach me. As I'm satisfied with the current solution, I think I'll keep things as-is until something breaks later.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if Droid Pro can be activated on PP?

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Bella -- I don't, but i've read a couple mixed reviews re: Droid Pro activation on PP (no MMS or calling issues).

Has anyone tried to activate any of the phones listed below on Page Plus, and if so did talk/text/MMS/data all work? I've been looking for a $200-$300 smartphone that can be activated on P+ without any hassles/special programming required and that isn't too massive. This will be a gift for a first-time smart phone user. Hopefully this list will help any of you looking for a similar phone for yourself or as a gift. Prices based on eBay listings, brand new condition, buy-it-now, includes shipping. Thanks.

Do these work on Page Plus?:
    Samsung Illusion: $200-$225, nice balance of small size and good features for the price
    LG Enlighten: $215-$230, nice small size, thicker because of slide-out keyboard, slightly smaller display and less advanced features
    HTC Merge (I have read this can be activated on Verizon even though only listed w/US Cellular and Alltel): $250-$300, larger size and screen, slide-out keyboard, better features that LG but more expensive

Also considering the following; I have found confirmation on forums that these phones work:
    Moto DROID 2 Global: $260-$295, this might be a winner if willing to pay a bit more than Samsung/LG (especially if it works globally)
    HTC Incredible: $300-$325, everyone knows about this phone, great but expensive and getting old
    HTC Trophy: $300-$350, Windows phone (Mango), larger but good features and reviews, expensive
    Moto DROID (original) deserves to be on the list at only $140, though I'd rather pay up for DROID 2 Global

Thanks for sharing your experiences with these phones (or any others that you think I'm forgetting).
    And I've been using HTC DROID Eris, my wife is using Palm Pre Plus...both work perfectly out of the box. Just ordered a $38 Palm Pixi Plus for my dad.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Im unsure of whether those other phones work on PP or not, Although I will say that I and my fiance are both using the OG droid(original) and we love them, I have the 55 program so i get 500 mb of data and still pay half of what my friends using verizon plans. Also if you shop around you can do better than 140.. I found mine for 35 and hers for 50. Good luck!

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your reply. I still haven't found anyone who has activated the LG, Samsung or HTC...they'll probably work but not sure I'm willing to take the risk (especially since this is a gift).
    Those sound like great prices for the Droid (A855), but I'm guessing you purchased USED phones while the prices I referenced are for NEW IN BOX phones. If not, I'd love to know where you found such a great deal.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    There may be a reason why you didn't include it, but I guess you're aware that a new DroidX is currently $190?
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Boz - Sounds like a good deal as well and thanks for the suggestion. I eliminated from my list based on size. I'm trying not to going any bigger than HTC Incredible (even HTC Trophy is pushing it). I think anyone looking for a bigger phone has some good options that I haven't listed, including the one you mentioned.

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer1982 View Post
    Bella -- I don't, but i've read a couple mixed reviews re: Droid Pro activation on PP (no MMS or calling issues).

I just activated a Droid Pro on the 55 plan. Seems to work fine. Incoming and outgoing calls, SMS, and data work.

I don't normally use MMS, but just sent an MMS containing a jpg from the Droid pro to a T-mobile G2 and it was received.
    I also received one sent from the G2 on the Droid Pro.

In short. Everything seems to work. Sample size of 1. Take it for what it is worth.
    Last edited by mch; 12-05-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE:
    I took a chance on the Samsung Illusion and it was worth it. My brother activated it on Page Plus and everything (talk, text, web) is working great. He said he originally could not get past the Activation screen (two options: Emergency Call or Activate, which calls Verizon's activation service) but then he typed in a "by-pass code" which got him to the home screen and make a call. These steps don't sound familiar to me since my previous activations were seamless, possible he made a mis-step in between, but either way everything works now.

It's 3G, does not have 4G. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons it has not been a very popular phone, but for Page Plus users it's not an issue. From what I saw of the phone, it's very fast (especially compared to my HTC DROID Eris), nice screen and relatively small size. I got a new-in-box phone off eBay for $205, which I think is a good value for a new, updated phone (just released at the end of Nov-2011) vs. some of the more dated phones that Page Plus users like myself are using.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Not yet a PagePlus customer, but I just bought the PalmPixiPlus. Planning to activate it through KittyWireless, so yep. hopefully I'll love it.

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast