Thread: Use Genuine Battery error message..

Phones
    Droid
    LG Dare
    Motorola Z6c
    Feedback Score

Use Genuine Battery error message..

I live in Texas and I am visiting Wisconsin at the moment. Tried updating my roaming...said it was successful and the phone cycled. Later I went to check something on my phone and it was powered off. Turned it on and it says "Use Genuine Battery" followed by power off and a count down then shutdown. Tried removing the battery, placing back in and reboot, same problem. It has the same genuine battery that came with it when I bought it from Verizon. No problems prior. Any idea what the probelm is and a possible solution??

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

take a pencil eraser and rub the battery contacts on the battery and phone. crud can build up causing that error. Motos are very susceptible to it. if that doesnt work and your phone is less than a year old a new battery is in order and should be covered under warranty
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phones
    Droid
    LG Dare
    Motorola Z6c
    Feedback Score
    Ok, update. Never could resolve the problem. Took the phone to the Verizon store, they replaced the battery and it worked again. They had never seen this problem before, and they were not expecting the battery change to fix it, and neither did I. Still not sure what the error was and it has not came back up.

Now for the weird part. My girlfriends phone also had its roaming updated in Wisconsin. It continued to work until we headed home and she began to get the same error (in Illinois). When we got to Oklahoma, hers began to work again. Hers has continued to work until yesterday when she dropped her phone. The same error came up. She rebooted her phone and it has worked ever since. Completely boggles my mind. Oh yeah, hers is the Choco 3.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

crud on contacts multiplies with heat and shows up more if its humid. my bosses nextel phone did the same thing yesterday. cleaned his contacts on the phone and battery and it stopped. his would give the warning then shut off

Phones
    BB Storm2 9550 (Storm 9530 sold)
    LG Dare VX9700, LG VX8300 (Voyager and EnV2 sold)
    Carriers
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skulltatt
    Ok, update. Never could resolve the problem. Took the phone to the Verizon store, they replaced the battery and it worked again. They had never seen this problem before, and they were not expecting the battery change to fix it, and neither did I. Still not sure what the error was and it has not came back up.

Now for the weird part. My girlfriends phone also had its roaming updated in Wisconsin. It continued to work until we headed home and she began to get the same error (in Illinois). When we got to Oklahoma, hers began to work again. Hers has continued to work until yesterday when she dropped her phone. The same error came up. She rebooted her phone and it has worked ever since. Completely boggles my mind. Oh yeah, hers is the Choco 3.
    I always *228 whenever I go somewhere new.