Phones
    HTC Thunderbolt
    LG VX9900
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Stolen phone flash possible?

So, I had my phone stolen. Its an Envy 3, and Im curious. With the ability to "Unlock/Flash" phones, even if verizon locks my ESN on their network, is it possible to still use it on another service? Im not sure how Metro does things, but from what verizon told me, the ESN is locked on ALL networks. Any validity to this?

Thanks in advance for your help folks.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Your stolen phone could possibly be activated on MetroPCS or maybe Cricket. It can't be activated on Sprint, as they do not accept non Sprint branded phones. VZW won't activate it once it is listed as stolen.

I don't think Metro cares, as the ESN won't show as blacklisted in their system. Double check that though, as I really have no experience with Metro or Cricket.

Unlocking is for GSM phones, and does not apply to your situation.
    Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Phones
    HTC Thunderbolt
    LG VX9900
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    Your stolen phone could possibly be activated on MetroPCS or maybe Cricket. It can't be activated on Sprint, as they do not accept non Sprint branded phones. VZW won't activate it once it is listed as stolen.

I don't think Metro cares, as the ESN won't show as blacklisted in their system. Double check that though, as I really have no experience with Metro or Cricket.

Unlocking is for GSM phones, and does not apply to your situation.

OK, so is there any way to prevent this? Id really like to get my phone back. Is there a way that i could call in my phones ESN and have the blacklist it?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You could give it a shot. Might be worth trying just for the peace of mind, if you can't have it, no one can. Do you have the ESN?

Phones
    HTC Thunderbolt
    LG VX9900
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    You could give it a shot. Might be worth trying just for the peace of mind, if you can't have it, no one can. Do you have the ESN?

I found out that Metro and VZW all go through Asurion, and that the blacklist is universal because of that. I dont have the ESN atm. Im lookin for it. I had to send it in when I did my rebate for my 9200.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Call Verizon, they should have it in their records.