Thread: Texting using someone else's number

Feedback Score

Texting using someone else's number

Hi All,

I have a question based on something that's been happening to me for several weeks now.

I received a text message from a phone number I didn't recognize. I paid good money to an investigation service and discovered the number's location and address. It's not someone that is any way associated with my life. In addition, the number is a land line.

So I'm wondering: is it possible for someone to use a stolen number (even if it's a land line) and somehow send a text via that number to me?? Clearly this person doesn't want to be found out.

Additionally, the nature of the text to me indicated that they have been reading my texts or listening to phone conversations I've had.

So my other question is: how difficult (or is it even possible) for someone to intercept or find out what my text messages are or even listen in on my calls?

Some background: my cell phone has never been out of my possession so I doubt anyone could have downloaded any sort of spy software on to it. Is there any way for me to check to know if there is pirated of spy software on my phone?

Thanks for any help. this is all rather disturbing to me.

Casanave

Phone
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung Blackjack2: SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/UCIB1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

It may have just been a simple wrong number. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    yahoo: liliken1969
    Msn: liliken1969@hotmail.com
    aim: liliken
    googletalk: lisa.liliken@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the thought but....

The person used a name that he or she would have only known from my text messages or conversations. Also, they made reference to specific events in my life. So it's clear that they have some knowledge of my private communications and I really want to figure out how they got it.

Any other suggestions???

Phone
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier
    Alltel 4EVER
    Feedback Score
    Call your provider that you think someone might have cloned your phone and is receiving a copy of your text messages.