Thread: locked apn

Device(s)
    droid bionic 4glte
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

locked apn

Wut does locked apn mean..does all sk plans wrk with all sidekix or is there locked apn's...confused

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    obviously, you have a locked phone.
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 VZW, iPhone 5 AT&T, iPad Mini AT&T, iPad 3 VZW. All with their own unlimited data plans.
    Carrier(s)
    Whoreizon Wireless™
    Feedback Score
    Code Millions is talking about the WAP apn being unlocked on his plan. Not sure if some or all sidekicks have unlocked WAP APNs. when it's unlocked internet works in other phones.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm (unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believed the APNs are all locked on the Sidekick. Even if you could change it, it wouldn't matter. Without a connection the Danger server the phone won't work on the internet.
    When our 5 powers combine, we summon Earth's greatest champion: Captain Planet.
    Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 VZW, iPhone 5 AT&T, iPad Mini AT&T, iPad 3 VZW. All with their own unlimited data plans.
    Carrier(s)
    Whoreizon Wireless™
    Feedback Score
    yea, the APN's are locked on the SK i believe, but on the *PLAN* it's unlocked, allowing other data devices to be used with a sidekick data plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mac Ace
    yea, the APN's are locked on the SK i believe, but on the *PLAN* it's unlocked, allowing other data devices to be used with a sidekick data plan.
    True. I have an iPhone working on the 20 dollar unlimited plan right now.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You cannot use any other phone with the SIDEKICK data plan though. Other data plans, yes. But not the SK data plan.

And codemillions, where are you seeing "locked apn"?
    Grool.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paine
    You cannot use any other phone with the SIDEKICK data plan though. Other data plans, yes. But not the SK data plan.

And codemillions, where are you seeing "locked apn"?
    YES YOU CAN!!!!

Many people have as well. It works on my iPhone, my old Wing, my N-Gage.

Anything other than a Blackberry, but even that is not technically true since you can get Opera Mini and web connection working without the BIS servers. You just won't have the native browser.

You just set the APN and password to the same ones on the Sidekick and magic, it will connect.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Whoreizon Wireless™
    Feedback Score
    Paine, you are wrong. That used to be the case back in the day, but for some unknown reason, my t-mobile line (now in use by code millions) totally works fine with other data devices. I too had it working just fine on my unlocked iphone 2g. Even a BB will work using opera mini, but you won't get BIS data or PIN messaging.
    Rapaleeman-glad to see someone else taking advantage of this awesome plan

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well if that's the case, my bad. I use to be a major Sidekick user, and the last time I tried, it didn't work using the data plan on another phone. I'm assuming this is a recent change? Either way, my mistake.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Whoreizon Wireless™
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paine
    Well if that's the case, my bad. I use to be a major Sidekick user, and the last time I tried, it didn't work using the data plan on another phone. I'm assuming this is a recent change? Either way, my mistake.
    No worries. We all make mistakes It's a fairly recent thing to be able to do it. I was unable to do it when i worked at the big pink jesus back in the day.

Device(s)
    PPC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I have a pre paid tmo sidekick sim card in my hp mini but i had to use dummy as the used name and password to get it to connect. It's way too slow. Anyone know if the dummy apn is dummying down the connection speed?