Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile "Stealing" Prepaid Minutes

Phones
    Samsung Memoir
    Motorola V195
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile "Stealing" Prepaid Minutes

Occasionally, I will visit PrePaidReviews website just to read up on what people are saying about TMTG. Every time I would read a comment from someone who claimed to have had their minutes "stolen," I would just laugh. How could T-Mobile be "stealing" their minutes? That has NEVER happened to me. They must have been "yacking" away on their phone and lost track of their minutes, right? Wrong. I just refilled my account on Saturday. I got the usual text TM sends every time I refill my account. So, my new balance was 599 minutes on Saturday afternoon. Saturday night, I placed a Domino's order ONLINE. When the delivery guy arrived, he called me on my phone to let me know that he was in front of my house. That call lasted 7 seconds. Before I went to bed Saturday, I checked my account. 598 minutes. Cool. I didn't use my phone AT ALL yesterday (Sunday). I just checked my prepaid account online and, as of yesterday (even though I didn't use my phone yesterday), August 2nd, @ 11:12 PM, my balance is now 536 minutes. So, somehow I lost 62 minutes without even using my phone. No, I'm not on the $1 a day plan. And even if I were, after deducting the $1 from my account, I should have been left with 588 minutes. But, I would have had to make a call for that to happen. I called CS and, of course, the CS rep made me feel like I'M the one who is confused and doesn't know what he's talking about. And since there is no online call history, I had no way of proving that I hadn't talked for 62 minutes. It was just my word. I am so upset right now. People, check your minutes often. If you don't, TM could be "stealing" your minutes without you even being aware of it.

Phones
    Samsung Memoir
    Motorola V195
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm, I just thought of something. Last month around this time, my minutes dropped from 180 one day to 130 minutes the next (60 minutes). I felt something was wrong but, convinced myself that maybe I THOUGHT I had 180 minutes on my account. I just had my number changed last month. Maybe the person who had the number before me was subscribed to a monthly service that cost $6 a month? My minutes are 10 cent each (.10 X 60= $6). Could that be the problem?

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Hmm, interesting theory...

But I did have a similar issue about a week ago. Had $13.xx on my account and one day I went to use it and there was $0.

It was on the $1/day plan but had not used it for some time. The airtime was good until late August.

I just asked the rep where my money went, she failed to answer the question but put $12.75 back on right away.

So we will never know what happened...
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carriers
    LycaMobile
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Something screwy is going on with T-Mobile ever since they revamped the website. From what I heard, T-Mobile only keeps the last five days of usage for your account. I had a couple of problems with them in the past. Everyone should make sure they check their account balance everyday so they could catch a potential problem. Chances are if there is a problem, they will be able to tell you exactly who you called or texted.

I also heard they were in the process of discontinuing outsourced companies. What kind of effect this will have on rates and such, I don't know. I can only imagine a change for the better. T-Mobile was the best prepaid around before they outsourced.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    According to my call log (on phone) available balance matches what is listed on T-Mobile's web site. The only time I've "lost" in the last month is the 21 minutes due to rounding up to the next minute. I will keep a close watch on it though.

Phones
    Samsung Memoir
    Motorola V195
    Feedback Score
    I just called CS for the second time today. The rep I spoke to this time told me that I downloaded "something" on Saturday. First he said I downloaded a game. When I told him that I never downloaded any game, he said, "Not a game. I meant two ringtones." I felt like an idiot talking to this guy, he just kept making things up as he went along. I never downloaded any game or ringtones and I know I didn't talk to anyone for 62 minutes yesterday because I did not use my phone. I kept repeating this to him. Eventually, he gave me my minutes back. So, now my balance is back to 598 minutes. I hope this doesn't happen again next month.

Phones
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Sold Nokia >> , N97,N900, E72, 5800, E71, N73, N80
    TMobile SDA
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Truphone Anywhere
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfocused
    Hmmm, I just thought of something. Last month around this time, my minutes dropped from 180 one day to 130 minutes the next (60 minutes). I felt something was wrong but, convinced myself that maybe I THOUGHT I had 180 minutes on my account. I just had my number changed last month. Maybe the person who had the number before me was subscribed to a monthly service that cost $6 a month? My minutes are 10 cent each (.10 X 60= $6). Could that be the problem?

Umm... 180-130=50 minutes. not 60 minutes.

Phones
    Samsung Memoir
    Motorola V195
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotick
    Umm... 180-130=50 minutes. not 60 minutes.
    You're right. That should have been 190, not 180. 191, to be exact. I just checked the text message TM sent me after I refilled last month. My minutes went from 191 on 7/2 to 130 minutes on 7/3.

Feedback Score
    any possibility the phone dialed a number by accident? i have called a number of people by accident when my phone was in my pocket :-)

Phones
    Nokia 3595
    SE T610
    QCP-860
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    ATTWS
    Feedback Score
    If it did, it would have shown in the call record.

Phone
    WECO 2565
    Carrier
    GoogleVoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfocused
    ...I would just laugh. How could T-Mobile be "stealing" their minutes? .....

And since there is no online call history, I had no way of proving that I hadn't talked for 62 minutes. It was just my word..
    Gee, do you think that lack of a way of verifying usage is accidental?

Phones
    Samsung Memoir
    Motorola V195
    Feedback Score
    Well, it happened again. Went to bed last night with 534 minutes on my account. Now, this morning, there's 504 minutes on the account.

Carriers
    T-Mobile ~ previously used:
    Cingular, Bell Atlantic Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Glad I found this thread. My minutes have seemed to be dropping like flies, but I haven't been paying attention to exactly what my balance is from week to week much less day to day (I use the cell a couple of time a week). As of today, I'm going to begin tracking my usage and balance.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    As a guy ready to select an MVNO to replace my VZW postpay, this is a concern. I mean, what good is a low rate if they're going to deduct minutes from your account for no reason?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trejoy
    Glad I found this thread. My minutes have seemed to be dropping like flies,!
    You should've found this thread where the original poster here figured out that he was getting billed for a game he ordered:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1565372

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast