Thread: Switching from Straight Talk to Page Plus without double-paying for service...

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Switching from Straight Talk to Page Plus without double-paying for service...

Hey all,

I currently have a Straight Talk plan/phone, but with the advent of the new unlimited plans, I decided to switch to Page Plus for the greater phone selection. I bought an EnV3 on ebay and it should be here within the week.

The trouble is, my current service with Straight Talk ends tomorrow. I don't want to pay for another month's service when I'd only need less than a week. I also don't want to lose my number.

So what I was wondering is, can I port my number to Page Plus on their Talk N Text plan, to be grandfather to the unlimited plan, and use my current ST phone until my EnV3 arrives? Then do an ESN swap(?) from the W385 to the EnV3? Also, because my service ends tomorrow, would that leave enough time for the port to make sure I don't lose the number?

I'm new to all of this and rather confused

Thanks for any help/advice

Feedback Score
    It will depend on your current carrier. When your current service ends, does that company automatically deactivate the number? If so, you will need to either port the number now or have the double pay. If they have a grace period for you to renew the account where they will keep it active but non-operational, then you have that option. A cell phone carrier cannot reject a port due to a balance due when the number is still active.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They have a 30 day grace period

I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with ST and PP customer support and got the ball rolling.. they confirmed it'd work as I had hoped. Just hoping ST is quick with the port..

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oy! Got a text from Verizon saying the old carrier was delaying the port. Called Page Plus, they said to call Straight Talk, Straight Talk said the porting department was closed for the day. Oh well.. there's always tomorrow

Feedback Score
    Straight Talk is really Tracfone.....and they have been known to hold up ports for weeks before. Good luck...I hope yours goes much faster.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It did! I called them when I got up this morning, and after about 15 minutes of being on the phone, the number was released almost instantly and I called up PP and activated my phone with them I did get the feeling that if I hadn't called them it would have taken forever.

For anybody who may be doing this in the future, the account number for Straight Talk is the MEID of your phone, and the passcode is the last four digits of your phone #.

Feedback Score
    So Josher, you can now use your orginal Straight Talk phone on Page Plus? Your W385?
    Then Straight Talk phones can be used on Page Plus right? Whoa. I thought ALL Tracfone brands locked it down tighter then a virgin with multiple chastity belts.
    That would be a helluva edge against Straight Talk on Page Plus's part. Bring your old Straight Talk phone. We'll activate it !

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yessir. No web, but receiving MMS (haven't tried sending), SMS, and voice worked fine.