samsung alias 2 BEST PHONE EVER
    motorola verizon v3m razr
    virgin mobile super slice
    Carriers
    verizon
    sprint
    Feedback Score

how can i get my name to show up on caller-id

Okay, i have the samsung alias2....When i call a landline it says unknown name but then list my number..but my friends landlines have a setting where if it dosn't show the name, the call will not go through and this is so annoying I just switched from sprint and they allowed me to display my name but Verizon will not allow me when i call them and ask them...why is this, can i do it myself like online on my verizon..my mom has att and my friend has tmobile and they ALL can display your name if you like.

Feedback Score
    VZW does not have that feature. I agree, it is quite annoying. The only exception that I know of is that those who ported from a landline to VZW can keep the name from their landline.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cybikko123
    VZW does not have that feature. I agree, it is quite annoying. The only exception that I know of is that those who ported from a landline to VZW can keep the name from their landline.
    Yeah this is the only exception. They do this tho to keep telemarketers from getting your number.
    v Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).

Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in Birmingham, AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).^

Speed Test with DSL internet with AT&T(Bellsouth). Horrible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude
    Yeah, they do this to keep telemarketers from getting your number.
    It's my understanding that Caller ID with Name works by carriers sharing name data from their billing systems with other carriers. How would this be related to telemarketing?

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    Droid2 (spouse)
    OG Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon (since July 2005)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liliceman77
    .... my friends landlines have a setting where if it dosn't show the name, the call will not go through .....
    This is more your 'friends' problem than yours. They have to learn to live in the real world... they are blocking out every Verizon cell caller, not just yours, and perhaps many other legitimate callers.

Most cellphones and cordless landline phones have a feature where it will show the name of the contact as it is programmed into the phone if the caller ID name info is not transmitted. If your number was programmed into their phones, your name would show up if they didn't block all calls without CID NAME.

I don't follow the logic in blocking callers without NAME info. Many telemarketers have phony or misleading CID NAME info programmed in. So they are blocking legitimate callers and allowing scammers to call through with that kind of a block. They would be better to have a landline service that provides a "white list" of allowed callers and send everyone else to voicemail. Then you could get on their white list and not have a problem.

It's really their problem, not yours, that you can't get through.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cybikko123
    It's my understanding that Caller ID with Name works by carriers sharing name data from their billing systems with other carriers. How would this be related to telemarketing?
    You need to rewind a bit, and go back to before the "Do Not Call" laws.

The telemarketers wanted to start calling cell phones really bad. They had already started to file lawsuits to force cell phone carriers, to hand over their lists of customers' names and numbers.

The lawsuits were founded on the premise that if the carriers shared their customer data with others (like to support Caller ID Name), then it really wasn't proprietary. And therefore, the telemarketers wanted the courts to order it be shared with them.

To defend against this, VZW (and only VZW) countered by not sharing their customer info with anyone; including other carriers for the purpose of supporting Caller ID Name. It is interesting that all the other cell phone carriers weren't going to bother fighting the telemarketers in court.

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    [3G] Network Extender (VZW femtocell) SWEET!
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ...but my friends landlines have a setting where if it dosn't show the name, the call will not go through
    Bad bad friends. This is extraordinarily stupid. Sorry.

-Frank

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    ..but my friends landlines have a setting where if it dosn't show the name, the call will not go through and ...
    If you are writing about ACR (Anonymous Call Reject), I have that on my landline. It blocks only blocked Caller ID (Caller ID tagged as "Private"), and does not block because of the lack of any Caller ID info.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, when I call a landline from my Verizon cell phone, the caller ID says "Wireless Caller - NY".

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There was an extensive thread on this same question a couple of months ago.

Edit: Found it
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1537145

Feedback Score
    Mine just show's Alabaster, AL

Phones
    samsung alias 2 BEST PHONE EVER
    motorola verizon v3m razr
    virgin mobile super slice
    Carriers
    verizon
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    So, there is no way for them to show your name or at least the city,state you a re calling from. Verizon dosn't let you personalize anything not your claller-id settings or the ring time on your cell phone.

Phones
    Droid Incredible
    Moto Droid(Sold)
    Blackberry Tour(Sold)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No there is not a way.

Feedback Score
    So, there is no way for them to show your name or at least the city,state you a re calling from. Verizon dosn't let you personalize anything not your claller-id settings or the ring time on your cell phone.
    Actually it usually does show up with the city and state for the name. If it isn't, that's an issue with the receiving phone company. Caller ID data showing up properly or how it shows up is the responsibility of the receiving phone company. I know where I like it shows at either Cellular Phone IN, or City Name, IN depending on the receiving phone company.