Thread: Now that Sprint Owns Virgin and Boost Mobile CDMA...Which has better coverage?

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Now that Sprint Owns Virgin and Boost Mobile CDMA...Which has better coverage?

Which company has the best service? Both owned by Sprint and is on the Sprint Network, so who really have better service? Boost Mobile CDMA or VIrgin Mobile? Im mean as in service and coverage?
    Tha Beat Bully

Phone
    LG Optimus T
    Carrier
    WFM
    Feedback Score
    I would guess that they would be the same...would they not? VM and Boost CDMA both used Sprint ONLY towers and could not roam off the network right? So I guess coverage would really depend on who has the most sensitive phones.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jac1599
    I would guess that they would be the same...would they not? VM and Boost CDMA both used Sprint ONLY towers and could not roam off the network right? So I guess coverage would really depend on who has the most sensitive phones.
    I was thinking that but I have some people telling me that Virgin Mobile service was better and Im like hows that if they both uses sprint network. I use a sprint phone on Boost and my service is pretty good.

Phone
    BoostBerry 7520
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would say between unlimited prices now that boost has them beat. I have no clues if the two pre-paids really have much difference.
    BoostBerrys are awesome
    Check out my twitter page which I update a lot from my boostberry!My twitter

Phones
    Motorola Stature i9
    Motorola Rokr Z6m
    Samsung R-450 Messager
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It is the same

If you were not allowed to roam both services would use sprint towers so really it would come down on what phone you are using. Some phones have better signal capability's than others

Feedback Score
    Coverage Even. Customer service. Boost cdma. Phone selection if you count the Sprint option: Boost cdma. Price: Again Boost cdma has unlimited talk/text/web. VM , only talk.
    Boost cdma. Area code issue: VM. Boost can give you area codes from only 13 states. VM is every state. Long term survival. VM. Considering Sprint just bought them and is grooming them to be their mainstay in cdma prepaid. Boost cdma will either grow a little , hold its own for a while longer , or wither on the vine.When it withers, they will either be rolled into VM or Boost iden.

I don't think Sprint wants to lose any customers though, Boost iden, cdma or VM. The more the merrier. They are obviously kicka a** on the prepaid side. Ceo Dan Hesse should really pay more attention to the contract side.

Sprint should really market itself as "Your friend in the recession" or something to emphasize its value. It still doesn't have a true identity like the other three big companies do . Verizon/network. Att/iphone. Tmobile/Service. Sprint? Now Network?
    Well, we've got a recession NOW.

Carriers
    VM, for daughter text'n
    VZW EV-DO....internet,
    Feedback Score
    hey guys new to this forum, thought i'd give my 2 cents on boost vs. virgin, I dropped my prepaid plan on USC to go to Virgin Mobile, my research on the VM site showed my address in a HOT spot for coverage! went and bought an LG Flare and airtime cards to set up on the unlimited plan. got home from store....NO SERVICE! or 1 bar that i just couldnt handle with all the static. CS rep said it had to be the phone....okay, went back to store. got refund. decided to give up, found out I would not be given a refund on air time! so bought second phone different model, went home...NO Service! tried 1 more older virgin branded phone a friend gave me......NO bars or only 1! called VM CS many times, 1 guy said ok sir we send you refund soon...(foreighner) no dice! He out right lied to me, VIRGIN MOBILE DOES NOT REFUND PURCHASED AIRTIME CARDS! even if you get home, to find you have ery poor or NO service. Went to walmart, gotr a boost Mobile candy bar phone for 40 bucks W/5$ airtime card inc. went home, activated it....FULL BARS/SERVICE! spent 3 days over that weekend with that lil 5$ card. bought a 50$ card on monday, paid no taxes on it, still talking away.....also I easily tethered this I290 moto candybar phone to my pc....at lowspeeds mind you, I'm tethered as I type this now. Don't care for the IDEN service though, gonna go thru the motions to get set up on the CDMA side of BOOST, hope it lasts.....lol.

Carriers
    VM, for daughter text'n
    VZW EV-DO....internet,
    Feedback Score
    BTW, the money I lost with VM was 1-50$ and 1-10$ airtime card, required to get setup, plus 9.75% sales tax. if I had used Credit card air time perhaps would have beeb refunded not sure, just know 1 guy lied to me, 1 guy couldnt get new phone activated, anf 1 guy was nice and truthful...blah blah blah

Phone
    Moto i465
    Carrier
    Boost Unlimited
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Same problem with Virgin mobile not refunding me a $30 air card. Only I was trying to refund it because for some reason I couldn't get the code on the back of the card to work. Would never credit me with the airtime. After about 6 months of constant CS hassling and numerous department transfers, I finally gave in. NO money refunded. You win this time VM foreign customer service...

Boost FTW!

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Virgin Mobile sounds like its a nightmare!!!

Carriers
    VM, for daughter text'n
    VZW EV-DO....internet,
    Feedback Score

my retraction.....

Quote Originally Posted by boostluva7227
    hey guys new to this forum, thought i'd give my 2 cents on boost vs. virgin, I dropped my prepaid plan on USC to go to Virgin Mobile, my research on the VM site showed my address in a HOT spot for coverage! went and bought an LG Flare and airtime cards to set up on the unlimited plan. got home from store....NO SERVICE! or 1 bar that i just couldnt handle with all the static. CS rep said it had to be the phone....okay, went back to store. got refund. decided to give up, found out I would not be given a refund on air time! so bought second phone different model, went home...NO Service! tried 1 more older virgin branded phone a friend gave me......NO bars or only 1! called VM CS many times, 1 guy said ok sir we send you refund soon...(foreighner) no dice! He out right lied to me, VIRGIN MOBILE DOES NOT REFUND PURCHASED AIRTIME CARDS! even if you get home, to find you have ery poor or NO service. Went to walmart, gotr a boost Mobile candy bar phone for 40 bucks W/5$ airtime card inc. went home, activated it....FULL BARS/SERVICE! spent 3 days over that weekend with that lil 5$ card. bought a 50$ card on monday, paid no taxes on it, still talking away.....also I easily tethered this I290 moto candybar phone to my pc....at lowspeeds mind you, I'm tethered as I type this now. Don't care for the IDEN service though, gonna go thru the motions to get set up on the CDMA side of BOOST, hope it lasts.....lol.
    Well, far be it from me to admit I was wrong. a day or so after my original post(above) I received a check in the Mail from Virgin Mobile for 60$ ( I still ate the taxes....lol ) So the first person did in fact not lie to me, but the one who said they don't refund Airtime cards did! So if this happens, just pester them as nice as you can, maybe you too will get your money back.

Phone
    Moto i465
    Carrier
    Boost Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    I have put in more than $30 worth of lost time trying to get it back. It is no longer worth fighting for... good to see that some people do win the fight against the damned outsourced CS! Kudos