Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: page plus vs boost mobile

Feedback Score

page plus vs boost mobile

hi guys,
    I am a dealer in Los Angeles. i personally love boost mobile(cdma...) . i have one for myself and all my friends have it. i think Matt Carter is doing a fantastic job after he took over. I've been selling wireless since 1998. I sell boost, metro, page plus, etc. lately, we are getting too many complaints about boost iden...text message delays, drop calls, etc...it just sometimes takes our time so much that we are busy handling customers' problems than selling...As for a dealer, we tend to sell products that's more customer friendly...now page plus has the unlimited talk and text for $40. and page plus can activate almost all clean esn verizon phones. that will definitely do a major damage to boost mobile and metro pcs.... sorry for mumbling and spellings. i had some beer after work cuz i am so tired from all these customer complaining about boost mobile today. i wish boost mobile come out with new cdma handsets soon. if you guys ask me my honest and humble opinion about boost mobile, i do not see a bright future for boost iden mobile...in near future.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Boost will most likely phase out CDMA, like they have, instead of expanding due to the costs of 3G CDMA data, especially on a smartphone that was never intended for the service.

Sprint now has Boost and Virgin Mobile, and I see them expanding Virgin's CDMA lineup in the future EXCEPT for data. As of now, they have a cap of 50 MB for mobile purchase, and I really never see that becoming unlimited in the near future.

PagePlus is nice, however, useless for many people because 20 MB of data is basically nothing unless you're using Opera Mini.

My 2 cents.

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    I view it like this: People need patience.

I'm on Boost iDEN, haven't had much trouble and at the same time I understand that the iDEN network was lying close to dormant for awhile.
    Improvements are being made and Sprint has contracted one of the bigger European companies, Ericcson, to oversee day to day network operations, upkeep and updates.

They realize the plan is popular, what everyone else needs to realize is it's going to take time to implement improvements to the network. You're not going to whip around a cruise ship packing over a million new subscribers with the speed and agility of a jet ski.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceno
    You're not going to whip around a cruise ship packing over a million new subscribers with the speed and agility of a jet ski.
    Clever analogy. I'm going to have to use that one.

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Boost Mobile subscriber since 4/14/09 haven't had any issues with anything. If I did I'd drop them.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

$100 - 4 Lines (Framily)
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan

Feedback Score

Metro, Boost , Page Plus, Virgin Mobile

They all have strengths and weaknesses.
    Giving all of the cdma Boost guys the $50 everything will probably put the brakes on bleeding more customers. But lack of new handsets will probably make some users still head for the exit door. It's not like every other cdma Boost user knows about the Sprint option which so many Hofos know of.

Virgin Mobile has a long way to go to catch up with Boost iden for a successful plus body count. I just hope Sprint hasn't made another mistake.
    They are still paying for the Nextel merger with the exception of Boost unlimited. If Sprint is smart, they will revamp VM to have better rates, more /better phones and better cs asap. The first thing they should do is boost up their anemic $50 unlimited talk only plan. With all the competition now, it just ain't gonna cut it. At least add unlimited text and some web. Unlimited web would be better though. Considering they gave it to all the Boost cdma guys to keep them, why not offer it to get new VM people? If a Boost iden guy hates Boost iden, and a unlimited VM plan gets their attention, Sprint hasn't really lost a customer or any income really have they?

Page Plus : well, it is TALK N TEXT, not Talk n Text N DATA, yeah? This is hands down the best basic deal in Verizon prepaid today, mvno or not. I wonder if Verizon prepaid themselves will start adjusting prices. Especially now that Straight Talk isn't alone anymore. It's not like Verizon is known for cheap anything, especially data. Hell, the measly 30 megs on ST is strictly pokey 1xrtt. They should SLASH Verizon prepaid prices. Unlimited talk should be on a par with the old Page Plus rate of $2.49 but hey, that would piss off the postpaid guys paying $99 yeah? (even though their network is slightly superior to prepaid). Att did it $90 monthly unlimited prepaid talk vs $99 monthly postpaid unlimited talk. Why not? Or would they rather ST or PPC take them away?

If you don't need data, PPC is hard to beat in price and offerings. The phone issue. Not even one. Most Verizon and Alltel phones. That's a big selection. Not limited like VM, Boost iden and no flashinq like Metro which runs the risk of bricking it.

Boost iden. These guys are on again, off again. On again, off again. I have thoroughly washed my hands of this crap . The texting issue will never truly end. Ever. Move on if you need reliable texting. Or even calls. If some iden users insist they have good service now and they do, goodie gum drops for them. But Boost cdma just never had that problem to begin with. Period.

To OP: Metro PCS allows you to carry other prepaid unlimiteds in your inventory? I though Metro had some policy of insisting on flatrate prepaid unlimited exclusivity or some such?

Or have you actually had Boost and Page Plus BEFORE they had the unlimited plans and added Metro after? I mean, 1998? Dang , you are a veteran and these prepaid wars are far from over...

Phones
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Page Plus: Palm Pixi +
    AT&T:HP Pre3
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lejudicieux
    PagePlus is nice, however, useless for many people because 20 MB of data is basically nothing unless you're using Opera Mini.
    Just to clarify one thing. ST is limited to 30 MB of data. You are not limited to 20 MB of data on PP. You can buy as much as you like at 60c/meg. Not cheap, but it's available.

BTW, with PP you can roam for an additional cost. On ST, if you don't have a Verizon signal, you're out of luck. You can't roam on VM or Boost either. Now that Alltel coverage is included with PP, the roaming area is a LOT smaller.

Another (unintended?) "feature" of PP TnT, is if you don't have $39.95 in the account at renewal time, it reverts to PAYGO and you still have service as long as you have a balance and add at least $10 every 4 months. You can decide which months you need unlimited, and which months you don't if your usage (or paycheck) varies.
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    VZW_Prepaid, Virgin_Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Iden will be sold by Sprint soon after the Virgin Mobile acquisition is complete. They've already started to distance themselves from iden by outsourcing the maintenance of that network (this should also facilitate handing over the iden network to its new owners). Virgin Mobile will soon have additional services and products once Sprint begins to invest in VM's prepaid marketing and distribution. With the success of Boost Mobile and all the current positive press in addition to the abundant capacity on the Nextel/Boost (iden) network, Sprint should be able to get a fair market price for the network upon selling it. Sprint should also be able to replicate, with Virgin Mobile, the same success that they have had with Boost Mobile marketing and distribution both on a national level as well as on a local level. In order to capture all or most of the current Boost CDMA customers Sprint will need to offer a plan similar to the current Boost Mobile $50 UNLMTD Talk Text & Web (it should be fairly easy to implement this on VM because, as is the case with Boost Mobile, VM's ev-do data is also limited to Browsing the web with NO Tethering allowed -- although VM does allow limited downloads onto phones that include java). The $39 PP offer can easily be outperformed by VM with a $39. UNLMTD Talk & Text w/ 50Mb data Plan option.... This Price War will make for a very good 4th Quarter for everyone looking to BUY PrePaid Products & Services as well as for those Selling PrePaid products & services during this years Holiday Shopping Season.

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi
    Iden will be sold by Sprint soon after the Virgin Mobile acquisition is complete. They've already started to distance themselves from iden by outsourcing the maintenance of that network (this should also facilitate handing over the iden network to its new owners). Virgin Mobile will soon have additional services and products once Sprint begins to invest in VM's prepaid marketing and distribution. With the success of Boost Mobile and all the current positive press in addition to the abundant capacity on the Nextel/Boost (iden) network, Sprint should be able to get a fair market price for the network upon selling it. Sprint should also be able to replicate, with Virgin Mobile, the same success that they have had with Boost Mobile marketing and distribution both on a national level as well as on a local level. In order to capture all or most of the current Boost CDMA customers Sprint will need to offer a plan similar to the current Boost Mobile $50 UNLMTD Talk Text & Web (it should be fairly easy to implement this on VM because, as is the case with Boost Mobile, VM's ev-do data is also limited to Browsing the web with NO Tethering allowed -- although VM does allow limited downloads onto phones that include java). The $39 PP offer can easily be outperformed by VM with a $39. UNLMTD Talk & Text w/ 50Mb data Plan option.... This Price War will make for a very good 4th Quarter for everyone looking to BUY PrePaid Products & Services as well as for those Selling PrePaid products & services during this years Holiday Shopping Season.
    This could be the plan all along. I'm sure there are reasons some analysts have written about a possible Nextel iDEN sale recently.

Earlier this year right after the Boost Mobile $50 launch, I read about a "painful" year for T-Mobile and a possible price war throughout '09. I would lean towards an iDEN sale end of the year/early next year?

Phones
    Feedback Score
    The $39 PP offer can easily be outperformed by VM with a $39. UNLMTD Talk & Text w/ 50Mb data Plan option.....
    Outperform? Not likely. No matter how cheap VM is, they are stuck on Sprints relatively small 1900 PCS network compared with Page Plus on Alltel/Verizons large 850 Cellular network + optional roaming on USCC, etc. VM can't even cover many areas Boost 800 SMR covers.

That said, if one is happy with VM's urban/interstate service, no problem. VM certainly has the brand recognition and marketing budget to blow the doors off Page Plus in that respect. ST will bea bigger threat to VM than PP when they start selling handsets in every WalMart in the US.

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    Outperform? Not likely. No matter how cheap VM is, they are stuck on Sprints relatively small 1900 PCS network compared with Page Plus on Alltel/Verizons large 850 Cellular network + optional roaming on USCC, etc. VM can't even cover many areas Boost 800 SMR covers.

That said, if one is happy with VM's urban/interstate service, no problem.
    talking about the offer.... 50Mb is more than 20Mb.... and yes VZW does have a larger coverage footprint.... even though it's Sprint's (Boost Mobile's) footprint on their behind that VZW is responding to with the PP $39 Offer.

Phones
    Feedback Score
    even though it's Sprint's (Boost Mobile's) footprint on their behind that VZW is responding to with the PP $39 Offer.
    IMO, the network is part of the offer. That's why Cricket is so cheap. Actually, I think it was ST that PP was responding to. The plans are almost identical. Trakfone probably had ST in the works before Boost dropped their bombshell, but we can only speculate. Verizon may have had to adjust their wholesale price in response to the Boost, Cricket and Metro triple threat.

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Another (unintended?) "feature" of PP TnT, is if you don't have $39.95 in the account at renewal time, it reverts to PAYGO and you still have service as long as you have a balance and add at least $10 every 4 months. You can decide which months you need unlimited, and which months you don't if your usage (or paycheck) varies.
    That type of (Unintended?) behavior seems to be common practice with many of the US prepaid carriers. That's the price that one pays for having the ability to drop them like a bad habit without the Contract ETF penalties.

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    IMO, the network is part of the offer. That's why Cricket is so cheap.
    Nope.

See: Sprint (UNLMTD by Boost) vs Cricket / metropcs / other regional carriers... This was Sprint cdma being offered as a regional service with rates as low as $35 for UNLMTD Talk (with Options to expand calling area for $15 more... and optional plans w/ UNLMTD Text for $10 and UNLMTD web for $10).
    This was prior to the whole $50 Unlimited Everything on Nextel / iden...

Phone
    BoostBerry 7520
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I hope if boost gets sold that who ever buys them offers the same plans at the curent rates. If I could use my BB on pre-paid(using it t write this now) then I think I might either switch to criket or go back to tracfone. I have beenhappy with the service for the two days I've had it and haven't had any reason to switch in the line of dropped text or any of that. Even the web is a decent speed. Would recomend boost to all my friend and besides if you don"t have a phone for PP then the ones they have arn't very good and as for ST they have tracfone qulity phones, maybe worse.
    BoostBerrys are awesome
    Check out my twitter page which I update a lot from my boostberry!My twitter

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast