Thread: wrong outgoing caller id name

Phone
    LG Motion
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

wrong outgoing caller id name

I just found out yesterday that my outgoing caller id shows up with the wrong name when I called a home phone with CID. I called tracfone and they said they'd get it fixed. I was wondering if anyone had this problem before... and how long it took to get fixed?

-drew

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    None of my phones has ever shown a name with the number on outgoing calls. It either just shows Pennsylvania or wireless caller.

We don't own the numbers so there is no name on the accounts.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I have this now; the caller ID on my Net10 phone has some contractor's name on it.

I use GV so it's not a problem.

Phone
    LG Motion
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    None of my phones has ever shown a name with the number on outgoing calls. It either just shows Pennsylvania or wireless caller.

We don't own the numbers so there is no name on the accounts.

metropcs and att showed my name.. and before that sprint just showed daytona beach, FL...

i'd be happy with something generic like the city/state or wireless caller... just dont like the fact that it shows another person's name. tracfone just told me that something is probably wrong with the person's home CID. i've tried calling 3 different people and it shows the same name.. odd.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdrew
    tracfone just told me that something is probably wrong with the person's home CID. i've tried calling 3 different people and it shows the same name.. odd.
    Good luck getting it fixed seeing as how they don't understand that the name + number is transmitted to the person you are calling from your end and the display on their end has nothing to do with what gets shown.

On T-Mo you can choose to display the account holder's name, individual names for each line, or just the phone number - I chose the latter. On Boost I think you can pick as well but I don't really use my Boost phone so I just left it at whatever the default is.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy Note 3, Lumia 635: 5 lines, 3x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE ($10/mo for 5GB with hotspot)

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Well, now I can relate to this topic.

I activated a used tracfone with the glitch on Monday for a one day phone. I got a few strange text messages during that one day of service. I liked the number so I ported it to a Net10 phone. The port was final and the phone was active yesterday. Today I called home using the phone and my wife asked whose phone I was using.

The name on the caller id was Wilde Sherry.

It didn't help that I had been in town about 4 hours longer than I was suppose to be, but when I'm by myself at Home Depot and Lowes I look at everything.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    Well, now I can relate to this topic.

I activated a used tracfone with the glitch on Monday for a one day phone. I got a few strange text messages during that one day of service. I liked the number so I ported it to a Net10 phone. The port was final and the phone was active yesterday. Today I called home using the phone and my wife asked whose phone I was using.

The name on the caller id was Wilde Sherry.

It didn't help that I had been in town about 4 hours longer than I was suppose to be, but when I'm by myself at Home Depot and Lowes I look at everything.
    LOL........I wanna shop at your HD and Lowes!

So is it that the number is still associated with the previous owner who was actually a customer of the underlying carrier rather than an MVNO? I'm thinking that is the reason that cs cannot fix it. I would just ask to have the number changed. If the OP just now questioned all this it must be a new number for him/her.
    Click here to find out how to buy discounted PagePlus Refills from a Howardforums approved advertiser!

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Feedback Score
    How can I do this to my Tracfone?

I'd like to have the name show up "Wild Cherrie" ! Instead of whatever else shows up to calls I make.

How do I do this?

Phone
    LG Motion
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i've actually had the tracfone since february... but when metro pcs upgraded their services and i got "screen it" included in my plan i tried calling from my tracfone... that's when i noticed "Steadman Victor".... not as good as Wilde Sherry though

after i noticed that.. i called some friends with CID on their home phones and the same name came up.

also posted a message on the ATT forums since the phone runs on that network... but no help yet.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    LOL........I wanna shop at your HD and Lowes!

So is it that the number is still associated with the previous owner who was actually a customer of the underlying carrier rather than an MVNO? I'm thinking that is the reason that cs cannot fix it. I would just ask to have the number changed. If the OP just now questioned all this it must be a new number for him/her.
    That is all I can think of. Previouos account owner with the carrier.

Feedback Score

Outgoing Caller id shows wrong name

I had the same problem. My friends told me after a week of me using the Tracfone that a SD Joyner's name showing up, not my name. Then I started receiving voicemail messages for SD Joyner. After 2 days of Tracfone tech support ( what a joke it is there) Tech support said I should have my friends call their phone carriers to update their info!! Not tracfone's fault!! Obviously SD Joyner owned the phone before me. They did not offer a new phone/SIM card. I told them they just lost a customer. What a crock. Please do not use Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clegpeggy View Post
    I had the same problem. My friends told me after a week of me using the Tracfone that a SD Joyner's name showing up, not my name. Then I started receiving voicemail messages for SD Joyner. After 2 days of Tracfone tech support ( what a joke it is there) Tech support said I should have my friends call their phone carriers to update their info!! Not tracfone's fault!! Obviously SD Joyner owned the phone before me. They did not offer a new phone/SIM card. I told them they just lost a customer. What a crock. Please do not use Tracfone.
    Hate to tell you, but it has zero to do with the phone/sim and everything to do with the telephone number. Not to say that it isn't TF's issue, but that information is based on the number, not the phone or sim.

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdrew View Post
    metropcs and att showed my name.. and before that sprint just showed daytona beach, FL...
    Sprint shows my name.