T-Mobile myTouch
    Nokia E71
    Blackberry Flip 8220
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Blinking Green Light When Phone is OFF

Hey Everyone...

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my Blackberry 8220 Flip on T-mobile and any help would be greatly appreciated.... I hadn't used it in a while, and yesterday after putting my sim card in, wiping the phone, and charging the phone it turned on, made phone calls, and sent text messages fine. But when I turn it off the LED keeps blinking green.

The LED only blinks green when the phone is OFF. When the phone is powered on the green light stops completely. I double checked and the LED coverage indicator is turned OFF.

Anyone have any idea why the LED is blinking green only when the phone is off?? It never used to do this before and I couldn't find any information on it online.
    :-P Thanks <:8( )~~~

Feedback Score
    Are you certain that the phone is actually off when the green light is still flashing, or could it be in "standby mode". The reason I ask, is because the green LED light flashing all time, usually means that "LED Coverage indicator" has been turned on. While this doesn't continue to flash green while the phone is off, it will when the phone is in standby mode..........

The only other thing that I can think of, that would cause your LED to flash green when the phone is off, is when it's connected to a charging source.
    Last edited by Guest 123; 08-12-2009 at 09:57 PM.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When it flashes green when you have the phone off typically means it's fully charged. Although I've only seen it stay green..it flashes like a yellowish green when charging while off

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote Originally Posted by Bcollins521
    When it flashes green when you have the phone off typically means it's fully charged. Although I've only seen it stay green..it flashes like a yellowish green when charging while off
    I've never had my Bold continue to flash green, or even a solid green, unless it was connected to a charging source.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Right that's what I meant when connected to a charger while it's off it will flash yellowish green and then solid green when charged fully

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote Originally Posted by Bcollins521
    Right that's what I meant when connected to a charger while it's off it will flash yellowish green and then solid green when charged fully
    That's what I mentioned in post #2. I don't think this is the cause though.