Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Official Alltel Employee Thread, part II

Feedback Score
    As a former Alltel employee back in 2005-2006, I'd have to say that it was a pretty "dog eat dog" world in my retail store in Brunswick, GA. I was one of their top sales reps, but everyone was pretty much out for themselves. Where to begin? First of all, I couldn't stand the "BLOCS" process. You shouldn't teach reps how to sell. Sales is an art, you either have it or you don't. Second was the feature migration policy which my fellow reps would flat out refuse to follow. I would lose data features left and right as a result. Lastly was the customer base. I have never seen a group of more uneducated, whiny, demanding people in my entire life. People would come in, toss the phone on my desk and say it's a piece of crap without telling me exactly what's wrong with it. A lot of times, it would be a jailbroken Verizon phone, which I could do nothing to. The store would open at 9 am and close at 7 pm. By 8:15 in the morning, there would be cars parked outside waiting to get in. Don't these people have anything better to do?? Also, the ones that would show up after 7 pm and beat on the door demanding to be serviced. One lady, when I opened the door to let out a customer who was already in the store, put her child down in the door and used him as a human doorstop. I wasted no time calling the police on her. Another time, a state trooper came 20 minutes after the store was closed and demanded to be let in. I called Internal Affairs on her.

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YoFuggedaboutit View Post
    As a former Alltel employee back in 2005-2006, I'd have to say that it was a pretty "dog eat dog" world in my retail store in Brunswick, GA. I was one of their top sales reps, but everyone was pretty much out for themselves. Where to begin? First of all, I couldn't stand the "BLOCS" process. You shouldn't teach reps how to sell. Sales is an art, you either have it or you don't. Second was the feature migration policy which my fellow reps would flat out refuse to follow. I would lose data features left and right as a result. Lastly was the customer base. I have never seen a group of more uneducated, whiny, demanding people in my entire life. People would come in, toss the phone on my desk and say it's a piece of crap without telling me exactly what's wrong with it. A lot of times, it would be a jailbroken Verizon phone, which I could do nothing to. The store would open at 9 am and close at 7 pm. By 8:15 in the morning, there would be cars parked outside waiting to get in. Don't these people have anything better to do?? Also, the ones that would show up after 7 pm and beat on the door demanding to be serviced. One lady, when I opened the door to let out a customer who was already in the store, put her child down in the door and used him as a human doorstop. I wasted no time calling the police on her. Another time, a state trooper came 20 minutes after the store was closed and demanded to be let in. I called Internal Affairs on her.
    that was a lot of ranting for a first post. Glass is half empty huh?
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3