Thread: Net10 Call Restriction???

Phone
    LG 300G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Net10 Call Restriction???

Hello. I have a net10 phone (refurb LG 300g) that I activated about a week ago. At activation, I transferred my number from my old Net10 phone. I got to keep my number, and everything seemed to be fine... until I realized that I can't make or receive calls. Whenever I try to make a call, I get a message that "The service you are attempting to use has been restricted or is unavailable. Please contact customer care. Message GA 995 65" (God, I heard this so much that I can recite it from pure memory!). I reported the problem to the tech support many many times, but nothing seems to fix the problem. Is there something wrong with the sim card? Is anyone knowledgeable about this "message GA 995 65"? (By the way, I live in GA). Thanks in advance!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Someone may have the exact solution to your problem, but in the meantime have you tried turning the phone off and then back on to see if it will update?

Phones
    LG VX 8360
    Motorola W175G
    LG VX5500
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Have you checked the call restrictions settings on your phone. The previous owner might have changed the default settings. Here's a link to the lg300 manual: http://www.lge.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/LG300%20UG.pdf. Refer to p. 66.

Of course, TF may have disabled this feature through its firmware, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Phone
    LG 300G
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tedison
    Have you checked the call restrictions settings on your phone. The previous owner might have changed the default settings. Here's a link to the lg300 manual: http://www.lge.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/LG300%20UG.pdf. Refer to p. 66.

Of course, TF may have disabled this feature through its firmware, but it doesn't hurt to check.
    Thanks for your suggestion, but I don't think there's call restriction settings on my phone... I might just have to keep calling the customer service..