Thread: Embee Mobile Wallet: Supposed to help you earn free minutes for 20 prepaid carriers

Feedback Score

Embee Mobile Wallet: Supposed to help you earn free minutes for 20 prepaid carriers

I stumbled across this while looking at bonus programs for Virgin Mobile. It was very briefly mentioned once on a Hofo's post quoting the demise of Sugar Mama from Prepaid Reviews.

It's called Embee Mobile Wallet. It is an App for Facebook. It supposedly earns you so called Embee minutes which can be redeemed with 20 different prepaid wireless carriers for not just minutes but for texts/messages and data too.
    I don't know if there is a limit to how many you can earn in a time frame but you get your minutes by filling out surveys.
    Here are the carriers that are supposedly supported:
    * Airlink Mobile
    * Alltel Wireless
    * AT&T
    * Boost Mobile
    * Cricket Wireless
    * i-Wireless
    * Liberty Wireless
    * Locus GSM
    * Net 10
    * O2 Plus
    * Omni Prepaid
    * Oxygen Wireless
    * Platinum Tel
    * SouthernLINC
    * STi Mobile
    * T-Mobile USA
    * Total Call Mobile
    * Tracfone
    * Verizon Wireless
    * Virgin Mobile
    http://www.embeemobile.com/products.html

Lot of people on their facebook site. 1700 sign ups. Some complaints, but Virgin Mobile Sugar Mama was never reliable completely either.

Any one with any experience using this app /these guys?

Facts are greatly preferred over just opinions. Opinions backed by facts/experience is acceptable also. Thanks.

Phones
    Nokia 2610, 6030b, 2118, 2280, 3555b, 6215i
    Sony Ericsson K300i; Samsung SGH-t109
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    T-Mobile USA; AT&T Mobility USA; Vodafone NZ; 2degrees NZ
    Feedback Score
    Probably the biggest problem I see is accumulating the points. Albeit with VZW prepaid, you have to get minutes in the refill amounts listed; you cannot say get something small like $2 at a time if you are, say, 'desperate' for minutes.

Does that help?

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Alcatel One Touch Fierce :: Nokia Lumia 710 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Alcaltel OneTouch Fierce ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue 023
    I stumbled across this while looking at bonus programs for Virgin Mobile. It was very briefly mentioned once on a Hofo's post quoting the demise of Sugar Mama from Prepaid Reviews.

It's called Embee Mobile Wallet. It is an App for Facebook. It supposedly earns you so called Embee minutes which can be redeemed with 20 different prepaid wireless carriers for not just minutes but for texts/messages and data too.
    I don't know if there is a limit to how many you can earn in a time frame but you get your minutes by filling out surveys.
    Here are the carriers that are supposedly supported:
    * Airlink Mobile
    * Alltel Wireless
    * AT&T
    * Boost Mobile
    * Cricket Wireless
    * i-Wireless
    * Liberty Wireless
    * Locus GSM
    * Net 10
    * O2 Plus
    * Omni Prepaid
    * Oxygen Wireless
    * Platinum Tel
    * SouthernLINC
    * STi Mobile
    * T-Mobile USA
    * Total Call Mobile
    * Tracfone
    * Verizon Wireless
    * Virgin Mobile
    http://www.embhowardforumsle.com/products.html

Lot of people on their facebook site. 1700 sign ups. Some complaints, but Virgin Mobile Sugar Mama was never reliable completely either.

Any one with any experience using this app /these guys?

Facts are greatly preferred over just opinions. Opinions backed by facts/experience is acceptable also. Thanks.
    I have not heard of that before so I went to their page and it wanted my phone number, I would be really interested but I do not want any site to be sending me text messages which eat up my balance.

It didn't say on the page to register with them if they send you balance eating text messages or not. I will wait to hear from some who have signed up for this service before I register.

What were the kinds of complaints?

Carrier
    AT&T ( GoPhone )
    Feedback Score
    From the video it looks like you take surveys and let it mine your ( and your friends ) personal information as well as allowing it to keep tabs on your phone usage for a discount and possibly free stuff. The vibe I get is *stay away*.

The FB page makes it more clear. You signup, complete surveys and "offers" ( you buy something and they give you embee minutes ). The twitter page makes references to "mobile monitization". It's a great gig for them, you do things that make them cold hard cash and they pay you in some sort of discounted minutes and other smaller items.

It has 1700 users and they can't seem to keep it up and running smoothly with complaints about delayed and missing "minutes"

Thanks but no thanks.

Feedback Score
    I have used the product. The reason for the phone number when you sign up is because it need to validate your phone number to register the account. It won't send you text messages to eat up your balance.

In taking the offers and surveys, there is a delay in receiving credits sometimes, but that is a *general* problem with a lot of FB games and apps that I use as well (it has to do with companies like Offerpal, SuperRewards who control the approvals, not Embee).

I looked into the history of the company, it's only been around for a couple months.

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Alcatel One Touch Fierce :: Nokia Lumia 710 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Alcaltel OneTouch Fierce ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileslate
    I have used the product. The reason for the phone number when you sign up is because it need to validate your phone number to register the account. It won't send you text messages to eat up your balance.

In taking the offers and surveys, there is a delay in receiving credits sometimes, but that is a *general* problem with a lot of FB games and apps that I use as well (it has to do with companies like Offerpal, SuperRewards who control the approvals, not Embee).

I looked into the history of the company, it's only been around for a couple months.
    I read the complaints on their Facebook page about people not getting the minutes they were supposed to by completing surveys and purchasing items, one person said they were due 500 minutes from buying something. On T~Mobile prepaid 500 minutes costs about $50. That really seems a bit too good to be true.

How do they send you your 'free' minutes earned after you do the surveys and buy stuff?

As far as them mining stuff from my Facebook account, I don't actually use that account for anything real, I'm just there to help out a friend who wanted someone to play that Vampire game with, it has none of my real personal information on my profile there, not even my real name, city or age. I pretty much think of Facebook as a big time waster.

Feedback Score

Questions for Mobileslate

Good to see a Hofo has actually had experience with Embee. I hope you don't mind me asking some specific questions that are looking to be answered Mobileslate: Based on your experience,
    how many minutes/texts/data have you won as a max at any one time?
    Carrier? And how long did it take to get your rewards? Also, do you actually have to buy anything? There must be some completely free surveys as having to buy something doesn't really make it "free". Information from your experience would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Feedback Score

San Fransisco Embee Mobile

SnowyWhite: You obviously need to be selective on the Offers and Surveys on the application, but you do not have to "buy" anything to get credits. Once you have enough credits, you can redeem them for a top-up.

As far as Facebook goes, yes, there are a lot of games on the platform, Embee Mobile is one application that is able provide value instead of entertainment.

---------------
    Big Blue 023: After taking the surveys, I earn credits which are worth the equivalent from $0.20 to $5.00 or more. Once I have enough credits, I can redeem them for top-ups. They really do have a choice of 20 mobile operators in the United States. Credits from surveys typically take anywhere from 15 minutes to a day or so. But once you redeem the credits for a top-up, that's pretty quick. In terms of buying anything, there are surveys which require your time to complete, but you can select those where you do not need to buy anything.

Carrier
    AT&T ( GoPhone )
    Feedback Score
    I have used the product.

Since your *only* posts are on this thread and your home page has surprisingly similar links to the embee twitter page I have to ask. Are you, or someone you know, affiliated with this company/application?

Feedback Score
    Hi I'm affiliated with the company. To be true to the spirit of this forum, I do not want to risk directly advertising our services. But I'm happy to reply to any questions.

> How do they send you your 'free' minutes earned after you do the surveys and buy stuff?

Its like a Frequent Flyer Program. Its based on a point system called "Embee Minutes". Just as "miles" are redeemable for travel-related products & services, our "minutes" are redeemed for mobile-related products & services. We have relationships that enable us to add credits to any supported prepaid phone account within seconds.

We make money directly from the companies & mobile service providers involved in the program. That is why this service is completely free to customers.

>As far as them mining stuff from my Facebook account,

We don't share your phone number or your Facebook data with anyone. We only ask for the carrier & phone number once for validation purposes -- it is a single & standard text message, which costs the standard text message rate. We do not bill anything to your phone or credit card.

Feel free to send us more questions any time. support@embeemobile.com

Russell

Feedback Score
    Page Plus was added to this list of supported carriers a little while back.

Phones
    VM AudioVox 8500
    VM KYOCERA K9
    Carrier
    Virginmobileusa
    Feedback Score
    Here is my contribution to this discussion. It's a copy from my previous post on the following thread for anyone who cares:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5#post13728185

Quote Originally Posted by ericortman
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericortman
    Hi - I'm with Embee and just wanted to respond to a few things.

First on the videos, check out the gWallet tab, that's where you'll find the videos. If they don't post any, then they're out of inventory. Just check back, gWallet posts new videos regularly.

Also, I want to assure you that Embee is not a scam, and we don't keep any personal information entered through any offer or survey. Additionally, we don't make money unless you get your Embee Minutes, so we have every incentive to help you. Re surveys, just like with the videos running out of inventory, sometimes with the surveys the market research group fills its quota for certain demographics.

We're sorry you weren't happy with the service, but appreciate the feedback. We hope you change your mind, and if you have any further needs you can always contact us at support@embhowardforumsle.com.

I JUST CHECKED - STILL NO FREE VIDEOS FOR OVER A WEEK NOW! Besides that, okay, I can accept that EMBEE in itself is not intentionally scamming folks, but many of these "offers" are from companies that are, some not, perhaps but it is a bit risky to even click/"view". Initially I did an EMBEE marathon to get as many free minutes as possible, but for the most part the effort went "unrewarded". Not only did I not get the free minutes, even after submitting the proof of completion, my computer got infested with a bunch data-mining flash "shared-objects" with are similar to cookies but worse. You give the site your "contact" info and they in turn "bug your computer" with a flashplayer cookie. Nice, but no thanks.

The best way to cleanse your computer of these things is online through the adobe flash manager tool to change your settings, much like your browser settings for cookies. Here is the link:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/d..._manager07.html

Also, here is a good short article to read regarding the "shared objects":

http://blog.ickydime.com/2008/12/ho...ed-objects.html

Anyway, happy hunting everyone, embee at your own risk.
    Here we go loop de loop....
    "What? Me, worry?" A.E. Newman

Phones
    C510a, W610i
    W810i
    Nokia Shade
    Carriers
    AT&T-mobile;
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well I use it but am not sure how enthusiastic I am. As mentioned, the videos are in short supply. They yield 1 "minute" for a view and that translates to $0.10, at least for Verizon. Thus your minimum is 150 points for a $15 refill.

I like the versatility but so many of the offers seem low rent. You can spot the survey signup pages a mile away, and they don't seem to understand that we Prepaid users don't go for much of that. 3 or 4 surveys that I went into without giving a bunch of personal info rejected me based on the questions asked; they don't want my input. Sometimes user gets to vent "bad experience" which is what happened there. Some of the offers like BidSauce seem uncool. I think it is is like a lottery and we are not doing that. Others, like legit businesses are fine -- if I have need for offered products I will consider using it. At least surfjunky is not in the advertisers.