Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial freebies/bonuses from Straight Talk. Enjoy them while we can!

Feedback Score

Unofficial freebies/bonuses from Straight Talk. Enjoy them while we can!

These quirks are all due probably to ghosts in the machine or due to the fact that the ST system is so new there are still a lot of bugs. Anyway, known goodies from Straight Talk that give you extras not on their official list.
    Think of it as a new user bonus. Offer subject to revocation by Tracfone /ST at any time with no prior warning. You may or may not be eligible for this offer. YMMV.

1)Free mobile to mobile with Verizon users. According to some ST users, their friends talking to them with Verizon m2m "in" calling are not being charged when they talk to ST people.

2)International texts. Supposedly can't be done. But we have a documented case of an early ST user /Hofo who was able to receive an int'l text from New Zealand and answer back. No data on whether you can initiate first text out. Int'l phone calls can't be dialed out but can be received. TOS says int'l texting is a no no and warns you w/ a possible revocation of services. Don't use it too much.

3) Free rollover on unused data on both unlimited/1000 minute plans.
    This is also confirmed. Nice bonus. No confirmation if this also applies to the minutes and mms in the 1000 minute plan. But hey, rollover is rollover.

4)ST phones can be activated and used on Page Plus Cellular with no major flash/modifications. Two ex ST people from Hofo are now on PP. Page Plus is a Verizon prepaid reseller like ST , but allows roaming with additional charges.

So if any of the first three free bonuses get revoked, you can always protest by jumping over to PPC, but do that before they revoke that too!

Enjoy them if you got 'em as long as you can, as much as you can. Pretty much guaranteed Tracfone and company will revoke them eventually.ST

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knowbody09
    Think of it as a new user bonus. Offer subject to revocation by Tracfone /ST at any time with no prior warning. You may or may not be eligible for this offer. YMMV.
    Enjoy them if you got 'em as long as you can, as much as you can. Pretty much guaranteed Tracfone and company will revoke them eventually.ST
    With tracs track record of blacklisting fones from their system I would be very careful enjoying the quirks of ST as long as or as much as you can. Their history shows that they will not hesitate to terminate a fone for taking advantage of quirks/glitches in their system.
    I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The bit about ST customers considered "m2m" is not a glitch. Their numbers are still Verizon's and that's why they are considered m2m. Same goes for TracFone with their AT&T and VZW-based handsets.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Toyota | let's go places

Primary: iPhone 5S and LG G2: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, myFaves, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $88/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE | Galaxy Tab 3 w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY
    The bit about ST customers considered "m2m" is not a glitch. Their numbers are still Verizon's and that's why they are considered m2m. Same goes for TracFone with their AT&T and VZW-based handsets.
    I should have been a little more clear with my reply. I wasn't making reference to all of the OP's listed quirks. Only #2 and #3. Thanks IsLand_BoY!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    I should have been a little more clear with my reply. I wasn't making reference to all of the OP's listed quirks. Only #2 and #3. Thanks IsLand_BoY!
    Oops, my reply wasn't directed toward you as a correction. Just a general FYI that I've verified myself on both VZW and AT&T along with their MVNOs with regards to m2m usage.

I agree though - TracFone (I'm tempted to start referring to them as America Movil as a whole since they now have three brands in the US) is over zealous with blacklisting phones. I'm reluctant to build a bank of minutes for fear of being blacklisted and I hardly use my prepaid phones - they're just a backup - so I've moved on to carriers like Page Plus and Boost Mobile where I don't have the fear of losing the minutes I've accumulated.

If TracFone doesn't want me as a customer, that's fine with me. I have my primary postpaid phone and my prepaids are just an indulgence.

Feedback Score
    So Island Boy, does the free m2m for mvnos cover just America Movil brands or do you know if it extends to other Non AM Mvnos like Page Plus for Verizon and Locus O2 to Att? You it was a general fyi so it seems to not just mean America Movil alone.
    Thanks.

Phones
    Sprint Samsung Rant
    Boost motorola 425i
    ATT Motorola Razor
    Carriers
    sprint Sero
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    OP--nice post! I would like to add that others have reported that T/T do rollover on the $30/month plan. Reported by a couple at Slickdeals.

BigBlue--it has been reported that "IN" minutes are hit/miss on PP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes4u
    OP--nice post! I would like to add that others have reported that T/T do rollover on the $30/month plan. Reported by a couple at Slickdeals.
    What is T/T ?

Phones
    Sprint Samsung Rant
    Boost motorola 425i
    ATT Motorola Razor
    Carriers
    sprint Sero
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiangel
    What is T/T ?
    talk and text

Feedback Score
    Thanks bikes4u. My favorite one is number four, the ultimate get out of jail card: being able to use ST phones on Page Plus if ST ever starts getting screwy. Great escape clause! Lol. Makes me wonder if they can also be used on Verizon prepaid and other mvznos?

Feedback Score
    Thanks bikes4u. My favorite one is number four, the ultimate get out of jail card: being able to use ST phones on Page Plus if ST ever starts getting screwy. Great escape clause! Lol. Makes me wonder if they can also be used on Verizon prepaid and other mvznos?
    I wonder if a new ST phone could be used on Page Plus without ever being activated on ST?

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richardho
    I wonder if a new ST phone could be used on Page Plus without ever being activated on ST?
    I wouldn't see why not. Their phones are ridiculously overpriced, tho, so why not buy the phone elsewhere?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thejosher
    I wouldn't see why not. Their phones are ridiculously overpriced, tho, so why not buy the phone elsewhere?
    I know it's hard to believe, but I really like the Tracfone LG 200c that I use now. It's hard to find that phone outside Tracfone -- Alltel has a model like it, but I'm not sure I can get that to work on PagePlus.

Feedback Score
    That's the $30 cheapie with no web right? Hey, to each their own. I personally love tough, reliable little basic phones like that myself. Full html browsing, EVDO 3G web, all that is nice but that is what I use a laptop for. To each their own.

Feedback Score
    That's the $30 cheapie with no web right? Hey, to each their own. I personally love tough, reliable little basic phones like that myself. Full html browsing, EVDO 3G web, all that is nice but that is what I use a laptop for. To each their own.
    Yeah, that's it -- just a basic phone with no extras. I've found it to be very rugged, good battery life, and strong RF. Perfect for my use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast