Thread: Trouble moving pics from env3 to PC

Feedback Score

Trouble moving pics from env3 to PC

I've searched the forum but haven't found a thread that helps me.

I downloaded BitPim which worked great for my env2 but even though I can connect to my env3 using "Other CDMA Phone" but I can't move anything off it in that mode.

I have a microSD card and it shows all the pix on it under the "Memory" menu option. When I plug the phone in using the USB cable, my phone brings up a message that says music or data. I select data and, well, that's it. My phone goes back to that boy riding his bike and my computer utterly ignores the phone.

Any suggestions???

Feedback Score
    The new beta BitPim that came out a couple weeks back supports the env3. Also, its really easy to send pictures to the phone via bluetooth if your computer supports it.
    Have you tried the USB Mass Storage option under the Tools list on your phone? That might help too.

Feedback Score
    Good call, Cheese, except the Mass Storage Option didn't quite work. I select it and my phone immediately says "Connected. Do not disconnect during transfer." I can then select the new E drive on my 'puter. Only problem is that when I select it, I get the error that E is not accessible.

I'll give the beta BitPim a try - I was very successful using BitPim with my env2. Either that, or I'll get my computer running Bluetooth.

I guess it just doesn't seem like it should be this hard! Although, apparently this is maybe some weird setting on my PC, or that I am an idiot, or something like that because I have the distinct impression that most people aren't having as much trouble as I am. :-)

Thanks for your response - I didn't even know there was a beta BP.

Feedback Score
    On the stable version of bitpim (the one without env3 support), you can manually select bitpim to detect an env2, which works to grab pics from an env3, but not much else.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much. That's actually all I need right now. I just want my pictures before I lose this phone like I did my trusty env2!!! :-)