Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Feedback Score

Iphone Died!! HEATED UP AND NOW ITS WONT TURN ON!! what went out?? pelase help!!

Ok i just wanna know what fried up when it heated up and died.. was showing the little red battery and all that then it just got hot and died.. any idea? like motherboard or what? i wanna know what i can buy on ebay or something to fix it.. unless it fried a lot of stuff then i wont try.. PLEASE HELP!!

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    How the heck are we supposed to diagnose your fried iPhone remotely?

Grab $199, take it to the nearest Apple Store, and they'll take care of you.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    format c:/

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Whoever is cheaper and WORKS!
    Feedback Score
    What I want to know is...what were you doing that made the phone "fry" itself?

Phone
    XT912 RAZR
    Carriers
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    It needs to be charged

Carrier
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    did you stick it in the microwave?

its to heat food and nothingelse...
    $55 SK/MB Plan with 10% BYOP
    Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling, Texting/MMS and 5GB Data
    64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One - Rooted - Paranoid Android

Feedback Score
    LOL

Classic replies here to a problem we have no hope of diagnosing

The best advice is if the phone is out of warranty then the $199 or so Apple will charge is probably around the same ball park of what you will pay to get the components that you need.

A fried phone is serious business, plus if you don't have any experience in dissembling and resembling an iPhone you stand to break other stuff or even the replacement parts, and your phone probably still wont work.

I know its a bummer and I would be as pissed off as you are if it happened to me, I would go straight to Apple with this.

Feedback Score
    thanks samsung man for the one serious reply. I come here in hope to get some serious info about what could be wrong not a bunch of jokes this is a cell phone forum. thanks anyway.

Phones
    Galaxy Note 3 (factory unlocked Verizon Branded)
    Galaxy Note 3 (factory unlocked Verizon Branded)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Before giving them 200 dollars to buy another iphone, see if they will replace it for you for free, as long as your in warranty. Go here to check the status of the warranty on your phone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    Mopar ftw!!! NYLX

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I was serious when I asked! Their was an article out the other day on one of the websites stating that apple was looking into their "iphones combusting". Thus, the reason why I wanted to know, since I have a 3g and am looking into getting a 3gs soon

Phone
    iPhone 3G[s] (Black 32GB, Blackra1n JB 3.1.2, Blacksn0w UL 5.11)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The "charge it" comment is also possibly valid. A completely dead battery can ONLY be charged using the actual AC outlet plug. You cannot USB charge it. So, if you are trying to USB charge it and it won't charge, and thus won't turn on, then make sure you try with the actual AC plug.

As for serious answers or not, really, no offense, but you are asking us to do either the impossible or the obvious. Impossible to diagnose what could be wrong with your phone with that little info. Or obviously, take it back to Apple/AT&T and have them take a look at it. Not much more we could say than that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by azmattaz06
    thanks samsung man for the one serious reply. I come here in hope to get some serious info about what could be wrong not a bunch of jokes this is a cell phone forum. thanks anyway.
    are you seriously complaining about the replies given?

i mean, look at your post.
    here is what we have to work with

1) your phone was showing the little red battery
    2) it just got hot and died

your original post contained basically no useful information for anyone to even try and help you. You are going to need to be far more descriptive to get a useful response.

Phones
    iPhone4 32GB
    Cingular 8125
    MPx220
    Carrier
    Cingular / at&t
    Feedback Score
    My phone overheated in Honduras on the beach back in March and did the same thing. I had to plug it into the wall outlet when I got back on the cruise ship to get it to turn back on. All my attempts to boot it up without being plugged in were unsuccessful prior. After that all my pages of apps were completely reorganized and stuff.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amin
    format c:/

Winrar!
    Currently listening to: Oli G - Orchid

Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    Pi ra cy discussions are not allowed here.
    You are ban ned!

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pOLLYpOCKET

Winrar!
    I was wondering how long until you showed LMAO

Back on topic though...I remember when I got my iphone and charged it the first time. When I wen't to go un-plug it from the wall, the thing almost burned my hand, so I freaked out and called CS about it. They told me that if I experienced anymore problems just to return it to the store for a replacement. I do have the little yellow "dot" on my charger, which I was told ment that it was some sort of new, safer charger for the phone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast