Thread: Recovering the Service Programming Code (SPC) for the Samsung Smooth (AKA: SCH-U350)

Feedback Score

Recovering the Service Programming Code (SPC) for the Samsung Smooth (AKA: SCH-U350)

Follows is a short tutorial:

1) Order a cable. I bought mine for a few dollars from bargaincell with the driver disk.
    2) Install driver and connect phone to USB port.
    3) After the phone installs in windows (driver etc), go into device manager, and change the com port for the phone to COM2.
    4) Download and install the demo version of CDMA-Workshop.
    5) Run CDMA-Workshop. Change the COM port to COM2, and press the Connect button. Then press the Read button.
    6) Switch to the Security tab, check the password radio button, enter 1945081520081106 and press Send.
    7) In the dialog (Passowrd is correct. Phone unlocked) press OK.
    8) The SPC will appear in the SPC/User Lock field: Record this for later use.

Optional: Change the Service Programming Code, 000000. Change to 000000 by entering the settings and tools menu (Menu, 9) , pressing * and entering the recovered SPC, then pressing 5. Enter 000000, OK, and the 000000 when prompted. (I don't know if this is necessary, but I did it, so I'm including it).

Regards,

Hans
    Last edited by Fairchild; 08-25-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild
    6) Switch to the Security tab, check the password radio button, enter 1945081520081106 and press Send.
    Does this work for all Samsung phones? Samsung JetSet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    Does this work for all Samsung phones? Samsung JetSet?
    My interpretation of what I have read is that the pass code referenced is for the U350 only. However, I don't recall that ever being stated explicitly, so this code may work for other Samsung phones. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer than that.

Regards,

Hans

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    My interpretation of what I have read is that the pass code referenced is for the U350 only. However, I don't recall that ever being stated explicitly, so this code may work for other Samsung phones. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer than that.

Regards,

Hans
    Just don't want it to break my phone. Hopefully it will give me an error or something, not just mess up my phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    Just don't want it to break my phone. Hopefully it will give me an error or something, not just mess up my phone.
    I took the liberty of researching what I did to figure out what to use for the SCH-U350, and stumbled across the following link:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

This is a link to a mobi-files post that is cached on google. It has some lists of passwords for Samsung phones. I think the Jetset is the R550, which isn't on any of those lists. However, the implication would be that each Samsung model does have a different password.

That all said, I think you could just use Samsung PST to change the SPC code (if thats what you are trying to do).

The version I reference in my thread to change the WAP settings to enable web access seems to allow reading and changing the SPC code.

Regards,

Hans

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I took the liberty of researching what I did to figure out what to use for the SCH-U350, and stumbled across the following link:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

This is a link to a mobi-files post that is cached on google. It has some lists of passwords for Samsung phones. I think the Jetset is the R550, which isn't on any of those lists. However, the implication would be that each Samsung model does have a different password.

That all said, I think you could just use Samsung PST to change the SPC code (if thats what you are trying to do).

The version I reference in my thread to change the WAP settings to enable web access seems to allow reading and changing the SPC code.

Regards,

Hans
    Thanks for all of your help!

-Avenue

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Sch-r550:2007121420071231

Feedback Score
    I am looking for the driver for the sch-u350. I cant find it anyware. any help there?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom94k
    I am looking for the driver for the sch-u350. I cant find it anyware. any help there?
    I bought a cable from Bargaincell, and it came with a disk that had the driver on it. I'd suggest you do that (they are on Amazon, which gives you a bit of security in dealing with them, and the cable plus shipping was around $10 as I recall).

I'm not sure where you could download the driver. Where did you get the cable from (not that it really matters)?

Regards,

Hans

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    Pantech PN-820
    Carrier
    1. Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You can easily find the drivers on the internet, just search.