Thread: Contact List Transfer to Tracfone

Feedback Score

Contact List Transfer to Tracfone

I recently got a Tracfone for my wife and thought it would save some setup time by transferring my contact list from my Verizon LG VX 8600 phone to her new phone. After failing to do it with bluetooth (they wouldn't link up) I Took it to a Verizon store that had the tool to transfer the contact list. Their tool would not recognize the Tracfone (Motorola W376g). Is it not possible to do this?

BTW, I'm new here. I hope this isn't a repeat thread.

Phones
    LG VX 8360
    Motorola W175G
    LG VX5500
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone handsets have firmware which locks down the phone so that BT only recognizes headsets (no PC connections), USB is limited to charging only and the use of third party software for data transfer is difficult if not impossible. SIM cards are also locked to specific handsets, so they can not be swapped in and out. Your best bet is just to manually enter in the contacts into the TF phone.

Feedback Score
    That really sucks, but thanks for the answer anyway. At least now I know.

Feedback Score
    After changing too many phones and entering the contacts manually, I went ahead and bought a SIM card reader. Radio Shack sells one for $20 and it works. You just copy the contacts from the old SIM to the computer and then to the new SIM. Done!

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    DealExtreme has SIM card Reader/Writer for $3.57 with free shipping.
    It plugs into the USB port on your computer.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6641

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    The OP's old fone is a cdma meaning it has no sim card. Suggesting a sim reader/writer in this case is of no value. Unless someone can provide the OP with instructions detailing how to get the contacts off the old fone to a computer, in the correct file format, so then it can be written to the new sim with a sim reader/writer........

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    The OP's old fone is a cdma meaning it has no sim card. Suggesting a sim reader/writer in this case is of no value.
    OOPS! your right. Sorry.

Only GSM phones have SIM cards.

Phones
    iPhone 4s , Moto Droid X2
    iPhone 4s
    Droid X2
    Carriers
    Local Provider
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info on the SIM card R/W Cannonball-II you can't beat that price!
    ~~~~~~