Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blocking Internet Access

Feedback Score

Blocking Internet Access

I keep using time by accidentally hitting the web brower key on as Samsung SCH-T101g. Apparently, I can't do anything on the phone to prevent this.

I would not mind if web access were blocked or removed as a service on the account for this phone. A Tracfone rep said it wasn't possible, but one company rep's statement is not definitive.

Can anyone tell me if he or she was able to have web access blocked or removed as a service on a Tracfone phone?

Phones
    iPhone 4s , Moto Droid X2
    iPhone 4s
    Droid X2
    Carriers
    Local Provider
    Feedback Score
    On some models you can switch your key functions.... but I believe the web key is one button that you can't switch. This has been an issue for other users that do the same and have lost alot of their airtime.
    ~~~~~~

Phone
    LG Extravert
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It is funny...the people who don't want to have the Browser...it works fine.

When you WANT the Browser to work...it doesn't :P

Phones
    VX7000BK
    RAZR V3m
    T301G
    Feedback Score
    the browser works at taking minutes but it doesn't work at viewing anything but tracfone or even downloading anything

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    The phone will deduct minutes just for attempting to connect, even if it doesn't.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Droid X2
    Carriers
    Local Provider
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    The phone will deduct minutes just for attempting to connect, even if it doesn't.

This is the same when you email downloads to your phone and you lose sig. The time is still took and then more on top of that when you get in an area that you get your signal back and can finish the download.

I really think that TF should redo their web so that no time is taken until you have done a full minute on the web. This would be more fair for those that don't mean to push the web key.

I personally only use the web browser to check the weather in my area when I need to. Sometimes I look for ringtones, but that isn't the most important thing to me.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell~Lover
    This is the same when you email downloads to your phone and you lose sig. The time is still took and then more on top of that when you get in an area that you get your signal back and can finish the download.

I really think that TF should redo their web so that no time is taken until you have done a full minute on the web. This would be more fair for those that don't mean to push the web key.

I personally only use the web browser to check the weather in my area when I need to. Sometimes I look for ringtones, but that isn't the most important thing to me.
    Other than being accidental, it is the same as deducting a minute as soon as you hit the send button. No answer or busy or you cancel the call, you still get charged. Sometimes you get lucky and this doesn't happen on your phone but if it does and you call about it they will tell you it is suppose to happen that way.

Feedback Score
    On my W376g phone, I have learned to close the phone pretty quick afte I hit the browse key by accident. As long as I do it quick enough, no airtime minues are charged. Maybe a slider phone like T301g would be even easier to terminate the "call"?

Phone
    LG Extravert
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just slide my T301g closed when I accidentally hit the browser button. Even though my browser isn't working currently, it still deducts .5 units!!

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Droid X2
    Carriers
    Local Provider
    Feedback Score
    WHAT?!?!?!?!!!! That's so not right razr fan! I think I've read somewhere on here since I've been back about some users browser problems. Has anyone gotten that issue fixed yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell~Lover
    I personally only use the web browser to check the weather in my area when I need to.
    Google SMS . A free Google service, and it'll cost you one outgoing and one incoming text message at minimum.

The Weather Channel has a similar no cost service.
    Kyocera 2135 on Verizon Prepaid
    Nokia 3585i on Simple Freedom/Alltel U Prepaid/Page Plus
    LG AX-5000 on Alltel U Prepaid/Verizon Prepaid/Page Plus
    LG 420G on Tracfone
    LG 900G on Net10
    DROID by Motorola on Page Plus Cellular
    HTC DROID Incredible 2 on Verizon

Feedback Score
    It happened to me again; I lost minutes because the web button was pressed by accident and didn't see it for a while.

I then the idea of asking to shift to an inactive phone my current phone number, minutes and (and this was the one I thought they might say no to) the double minutes for life of the phone that came with the phone that was bugging me.

Lo and behold, the customer rep said it could be done, including shifting of the double minutes feature, but that I had to wait until I got a new sim was sent to me to do the switch because the older phone had been activated in the past.

I'll report on the results after I get the sim.

Carriers
    Sprint/Nextel
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I just got a Tracfone for my daughter to use for texting and emergencies only, but want to have the internet disabled (W376g). Would Tracfone do this for me if I called and said it was a kid's phone, or has anyone come up with a way to disable it from the phone itself?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new_guy234
    I just got a Tracfone for my daughter to use for texting and emergencies only, but want to have the internet disabled (W376g). Would Tracfone do this for me if I called and said it was a kid's phone, or has anyone come up with a way to disable it from the phone itself?
    I was told "No." "No" to disabling by Tracfone, from Tracfone CS (I don't know why it should matter if it is a kid's phone, but if it works that is what I'll say. ) "No" to disabling from the phone by fellow HoFo'ers.

[If you find a way to do it, please post the solution for the rest of us. ]

Feedback Score
    I got the SIM and did the switch. I may not find out if DFML really transfers because I will be getting a new phone with its own DMFL offered in a bonus offer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast