Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus Unlimited vs Straighttalk Unlimited

Phone
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Page Plus Unlimited vs Straighttalk Unlimited

Anyone have opinions? Both use the verizon network. Straight talk is $45 so $5 more but you get 30mb of data vs the 20mb you get on page plus. Is that the only difference?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    This was asked before. Let me see if I can find the thread.

While you wait: With Page Plus you can use any Verizon phone, and many other phones too.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Phone
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm just scared about the whole 20mb data cap. If I go over and just have a $39 unlimited text and talk card what will happen? Will data just stop working? Will they somehow hit my debit card?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskanbo
    I'm just scared about the whole 20mb data cap. If I go over and just have a $39 unlimited text and talk card what will happen? Will data just stop working? Will they somehow hit my debit card?
    The overages were posted before too. Check out the thread about August 9th.

I'll see if I can find the post for you.

Phones
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Page Plus: Palm Pixi +
    AT&T:HP Pre3
    Feedback Score
    If you want more data and are willing to pay more, check out PlatinumTel

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Platin...iewas=0&ref=mf

http://www.platinumtel.com/
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Phone
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    Thanks bro! Appreciate the info. I didnt see it address physically how the phone will act once you go over 20mb. Will the data just stop working? Will you get a warning? With the plan being so new i doubt anyone on it has gone over 20mb yet.

Phone
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    If you want more data and are willing to pay more, check out PlatinumTel

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Platin...iewas=0&ref=mf

http://www.platinumtel.com/
    That is cool. Only problem with that is the coverage is native sprint only. No roaming at all. Which means if you are off the beaten path you are dead. I have sprint now and i love it but i have the ability to roam for free which helps me out a lot. Page plus on verizon has much better coverage. If they'd just bump up the 20mb a bit we'd be cool as a cucumber.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thanks bro! Appreciate the info. I didnt see it address physically how the phone will act once you go over 20mb. Will the data just stop working? Will you get a warning? With the plan being so new i doubt anyone on it has gone over 20mb yet.
    No problem!

It tells you how much data will cost after you go over the 20 MB..

0.0006/Kb, right?

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    That is cool. Only problem with that is the coverage is native sprint only. No roaming at all. Which means if you are off the beaten path you are dead. I have sprint now and i love it but i have the ability to roam for free which helps me out a lot. Page plus on verizon has much better coverage. If they'd just bump up the 20mb a bit we'd be cool as a cucumber.
    They might just change the 20 MB limit in the future. I don't think we know yet. It might be increased, or even turn into unlimited. I don't think we know yet though.

As long as other companies keep competing, Page Plus will try to keep up.

Phones
    Verizon Blitz on Page Plus
    ST MotoRazr v3a on Page Plus
    Motorola W376g on TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I have a Straight Talk phone that is being replaced with Page Plus. So far PP has been superior for several reasons.

1. PP Customer Service is based here in the USA and ST is over seas.

2. I love that I can put almost any verizon phone on PP vs Straight Talk's three phone selection.

3. I’m paying less for my phone service with PP at $39.95 and that includes taxes where I was spending $49 and some change with ST with taxes.

4. I can actually roam and get service with PP for an extra charge of course but when I’m off the network on my ST phone I have no service at all.

Well that is what I like so far about Page Plus VS Straight Talk. I really don't miss anything with Straight Talk at all.

Phone
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No problem!

It tells you how much data will cost after you go over the 20 MB..

0.0006/Kb, right?

If I'm wrong, please correct me.
    I do see where it states how much it is but i was asking what actually happens on the handset when you hit the 20mb limit. How does one know? Will it just keep on working or will data cease until your next month?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I do see where it states how much it is but i was asking what actually happens on the handset when you hit the 20mb limit. How does one know? Will it just keep on working or will data cease until your next month?
    As far as I know, it will keep working, and money will be deducted out of your balance. For example, you buy a $39.95 card, and that money is take right away (for the service) but then you buy a $25 card, which will stay in your account (I think it is still for 120 days, but am not sure). If you go over, it will automatically be deducted out of that $25.

Do you understand?

Phone
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    As far as I know, it will keep working, and money will be deducted out of your balance. For example, you buy a $39.95 card, and that money is take right away (for the service) but then you buy a $25 card, which will stay in your account (I think it is still for 120 days, but am not sure). If you go over, it will automatically be deducted out of that $25.

Do you understand?
    That makes sense but I dont plan on buying any extra cards. Just the $39.95 card. So in that situation what happens if i go over 20mb? Thanks again for the info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast