Thread: Online call records / call details for AT&T Go Phone ?

Feedback Score

Online call records / call details for AT&T Go Phone ?

Online call records / call details for AT&T GoPhone
    What details are offered in the online call record access of AT&T prepaid ? How far back it time can you access it . Is it downloadable (xls file etc ) . - Thanks

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I do not currently have a GoPhone to check the information but when I did have one last summer you could see the numbers and duration of each call. It even showed calls forwarded to voicemail. Postpaid account show no entries for unanswered incoming call. At the time I had the account, one could go back for a range of six months. I am not sure whether one can access information prior to the time one created the online account. I read in one thread that the records are kept for the number and may show information for a previous subscriber who was assigned that number. Bear that in mind when you close the account if they have not cleared up that flaw.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    LG Optimus L9,iPhone 3GS & 4S,Palm Pixi Plus
    Samsung SGH-A437,SCH-i730,SGH-T419
    Carrier
    GoPhonex3 PagePlusx2 TMo2Go Tracfone Ptel
    Feedback Score
    GoPhone call records are one of the most detailed but worst designed IMHO. For online viewing you get a really imcomplete table with just these columns:

Date Time Description Amount Info
    Description is just the type of charge (voice, SMS etc.) and under info you get to click a buttom to open a small pop-up window with all the details of the transaction which are in this format:
    Call Information:

Type SMS Originating
    Nature of Call Local
    Number Called 1777
    Calling Number 1xxxxxxxxxx
    Call Date 08/27/2009
    Call Time 07:40:39 PM
    Timezone US/Eastern
    Call Duration 0min 1sec
    Total Amount $0.00
    Feature Package -
    Unit(s) Charged -
    Call Location None
    and then you have to do it separately for every transaction, one at the time.

The other option is a print view to see all the information for all the transactions in a single display, but that doesn't help either as it's not in columns either but in boxes in two columns. For each transaction you'll get this:
    08/27/2009 07:36:45 PM CDT
    Description: Outgoing Call Type: Debit Amount: $1.00
    Nature of Call: Local Call Time: 08/27/2009 08:36:45 PM US/Eastern
    Call Duration: 3min 36sec Call Location: -,Maryland,USA
    Number Called: 1xxxxxxxxxx Calling Number: 1xxxxxxxxxx
    Feature Package: - Unit(s) Charged: -
    If you were planning to download it to Excel to perform some type of analysis or sorting of records as I once tried, you are SOL.

If you are a good web/java programmer you may be able to convert the javascript code assigned to all the buttons under the ďnfo "column" in the original screen into a plain text column-based file and then port it to Excel but that proved to be too much effort to me (I'm not a web/java programmer but I could read the code, I tried copy and paste manually...ugh)..

As I said in my other post in the main forum, you are allowed to see records up to six months in the past.

I dont know who was the genius who designed those screens. They may have never seen a phone bill ever in their life.
    Last edited by Jairzinho; 08-28-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 14 years!

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    They use the same columns for data records. They show data use as time when it really represents kilobytes and megabytes.