Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mozoot scam?

Feedback Score

mozoot scam?

Has anyone ever gotten a text from something called mozoot?

I received one that said to sing up on the site, but they never gave a link. Then a couple of days later get a text saying i registered and will be charged $10 a month. Anyone ever have to deal with this? Hope customer service can do something about this.

[IMG][/IMG]

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why, on Earth, you would throw 10 bucks a month in the wind is beyond me, but just call ATT CS and tell them to cancel you. If you did get a charge on your phone bill it means that they are an ATT 3rd party biller.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA
    Why, on Earth, you would throw 10 bucks a month in the wind is beyond me, but just call ATT CS and tell them to cancel you. If you did get a charge on your phone bill it means that they are an ATT 3rd party biller.
    It is a very simple process to get the subscription removed by CS but keep in mind that the credit (assuming you were already charged) can take 1-2 bill cycles to show on your invoice. Just call CS and the it would only take a few moments to resolve.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score

Angry Mozoot

I replied to the Mozoot text with "STOP" and they didn't. I emailed support@mozoot.com and threatened to get an attorney if they didn't leave me alone.... Got another text from them canceling what I never requested, and offered a refund. That's when I found out they'd been ripping me off for $10 a month. Mozoot can no longer be contacted by email, so I called ATT and ATT is mailing a refund. I am filing a complaint to the FCC and I hope others do also.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hettiegirl
    I replied to the Mozoot text with "STOP" and they didn't. I emailed support@mozoot.com and threatened to get an attorney if they didn't leave me alone.... Got another text from them canceling what I never requested, and offered a refund. That's when I found out they'd been ripping me off for $10 a month. Mozoot can no longer be contacted by email, so I called ATT and ATT is mailing a refund. I am filing a complaint to the FCC and I hope others do also.
    Don't forget to include the carrier, they are the ones that allow this to happen. It's easy to tell, if they bill you through your carrier bill they are a 3rd party agent of the carrier. The carrier also gets most of the loot.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    at&t doe not mail any refunds. All they do is issue a credit back to your account.

My 2000 post was posted on 4/19/2010 at 23:45.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=409

Feedback Score

Mozoot

Sorry, holadude. I was so peeved at ATT for the unauthorised charges that I went to another carrier. They ARE mailing a check.

Feedback Score
    I called AT&T and told them I received the unsolicited text message and that it was charging me $10/mo and I never requested it. The rep put 'text blocker' on all 3 of my mobile lines which requires a pin anytime someone requests a charge via text.

They credited the charge for next billing cycle.

I just don't get why it's allowed in the first place and why the blocker isn't on by default is beyond me.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear you switched services, but the same thing can happen with your new carrier. They have contracts with the other carriers and will will add charges to their bill for subscriptions. All the carriers have already been sued about the charges and at&t was actually the first one that settled the lawsuit first. Yes I did work for them, I currently work a state job now, and if a customer called in complaining saying they never used those companies, I would always make an adjustment for the charges, and make sure that the subscription was canceled. Also at&t can add a purchase block to all your lines and provide a pin code to turn the block off and on.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzjepp
    I called AT&T and told them I received the unsolicited text message and that it was charging me $10/mo and I never requested it. The rep put 'text blocker' on all 3 of my mobile lines which requires a pin anytime someone requests a charge via text.

They credited the charge for next billing cycle.

I just don't get why it's allowed in the first place and why the blocker isn't on by default is beyond me.
    Text block just blocks text messages, while purchase blocker blocks purchases and requires the pin code.

You can get subscribed without knowing it very easily. Those quizzes on social websites that ask to send you your results to your phone are the main place that start the subscriptions, or the ones that offer a "free" ringtone.

Edited: I wanted to add the website to check to make sure the subscriptions are canceled and that you can also dispute charges. www.att.com/db

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by holaDude
    Sorry to hear you switched services, but the same thing can happen with your new carrier. They have contracts with the other carriers and will will add charges to their bill for subscriptions. All the carriers have already been sued about the charges and at&t was actually the first one that settled the lawsuit first. Yes I did work for them, I currently work a state job now, and if a customer called in complaining saying they never used those companies, I would always make an adjustment for the charges, and make sure that the subscription was canceled. Also at&t can add a purchase block to all your lines and provide a pin code to turn the block off and on.
    Agreed 100%. Holadude speaks the truth.

Never accept it if a rep tells you that it cannot be blocked. Due to the lawsuits in the past few years, At&t will challenge (refund in 1-2 bill cycles) and block such subscriptions without question. The purchase blocker is available to all customers at no charge.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzjepp
    Money, it's pure greed! Carriers have contracts with these 3rd party billers the same as they do with you! If any carrier started to enforce their TOC's with them it would stop dead in it's tracks, but the carrier would be out too! The only reason the "Jamsters" were stopped a few years ago is because of impending government intervention.

A while ago Motorola put a button next to the send key that started an IP session, why do you think that is? Verizon does it too, I read where they make 300 million dollars a year off of users bad button presses. Think about that one when you read ATT's new data PPU prices.
    Data Rate 2 dollar per MB PPU?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592931

But, after some thought, how evil would you be if you were King for a day?
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Phones
    atrix 4g
    mot xoom
    xperia x10a
    Carriers
    rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzjepp View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten a text from something called mozoot?

I received one that said to sing up on the site, but they never gave a link. Then a couple of days later get a text saying i registered and will be charged $10 a month. Anyone ever have to deal with this? Hope customer service can do something about this.

[IMG][/IMG]
    This scam is still happening. I can't get it stopped. Does Rogers have an option to block premium services?
    Thanks
    Joe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parravan View Post
    This scam is still happening. I can't get it stopped. Does Rogers have an option to block premium services?
    Thanks
    It would probably be a better idea to ask this question in the Rogers forum.

Feedback Score

rogers mozoot

this stuff continues today.........
    had the same deal and mozoot signed me up somehow by sending me a text. Next rogers bill and "3rd party carrier" charges of $10 a week show up. Mozoot cancelled my scrip after I cried, but would not refund the money.
    Went to Rogers and they said theyd "make and exception" and reverse charges.
    Since Mozoot and carrier share the profits, not much incentive to oversee this activity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast