Thread: Service end date

Phones
    Motorola w376g
    LG 410g
    Carriers
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Service end date

This is something I've always wondered about tracfone.

The screen will say to add minutes before a certain date or service ends. For me, it's jan. 12, 2010.

What I wondered is, if you don't add minutes before that date, and service does indeed end, is that phone "dead?" What I mean is, are you unable to reactivate it by buying a prepaid card?

thanks.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Cut and pasted from "Terms and Conditions" on Tracfone web site which was proceeded by the fact that your phone will be cut off if airtime is not added by the service end date.

"Airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will remain on your TRACFONE if it is reactivated within 60 days from the deactivation date. However, airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will be lost if your TRACFONE Service remains deactivated longer than 60 days."

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1
    Cut and pasted from "Terms and Conditions" on Tracfone web site which was proceeded by the fact that your phone will be cut off if airtime is not added by the service end date.

"Airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will remain on your TRACFONE if it is reactivated within 60 days from the deactivation date. However, airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will be lost if your TRACFONE Service remains deactivated longer than 60 days."
    Anyone who hasen`t read the T&C should. It contains all the important Info. (except for the "secret" T&C) that you need to know.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier
    Anyone who hasen`t read the T&C should. It contains all the important Info. (except for the "secret" T&C) that you need to know.
    Actually the secret part is included........It goes like this:

"TracFone Wireless may modify or cancel any service or take corrective action at any time without prior notice and for any reason, including but not limited to your violation of this agreement."

In other news - My $59 (shipping included) Blackberry Pearl arrived this morning. Took all of 5 mins for me to have it up and running on PagePlus standard plan. It is a "like new pre-owned" Alltel handset. No sms or web YET. But at 5.7 cpm it may just be enough to make me forget trac. I hardly ever text and don't use bunches of talk mins so this seems like it will work out great!
    Last edited by tracnet; 08-29-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    In other news - My $59 (shipping included) Blackberry Pearl arrived this morning. Took all of 5 mins for me to have it up and running on PagePlus standard plan. It is a "like new pre-owned" Alltel handset. No sms or web YET. But at 5.7 cpm it may just be enough to make me forget trac. I hardly ever text and don't use bunches of talk mins so this seems like it will work out great!
    I think, if you're a light user like me you'll really like PP with their easy to get cheap minutes.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    I think, if you're a light user like me you'll really like PP with their easy to get cheap minutes.
    The cpm is always a factor with me. Maybe more of a game. But I most enjoy learning something new (the handset) or old and especially learning to tweak one. So this Blackberry should keep my interest for a bit. It's really kinda nice having a smartphone with a cheap minute plan! (I bet there's a few BB experts chucklin'......sorry fella's, we're all a noob to start with)

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Actually the secret part is included........It goes like this:

"TracFone Wireless may modify or cancel any service or take corrective action at any time without prior notice and for any reason, including but not limited to your violation of this agreement."
    I can't believe that "for any reason" part would stand up if someone was able to get the correct government ageny involved (FTC? FCC? FBI? CIA? EPA?)
    For tracfone to sell a service, and then come back and esentially say "nya, nya, we don't like you, no more phone calls for you", well, I'd call it a fraudulant business practice.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

And you may or may not get back your old phone number. It seems like a CDMA phone will loose the phone numebr very quickly. Some people reported loosing the number if they missed the refill by only a day. With GSM, (Tmobile and ATT) numbers seem to be held for a little while.

Phone
    LG Motion
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I let my tracfone (at&t) run out... I added minutes and reactivated it about 22 days past the end of service date(same sim card). It was up and running in minutes. Even the voice mail was still set up how I had it. No extra charge to activate it or anything.

... i use tracfone as my backup phone so i wasn't really concerned about losing the number. but even though this worked out fine for me i wouldn't recommend letting the service run out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55
    "nya, nya, we don't like you, no more phone calls for you"

No soup for you!