Thread: HELP!: Need PUK Code for T301g

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Exclamation HELP!: Need PUK Code for T301g

Yesterday I accidentally his the show pin option on my T301g. It asked for my pin code, which I did not know, but I did not change it. It only allowed me to guess it 3 times, but that did not work. Now whenever I turn on my phone it says Pin Blocked and asks for a PUK code? What is this? Then it askes for the pin code again. It also says "SOS" and then emergency call yes/no? I assume that would be 911 right? How do I find out my PUK code and Pin Code because right now this phone is useless. I only have 6 tries left with the PUK Code. What happens if all those tries are used up? Please help!!
    Virgin Mobile user since June 2010.
    Was TracFone user from May 2008 to June 2010.

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Go to the technical support page on Tracfone. You'll be able to enter the serial number of your phone, and select an appropriate option.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfoner
    Go to the technical support page on Tracfone. You'll be able to enter the serial number of your phone, and select an appropriate option.
    I completely forgot about that option. And thanks for suggesting that, because now my phone works again! I learned my lesson, don't mess with things you don't know! Thanks, Tracfoner!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BK7725
    I completely forgot about that option. And thanks for suggesting that, because now my phone works again! I learned my lesson, don't mess with things you don't know! Thanks, Tracfoner!

Your owners manual should contain information related to this problem.

After reading their manual a person might not later remember all the details, but at least a warning might go off that they are about to get themself in trouble.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier
    Your owners manual should contain information related to this problem.

After reading their manual a person might not later remember all the details, but at least a warning might go off that they are about to get themself in trouble.
    Honestly, take a look at the T301 manual on the Tracfone website or the Samsung website. It really is just a quick start guide. For security options, it says ways that you can make your phone more secure. Nothing about default codes or anything. What's with these companies making horrible manuals?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just for future reference, the default PIN on AT&T SIMs is "1111" and on T-Mo SIMs it is "1234" - if you forget your PIN and have to enter the PUK code, do NOT continue to guess. After 10 incorrect tries with the PUK code, your SIM card is literally fried..you need to get a new one.

I apply a SIM PIN to my postpaid phones for added security.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: Galaxy Note 3 and LG F6: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE