Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official LG Clout VX8370 Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLACA
    Motorola made the same argument and won. Verizon lifted the data requirement for the Motorola Entice.

I think Verizon needs to publish a clear set of guidelines for what distinguishes an "3G Multimedia Phone" and a basic feature phone.

Considering data plans for all phones are now the same cost for unlimited, the mandate should only be for QWERTY keyboard phones and ones with HTML browsers.
    If so.....good for Motorola.
    I looked at the current list of "3G Multimedia Phones" on the Verizon site and only the Entice and Rival say "Data pkg $9.99 or higher optional". All the rest are "Requires data pkg $9.99 or higher".
    But the Brigade is "Data package of $9.99 or higher required, or a $5 Push to Talk feature".

For the VX8360/VX8370 to require a data plan is basically having you pay for something your will not use much of.

The only phones that I think Verizon should "force" a data plan on is for smartphones, as they are always using data.
    But most other enhanced phones, even the enV Touch (with HTML browser) doesn't use as much data as a smartphone.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, VX-10000, VX-8350
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    the mandate should only be for QWERTY keyboard phones and ones with HTML browsers.
    +1
    Happy Easter!

Device(s)
    Motorola KRZR k1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't know how accurate she was, but yesterday a Verizon customer service rep told me this phone is coming out on May 18th. She had no further info or specs. I would like something with the quality of my old VX8100.

I actually take a fair amount of pictures and the 8100 did a decent job, all things considered. Subsequent models didn't have a flash for the camera and I suspected this was part of the reason for the lesser quality photos. Does anyone know if the 8370 will have a flash and the MP rating of the camera? 1.3, 2.0? Is it just my imagination or is a flash rare on flip phones these days?

Device(s)
    It depends on the mood.
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by breather
    I don't know how accurate she was, but yesterday a Verizon customer service rep told me this phone is coming out on May 18th. She had no further info or specs. I would like something with the quality of my old VX8100.

I actually take a fair amount of pictures and the 8100 did a decent job, all things considered. Subsequent models didn't have a flash for the camera and I suspected this was part of the reason for the lesser quality photos. Does anyone know if the 8370 will have a flash and the MP rating of the camera? 1.3, 2.0? Is it just my imagination or is a flash rare on flip phones these days?
    Well I guess we will see if tomorrow is the day this phone comes out.........

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Motorola made the same argument and won. Verizon lifted the data requirement for the Motorola Entice.

I think Verizon needs to publish a clear set of guidelines for what distinguishes an "3G Multimedia Phone" and a basic feature phone.

Considering data plans for all phones are now the same cost for unlimited, the mandate should only be for QWERTY keyboard phones and ones with HTML browsers.
    I don't think those phones should require it because although it has an HTML browser that doesn't necessarily mean people use it, like me. I just wanted a phone with a touchscreen and a keyboard and apparently that's too much to ask for without requiring additional charges, at least if I bought it after the data requirement implementation.
    Morals: Highly subjective and completely overrated.

Device(s)
    Motorola KRZR k1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atwageman
    Well I guess we will see if tomorrow is the day this phone comes out.........
    Well, the 18th came and went. I even called back Verizon customer service and they couldn't figure it out. He said the phone listed as being out on May 18th but it obviously wasn't out and it's not even in the equipment guides of the csr's.

Feedback Score
    Maybe they are testing it ... again, for the second time. I would love a quality flip - with no data plan - but we all know that's too much to ask.

Feedback Score
    It seems that Verizon's data requirement has something to do with the delay of the Clout's launch. Either that or there are too many LG 8360's in stock. They are "free" now. Hopefully that is a sign. The Clout was supposed to be released months ago.

I agree, 3am, I would like a good, solid flip. LG and VZW have disappointed many with the 8350 and 8360. They need a home run and the Clout could do that for them. There are thousands of us who prefer this form factor.

Any Verizon employees on here who can tell us anything about the Clout's release date, if at all?
    Last edited by frayway; 06-06-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: mispelling

Device(s)
    It depends on the mood.
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frayway View Post
    It seems that Verizon's data requirement has something to do with the delay of the Clout's launch. Either that or there are too many LG 8360's in stock. They are "free" now. Hopefully that is a sign. The Clout was supposed to be released months ago.

I agree, 3am, I would like a good, solid flip. LG and VZW have disappointed many with the 8350 and 8360. They need a home run and the Clout could do that for them. There are thousands of us who prefer this form factor.

Any Verizon employees on here who can tell us anything about the Clout's release date, if at all?
    Im sure is has to do more with trying to clear out the stock of 8360's than anything else.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by atwageman View Post
    Im sure is has to do more with trying to clear out the stock of 8360's than anything else.
    Long story short, the reason the VX-8370 hasn't been released is that there are too many VX-8360's in stock. The reason there are too many VX-8360's in stock is that since the data requirement went into effect, the sales dropped to 1/8 of what they were before. Verizon is eliminating middle of the road phones that would be "good enough" to perhaps detract a person from spending $30/mo on unlimited data. With the price structuring, it is silly to get an LG VX-8360 and pay the same for data as you would with getting a much more powerful LG EnV Touch or Samsung Rogue.
    A phone is only fun when you can modify it anyway you please.

The Verizon UI....unhackable? I think not

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLACA View Post
    Long story short, the reason the VX-8370 hasn't been released is that there are too many VX-8360's in stock. The reason there are too many VX-8360's in stock is that since the data requirement went into effect, the sales dropped to 1/8 of what they were before. Verizon is eliminating middle of the road phones that would be "good enough" to perhaps detract a person from spending $30/mo on unlimited data.
    Is Verizon indifferent to this situation of a finished 8370 waiting in the wings because of the surplus of 8360s ? Is either the sharp sales slump in 8370s and/or criticism from customers and LG over the data requirement going to finally persuade Verizon to alter its data plan policy on dumbphones ?
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Feedback Score
    One would think since the VX8350 and VX8360 have received such bad reviews (even on the Verizon website) they would want to release the much-anticipated VX8370 to pick up lost business. Apparently Verizon could care less about us flip phone folk.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You should see the junk flip phones AT&T and T-Mobile presently carry... Flip phones are largely a North American hit, whereas Europe and Asia have been partial to sliders and bar style phones. Therefore, the flips that are released are made ultra simple for Americans on a low budget.

If you want something to replace your LG VX-8300's and 8350's, just go with the Motorola Barrage or Samsung Convoy. They may be a bit pricey compared to the LG flips, but both phones are solid, don't require a data plan, have ultra loud speakerphones, and offer a nice boost in customization/features.

A relative of mine loved his LG VX-8300, but after 2 years, the earpiece died, and he was forced to pick a new phone. The 8360 was the most similar choice, but the speakerphone quality is nowhere near what it was on the 8300. He ended up with the Barrage, and has been very pleased with the speakerphone, larger/brighter screen, and the fact that you can customize everything.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Phone just popped on a distributor's ordering site. Says its in stock. I only ordered one because if it requires a data plan, which no one can confirm nor deny yet as Verizon isn't even close to offering it apparently, it will not sell, period. And then and I wont stock it.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Feedback Score
    Peter ..... can you pass along the website you saw it on? I'd like to see a better photo of the Clout than the one that's been floating around the Internet since February.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast