Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official LG Clout VX8370 Release Thread

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You cant see anything on the site without a login. and the pic they have is tiny. I will have them here tomorrow or friday. Ill put up pics when they show up.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why, Hello there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I just did an ESN change to it and it didn't attempt to force me to put a data plan on either..

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the pictures! I think it looks nice. How does the build quality feel? Are there any quirks you can point out or things that seem thoughtfully designed?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Build quality is nice. Its a good looking phone in person. The back has a soft touch flat finish to it, which should keep it from slipping out of your hands. Menus and such are straight from the Accolade, including the cool "scalable font" feature where the volume keys will increase/decrease the font size in while your in the menus. Screen is nice and large. Nice throwback to the 8300, the speakers are side-mounted near the top of the hinge, so it has a nice loud speakerphone.

This pretty much looks like King of the non-qwerty phones now. Motorola Has nothing now the entice is gone, and the Barrage has about 3 minutes of battery life. Samsung has the Smooth, which is nowhere near the level of this phone..

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post

I just did an ESN change to it and it didn't attempt to force me to put a data plan on either..
    Hopefully it stays. It might not need one because it isn't in their system.

I think the Exilim is the only one on the list that doesn't need a data plan. That is a year old and most likely vzw is trying to get rid of it.

Feedback Score
    By gosh by golly!! Finally, after how many months? You're the man Peter! I spoke with a rep yesterday and he says the 8360 is in "limited supply now" which he says means its at the end.

I like the sound of the rubberized back and the speaker location - much like the boomers on the 8300.

Questions (if you can answer)

- The side-by-side photo looks like the 8360 on the left. Correct?
    - Can you tell if the 8370 has a voice memo button on the side?
    - Looks like a brushed aluminum/black exterior.
    - The photo we've been looking at since February indicated a checkerboard-type layout of the keys but they look black in your pics. Can you tell?

Thanks Peter! We owe you one!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah thats a well abused 8360 next to its brother.

Im not sure, and I am out of the office till monday.

Its all plastic, but nice quality plastic, like the old 8300.

yeah the keypad has a subtle checkerboard coloring to it.

As far as the 8360 being in limited supply, last i heard there were a half million of these sitting in a warehouse somewhere, and they aren't selling AT ALL.

Feedback Score
    Sold. What's the likelihood of the 8370 being released anytime soon? I hope that 9.99 data plan doesn't creep in the room.

Feedback Score
    Will Verizon completely deplete their stock of 8360s before selling the 8370?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3am View Post
    Will Verizon completely deplete their stock of 8360s before selling the 8370?
    Sure, they just need to drop the required $10 data add on.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's almost looking like this wont be carried by Verizon at all, BUT one of the major alternate vendors are selling them, and they claim it will have no Data package.

Don't look for this at a Verizon Corp store anytime soon, but your savvy Indirect Retailer should have them in stock.

Activated the 2 I got on friday last night, no issues. Ordered a boatload more this morning.

We have it priced at $49.99 with a 2 year. There is no Verizon rebate on it.

Feedback Score
    Mr B, who's the major alternate vendor and how do the rest of us get one? You ordered a boatload, I only want one.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You wont be able to purchase from them. They don't sell to customers directly.

You can ask your local indirect store if they order from Brightstar at all. They are the ones that have them. Corp stores wont have these for a while, at least until the 8360 is sold out, and thats not happening anytime soon.

I'd sell them to you, but my contract prevents me from selling over the internet in any way.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I saw Verizon's summer guidebook and the LG Clout is NOT listed under feature phones or 3G Multimedia devices. Is it possible that this phone will be for indirect dealers only for the long haul? Perhaps it is meant to give indirects a decent phone to sell without mandatory data plan.

If Verizon were to release it without data plan, it would be like admitting defeat on their data plan requirement for the VX-8XXX series. It would be nice if they did this though.
    A phone is only fun when you can modify it anyway you please.

The Verizon UI....unhackable? I think not

Feedback Score
    So this phone is manufactured, tested, branded and ready to go, but not being sold? Strange.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast